How to stream to Twitch.TV in Minecraft 1.7.4
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
Posted 12/11/13 11:43 am , last updated: 12/12/13 11:23:07 am
Minecraft 1.7.4 brought the epic new feature of no longer needing a streaming program to livestream Minecraft to Twitch.TV. It's now all built in, and really easy to setup!
- A migrated account (this means you login using your email, not your username)
- A Twitch.TV account
The first thing you need to do to stream to Twitch is to link your Twitch and Mojang.com accounts.
- Visit http://account.mojang.com, click login, and enter your email and password. You might have to enter the answer to your security question, and agree to the Terms of Service once you've done this.
- Click "view account settings".
- Click "Connect to your Twitch account"
- If you're not already, you'll be asked to login to Twitch. When you've done that, authorize the connection.
Your Mojang account is now linked to your Twitch.TV account!
Now your accounts are linked, it's time to setup the your streaming options.
- Open Minecraft, login, pause the game, click settings, then click broadcast settings.
- You'll now hopefully see a screen like this:
Here's what each setting does:
Quality - sets how high the quality of your stream is. Lower quality = less intensive on PC/network.
Framerate - Controls how many FPS the stream will be capped at.
Bandwidth - sets how much data you'll allow streaming to send/receive per second over your network
Mic Volume - Control how loud your microphone is for viewers
System Volume - Controls how loud MInecraft/other programs will be in the stream
Send Metadata - Controls if metadata is sent with your stream
Push To - Controls if your PTT key makes your microphone enabled or disabled
Compression - Controls how much your stream is compressed before being sent to Twitch
Enable Chat Whilst - Controls when your Twitch.TV channel's chat is visible in-game
User Filter - Controls who's messages on your Twitch channel's chat are visible in-game
Broadcast Server List - Allows you to choose which Twitch server to broadcast to
- You might also want to open the control settings and change the streaming controls.
Now you've done all the hard work, it's time to stream! Simply press your Start/Stop Stream key (default F6), and you'll stream to the account you specified earlier!
|Tags:||Tutorial, Stream, 174, Twitchtv, Twitch, Livestream, Live, Broadcast|
Fixed Steaming Options Screenshot : 12/12/2013 11:23:07 am12/12/13
The screenshot for step 1 of Setting it Up now has the red box around Broadcasting Settings, not super secret settings like it used to (whoops, not sure how that happened...).