How to install OptiFine for windows (Boosts MC speed)
1,596Views, 1 today
Get Embed Code
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon
Posted 08/31/12 2:56:50 pm , last updated: 11/02/12 1:01:07 pm
How to install:
Requirements: Minecraft, OptiFine (obviously) and Winrar, WinZip or 7-zip (I prefer Winrar though)
1. Download Winrar here if you havent yet: http://www.win-rar.com/postdownload.html?&L=0
2.GetOptiFine: (Ad link removed)
3. Go into the optifine.zip with winrar or any of the others that i listed above, you will find several class files and other things.
4. Minimize the optifine.zip and go to your start menu bar (the little windows icon on the bottom left corner.
5. If you are using windows xp on your start menu on the right there should be a program named run click it, if your using Vista or 7 type in run on the search bar and hit enter.
6. On run, type in %AppData% Make sure you type in the percents in front and back!
7. A folder will come up, inside it there should be a file named .minecraft, open it up.
8. Go to the folder named bin inside and right click the file that says minecraft, it should be a .jar file, when you right click it go to open with and click winrar, 7-zip or winzip. (By the way if something about a license thing appears just close it, it doesnt mean anything.)
9. There should be a file called Meta-Inf in the file DELETE IT!
10. Go back to your optifine .zip but keep minecraft.jar open, finish this off by dragging and dropping all the files in the optifine.zip to the minecraft.jar. Then close everything and launch minecraft.
There you have it thats how you get optifine, to check if it works simply launch minecraft and go to video settings, check if there are different video options.
Hope this works :D
|Tags:||Mods, OptiFine, Tutorial|
Link Update : 11/02/2012 1:01:07 pm11/02/12
Join us to post comments.