How to make a minecraft server (with hamachi)
Level 8 : Apprentice Dragon
Posted 08/10/12 9:05:41 pm
- Download the Hamachi client.
- Click on "Unmanaged download" and install Hamachi.
- Create a Network
- Once the "LogMeIn Hamachi" client is open, click the power button in the upper right corner.
- Once the client is ready, click on the "Network" tab, and click "Create a New Network".
- Type in a Network ID (name of the network) and Password. (Password is optional) The Network ID and Password is what people will use to join the network.
- Now click create, and you will see a new tab that says the ID name. You have how created a network.
- Set up the Server
- After you have created a network with Hamachi, go to Minecraft, click on "Download", then and find the "Minecraft_Server.exe" click on that (if you are running windows) and download it.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and call it whatever you like. (this folder will keep track of your server stats)
- Drag the "Minecraft_Server.exe" into the new folder, and open the application.
- Once the application loads, close the application. Then you will notice new icons in your folder.
- Click on the server properties file and open it with notepad.
- Ignore everything else at the moment (you can change it all later) and for the space that says "server-ip" type in the ip that is shown on hamachi. (example, 3.557.185.594) Now change any other properties and click "save".
- Join The Server
- Launch "Minecraft_Server.exe" and wait for the spawn to load. When it says "done", you are ready to play.
- Now leave the Minecraft_Server.exe open, and type in the ip on Minecraft. The server should now work.
- Play with friends. All your friends have to do is get Hamachi.
- Click "Join existing Network"
- Type in the Network ID and Password you have made, and type in the ip on minecraft. You have now created a server.
Join us to post comments.