How to Use Command Blocks
7,250Views, 24 today
Get Embed Code
Level 32 : Artisan Zombie
Posted 01/08/13 6:04:08 pm , last updated: 01/09/13 5:27:54 pm
There are a few important things to know about command blocks. Let me list them quickly:
1. Command Blocks are not available in the creative menu, and cannot be crafted in survival
2. use /give [playername] 137 [amount] to obtain command blocks in creative/survival (cheats have to be enabled)
3. Command Blocks, when clicked on, open up an interface for commands to be entered. This is very different from the command interface/chat interface opened with the T key.
4. Command Blocks can only be activated by a redstone pulse.
5. Since command blocks are not meant to be seen, they have quite an ugly texture. Because of this compared with their ability to "command" over the entire map, it is possible to have certain command blocks (such as the ones controlling time, weather, and location) located all in the same place. I will teach you how to create command blocks controlling time, weather, and location.
6. A final hint: To make the command block silent (meaning that it will not announce each command executed) unless instructed to speak, type:
/gamerule commandBlockOutput false
in chat. This is EXTREMELY useful, and most good maps using command blocks have this command.
You want thunder, lightning, rain...you want the perfect atmosphere for a scary spooky map! Fortunately, this can easily be toggled using the command block.
/toggledownfall and /weather thunder
Those are the two key commands. Input these into the command blocks, then hook them up to a lever. Flip the lever for rain or thunder. If you want infinite rain/thunder, use a redstone looper.
Teleportation and Location Control Coming Soon!
|Tags:||Tutorial, Redstone, Command Blocks, Ruincastler1, Adventure, Rpg, Massive, Beast, Boss, Automatic, Control|
Update #2 : 01/09/2013 5:27:54 pm1/09/13
Update #1 : 01/08/2013 6:29:01 pm1/08/13
Join us to post comments.