FACTIONS: The Basics
194Views, 3 today
Get Embed Code
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect
Posted 10/20/12 12:42:44 pm , last updated: 10/30/12 12:21:52 pm
Welcome to the first of my FACTION blog series! The Basics:
Ok, so I will be adding more steps to this almost everyday, so stay tuned to find out how to run a successful faction!
(1) First off, you will need to travel a good distance from spawn. Try not to walk in a strait line. Zig-zagging makes you harder to find.
(2) Once you are a good distance away, make sure your power is at 10/10 (If you do not know how to check your power, use the command '/f power' or '/f pow') If your power is 10/10, then create a faction with /f create . Then, if the server allows it, change the description with /f desc .
*If your power is not 10/10, make an underground room and stand in it... Go afk untill your power is 10/10*
(3) Now that you have your faction started, build a small house with enough room to keep at least 4 large-chest fulls of materials. Claim land all around the house and inside the house with '/f claim'
(4) Now you need to build some essential structures and gain some materials!
- You should have some sort of meat farm (cow, pig, chicken)
- You should also grow a variety of crops
- Make an effecient mine
- Stay organized by making a storage room with labeled chests
- You should always be wearing armor, so you do not lose power
- Create a furnace room (this should be close to your storage room) for effecient smelting
**NOTE: I will not be covering all the things needed to successfully run a faction, look at the title, it is just the basics**
(5) Now that you have the basic rooms, make a spawn area for your faction. This should be away from your important rooms, and your important rooms should be hidden. Only let people you know/trust into your faction... unless you want to get raided.
(6) Managing your faction members. Everyone in your faction should have a job. This is essential in getting things done. You should also have pre-made houses in your faction. The members of your faction will buy these, supporting money flow in your faction.
Also guys, I would really appreciate it if you followed along on a faction server and tell me how it turns out.
Update #4 : 10/30/2012 6:32:12 pm10/30/12
Update #3 : 10/30/2012 12:21:52 pm10/30/12
Update #2 : 10/29/2012 2:04:31 pm10/29/12
Small \"Follow Along\" Server : 10/22/2012 3:13:33 pm10/22/12
Ok guys, here is the ip for a small server that is good to follow along on!
It is named 'MCA Craft' at:
Join us to post comments.