How to make your own server SAFE and SECURE!
Level 32 : Artisan Herobrine
Posted 07/13/12 6:58:46 am
This has happened to many players in Minecraft, and I'm now here to show you some simple steps on how to make your own Minecraft server SAFE (to griefers, spammers, etc).
1) Before you even start your Minecraft multiplayer server you should probably download some plugins. Plugins could be anything from powers to building restrictions to simple pop up messages. Some are very useful in making sure that no one destroys your or others creations. Some plugins that help me this way in my server are:
o Color OP (when you chat your name is red to show that your OP/admin)
o Creeper Heal (when a creeper blows up everything automatically rebuilds itself. Player damage stays the same)
o Essentials Spawn (enables you to set your own spawn, so players don't spawn randomly)
o Lockette (enables you to place signs in front of doors/chests, which serve as a lock so only you can use them)
o Residence (enables you to buy property so no one can destroy it except for you)
o Welcome Rulezz (when a player enters the server a list of your rules shows up in the chat)
2) Create a big and secure spawn. Build it in a way so that no one can wander off in any direction. You need to show the player that the spawn is the start and that they have to follow through your program until the end. In my server I have this huge house with enough space to place all the signs with rules so the players can see them. I have built it so no one can go into restricted areas. MAKE SURE that players can't walk out of the spawn without having seen the rules. Some important rules might be:
o No stacking blocks
o No griefing
o No swearing
o No stealing structures
If players don't follow your rules than you should either give them a warning or ban them for 24 hours.
3) Make a warp to a building area or build a mine cart track that leads into the wilderness. This is important, because you probably don't want people building right next to your spawn and mess up the sight. It could also help with a griefing problem. As you can see in my spawn picture above there is a mine cart track that goes off into the distance. What you see is just the beginning, it goes on for a long, long time. I just wanted to make sure that no one messes up my spawn as it is also an admin building area. I've made it so that when the mine cart reaches the other station (little hut) then they can get out, follow a secure pathway through the woods and then they can start doing whatever they want, far away from the spawn.
4) If in doubt, don't make your server public. Don't upload posts about it on Facebook or PlanetMinecraft. I only told my friends my server IP and it's probably going to stay that way. Also to ensure that there won't be much destruction, my best friend and I are the only admins, and the only one's in creative mode. All others are on survival.
5) Don't be to easy on griefers or people that disobey your rules. If you just let them go with their crime then i guarantee they will do it again. BE TOUGH, THEY HAVE TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.
I hope these few steps have helped you think about how you're going to reveal your server to the public. I hope I helped a few people out there! BUH BYE <3
|Tags:||Minecraft, Multiplayer, Server, Help, Guide, Step, Griefers, Rules, Plug, Tutorial, Contest, Helpful, Own, Power, Control, Article|
Join us to post comments.