How to get your server popular.
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
Posted 07/20/12 4:04:10 am , last updated: 07/30/12 3:33:45 am
1. Invite your friends to the server to help with things like step 3
2. Get some good plugins to also to help with step 3. Good plugins include WorldGuard, WorldEdit, iConomy/BOSEconomy, MobArena, Factions for a PvP server, Towny and McMMo
3. Make an interesting but not too complex spawn, complex spawns tend to confuse people and they don't know what to do and where to go. Which makes them leave.
4. Post your server on various server sites.
5. After talking to the players you get and your friends for a week or so, choose some staff, staff is very important to a good minecraft server. They let you relax a little bit more so you can enjoy yourself on the server, and they help out when you're not online.
6. Make a Website to centralize all discussion about your server and help with growing the community.
Thank you for reading!
If you would like to come on my server to either see an example or just play, feel free to message me :D
|Tags:||Minecraft, Server, Smp, Cmp, Creative, Survival, Nexus, Tutorial, Blog|
Update #2 : 07/30/2012 3:33:45 am7/30/12
Update #1 : 07/27/2012 4:47:32 pm7/27/12
Join us to post comments.