How to remove lag on Minecraft
3,904Views, 21 today
Get Embed Code
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Posted 12/04/12 4:11:56 pm
Hello! I've decided to make my first blog!
It's all about how to get rid of lag on almost any Minecraft version! (including the latest - 1.4.7)
How to remove lag
1. Change Video Settings
When you first get Minecraft, by default, all settings are at highest. This is great to show off game-play but can cause slowness or lag. There is a simple fix to this: Change the settings!
- Start Minecraft and login.
- Once on the main menu, click on "Options..."
- Now click on "Video Settings..."
- Click on "Graphics:" until it says "Graphics: Fast"
- Click on "Render Distance:" until it says "Render Distance: Normal"
- Click on "Particles:" until it says "Particles: Decreased"
- Click on "Smooth Lighting:" until it says "Smooth Lighting: OFF"
- (SKIP THIS IF YOUR PC IS OVER 8 YEARS OLD) Click on "Advanced OpenGL:" until it says
"Advanced OpenGL: ON"
This mod is the most popular mod ever launched for Minecraft. It changes the way Minecraft loads things so it's quicker. It also supplies you with a load of extra settings if you're a computer wizz like me!
- Goto optifine.net in your web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Click on "Downloads"
- Download the edition you want for the latest version of Minecraft. (In this case it's 1.4.5)
- Get WinRAR from rarlabs.com if you haven't already.
- Press the Windows Key + R
- Type %appdata%
- Double click on the ".minecraft" folder
- Double click on the "bin" folder
- Right click on "minecraft.jar" and "Open With -> WinRAR"
- Find where you downloaded your Optifine and open that with WinRar too.
- In the "minecraft.jar" WinRAR window, delete the folder "META-INF"
- Select all the files from your Optifine opened in WinRAR.
- Drag them into the "minecraft.jar" opened in WinRAR.
- Close both WinRAR windows.
- Start Minecraft Launcher and login
- If you are quite smart with computers then mess around with all the extra settings in the Video Settings... added by Optifine. If you don't know what some settings do, simply don't touch them as some can crash your game if it's incompatible with something you changed.
3. Get a faster internet connection!
This one makes playing on Multiplayer servers A LOT less laggy!! However, it's the only one which costs more money the faster you want to go.
Basically, Minecraft Multiplayer works like this:
1. Player joins a server and it connects to the internet, then to Mojang to confirm you're premium ("Logging in...") then connects you to the server.
This is called Ping. Ping is the amount of time in milliseconds it takes for you to connect to something over the internet. So of course, a lower ping is better.
If you have an average ping of over 500ms on all the servers you play on Minecraft Multiplayer, then it's your internet that's slow and NOT the server. The simple way around this is to pay more for a faster internet connection. I know this because I'm a server owner and I've tested my server on various devices and wi-fi connections to find out what mainly causes lag on servers. And the main cause is in fact, people not changing their video settings and having it at the highest or having a slow internet connection ping-wise. Sure the actual server matters too but, on most servers which aren't full and lag, it's you.
I hoped this helped! - Paint_Ninja
|Tags:||Minecraft, Lag, Craftmine, Tekkit, Spout, Spoutcraft, Slow, Internet, Ping, Lagg, Server, Multiplayer, Settings, Optifine, Mods, Tutorial|
Join us to post comments.