How to make an AMAZING spawn
Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior
Posted 04/27/13 2:17:38 pm
- Servers usually start being popular because of their amazing spawns, they make you want to explore, whether you start out in a castle, or a parkour challenge, or just having an amazing place to see, Minecraft is a sandbox game, so your spawns amazing-ness is only stopped by your own imagination!
Here are a couple of steps to make sure your server can be popular and you spawn will be amazing
1) No boxes: Dont just flatten a small area and add a small box house with a 1x2 door to get out of spawn, im not saying make a spawn so huge that noone can ever get out, make it medium to fairly large, and dont make it out of dirt.
2) Materials: Don't make your spawn out of nooby materials like dirt or cobblestone, make it so you can see the landscape out of spawn, and use materials that compliment each other (like, quartz and iron) or iron and glass) diamond and obsidian look nice together as well, just make sure they are able to see what they came for, the amazing world of minecraft.
3) Signs: Ok... the truth is almost noone ever reads the rules... and it kinda sucks to be spawned in a small cramped space with towering walls covered with signs. try to limit your use of signs, because after a while it also makes the spawn look like a piece of poop. If you want them to know the rules, write them in a book and quill and put it in their inventory, or make a command like /rules so they can read them if they want.
4) try to give them something to do: Try to put in the spawn what the players might need that they are not able to get, you could put and enchant table in, or an anvil.. And to help the players out you could have a fenced in area at spawn that has a pig spawner in it, so the players have a chance to get food before they set out on an adventure.
5) Kits; Many servers do offer kits or starters to get the player going (usually wooden or stone tools) this at least gives the player something to start with, but dont give people full diamond armor or diamond tools to start... wheres the fun in mining or gathering then? it's usually good to give them a bit of food to start out with because usually all the animals around spawn are killed almost immediately and that makes it harder to find food.
Thanks for reading this bog! -Knifefreak333
|Credit:||spawns, spawn, amazing, how, to, :D, diamond|
Join us to post comments.