210Views, 2 today
Get Embed Code
Level 45 : Master Cowboy
Posted 01/08/12 4:35:16 pm
If you've begun reading this, it may imply that you feel unappreciated in the minecraft community or at least think you deserve more recodnition. In this blog I will illustrate a number of tips and tricks that you can use to help become noticed and even (hopefully) get on the front page!
Now I am certainly aware that there are many 'tutorials' that supposedly guarantee you instant popularity, so before you read any further, this blog, nor does any other grant you a divine ticket to stardom. Anyway, first we must cover what you need to have in order to become recodnised or followed.
- TALENT - Yes I'm afraid you'll need it. Not many make themselves known without it, so before you even post a project, assure yourself that you have created a quality product. This differs depending on your creative abilitys, for example anyone can create a 'survival map' (commonly a tiny island) or 'dirt house', but can anybody create a 'tropical erupting volcano survival map' or a 'cosmapolitan dirt mansion'. When it comes down to things, you need to apply actual architectual techniques to your builds. This doesn't mean you need to study architecture, this just means you need to take into consideration real life structures and undustand things like foundations, textiles and symmetry. A good way to practice these methods is to re-create an already existing structure, either fictional or real.
- PROMOTIONAL SKILLS - This should be obvious to many (I hope) that without promotion, less people will view your work. Now there are many ways to do this, some more contraversial than others. The first step however is promotion through creative means. The first thing people will see is that picture defining your project, it needs to be clear, attractive and correctly composed! To do this you'll need a photo editing software like 'Photoshop'. From there its easy, create a title (matching the theme), add lighting effects or even external features such as character skins. In preparation to posting, try posting a video, allow as many download options as possible (shematic, seed, world save, ect.) and provide good quailty information about your work. Once posted, advertise your product! Comment on recently 'popular' projects providing a link to your creation, post an update blog promoting your stuff and get active in forums.
- You can even go as far as to get the help of others to promote your stuff, providing of course if they want to.
- CONSUMER SATISFACTION - Once you've posted and promoted, don't stop! Hopefully you'll get feedback on your project and from that a vareity of responses. Its important to understand that the customer is
- always right, but never the troll! If you get a comment that can harm your reputation, deleate and block it! Other comments will be the typical "cool stuff +1", and to those you don't need to respond. Others however will suggest or question, to these, ALWAYS RESPOND! Your audiance by questioning has indicated that they are interested, more interest=more popularity. Don't subject there opinion (unless clearly trolling), instead offer the improvements that you will make on an update.
- BUSINESS SKILLS - Now that you have a following you'll need to keep them happy. To do this don't just repeat on what we've covered, but also appeal to other audiances. For example, if many of your creations have a similar theme (retro gaming, futuristic, ect.) then seek an audiance that identifies with that theme. This means going on forums or minecraft related sites and posting or advertising your work on them. From there peruade them onto your chosen hub (link to planet minecraft) and you'll gain a larger audiance. By now you should have a decent amount of subcribers, which means you'll get garanteed feedback on your posts. Keep them happy, suggest projects and act on there thoughts.
Well thats about it, if you wish to ask any questions concerning me or this blog, please comment below. Diamonds are appreciated as thoughs help for promotion purposes and of course as always, subscribe!
Join us to post comments.