How to manually update to 1.5 pre release (Official minecraft pre release)
13,176Views, 1 today
- 68 Comments
- 2 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 37 : Artisan Dwarf
To update just enable snapshots under your profile in the new minecraft launcher!!!
Ignore:Just dying to try all the new redstone features in the redstone update?? Well come make them on this pre release! Follow these directions to update your minecraft the pre-release 1.5 pre release.
(NOTE: damage can be undone)
1) go to your minecraft folder (windows: go to 'Run' and type %appdata% then press enter and you will see the .minecraft folder, that's the one. Mac: go to *Library>ApplicationSupport>Minecraft if you are on Lion Mac your library may appear to be invisible, to find it click the search bar under finder (the line with the little magnifying glass) and press 'shift>command key (the one with apple)>g' then type in '~/Library' and there you will see application support)
2) Go to bin the bin folder
3) Locate the minecraft.jar and drag it out of the bin folder to anywhere, or just delete it (DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING ELSE)
4) Download the new minecraft.jar (1.5 pre release) here (Some people are having a problem with the file being zipped, if you have this problem, google is your friend).
5) Open your downloads folder and find the new minecraft.jar then drag that into the bin folder (the minecraft.jar MUST be called minecraft.jar not anything else like 'minecraft.jar(2)' or 'minecraft copy.jar')
6) Launch and check out new, more convenient, creative inventory and trade with villagers!
NOTE: To go back to 1.4.7 either force update or drag the original minecraft.jar back in the bin and the 1.5 pre release one out!
NOTE: This may not work if you have mods installed!
- Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
- Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
- Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
- Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
- Added Daylight Sensor
- Added Trapped Chest
- Added Weighed Pressure Plate
- Added Block of Redstone
- Added Nether Brick (item)
- Added Nether Quartz and ore
- Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
- New command: /scoreboard
- New command: /effect
- Containers and mobs can have custom names
- Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
- Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
- Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
- Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
- More detailed death messages
- Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
- Many, many, bug fixes
- Removed Herobrine
Want more? Go here or here
If you find this useful, please diamond.
Don't want to play alone? Go here
---NO LONGER APPLIES----
Update #14 : 03/07/2013 4:15:19 pm3/07/13
Update #13 : 10/19/2012 4:26:38 pm10/19/12
Update #12 : 10/17/2012 4:12:55 pm10/17/12
Update #11 : 10/11/2012 3:08:24 pm10/11/12
Update #10 : 09/27/2012 7:29:51 pm9/27/12
Update #9 : 08/24/2012 2:39:18 pm8/24/12
Update #8 : 06/27/2012 9:03:32 am6/27/12
Update #7 : 06/21/2012 9:34:29 am6/21/12
Update #6 : 05/31/2012 10:29:09 am5/31/12
Update #5 : 05/29/2012 6:27:28 am5/29/12
Update #4 : 05/24/2012 12:37:41 pm5/24/12
Update #7 : 05/10/2012 10:59:54 am5/10/12
Update #6 : 05/09/2012 5:43:42 pm5/09/12
Update #5 : 05/03/2012 5:43:30 pm5/03/12
Comments : 68
Join us to post comments.