How do I make my server appear as online??!!??
Level 41 : Master Geek
Posted 11/02/11 7:19:44 pm
- If it is a hamachi IP (indicated by a IP starting with 5.) it will not show up as online on Planet Minecraft, the reason behing that is we have to ping the server, and if a response comes back we know it's online. This is why you notice a IP that looses connection every once and a while on your server if you run one with a IP posted to Planet Minecraft. It can not reach the hamachi servers.
- Have you port forwarded? http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-minecraft-server-windows/ Make sure you have followed those instructions if you haven't.
- Do you have a firewall on? If you do, disable it and look again.
- Is the IP correctly on the IP address field on the server post editing page? Make sure it doesn't contain a port at the end (ex :25565) the port should go on the next field.
- If your IP starts with 192.168 then it is a internal IP. Go to http://www.whatismyip.com
Join us to post comments.