Minecraft - How to get more FPS out of your computer.
2,430Views, 2 today
Get Embed Code
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Posted 08/18/12 10:46:37 am , last updated: 09/21/12 6:31:27 am
Now, if you're just coming into Minecraft, you're probably wondering why it is so laggy sometimes. The reason is, that Minecraft is really demanding when it comes to memory on your computer. Think about all those individual items floating and spinning in midair. Think of all the particles and textures. That's why Minecraft lags. (Quick note: FPS means Frames Per Second)
In this tutorial, I will be showing you well known ways to fix all of that, at the price of some extra graphics in Minecraft.
1. The first and probably best way is to just get Optifine, which allows you much more customization involving graphics. It will tell you what's good and bad for your overall FPS.
Optifine - http://bit.ly/NoOKEY
2. Go to your video settings and change graphics from Fancy to Fast. It gives you a great FPS boost usually.
3. Go to your video settings and change render distance to the setting lower than it. (If you already have it on tiny, this one won't help you.)
4. Go to your video settings and change Advanced OpenGL to ON. This makes it so it only loads chunks that you can see.
5. Go to your video settings and change Smooth Lighting to OFF. (This will probably just make Minecraft look worse because it doesn't do much.)
AGAIN, THANKS FOR READING THIS.
-IF YOU LIKE IT, LEAVE A DIAMOND-
-IF YOU LOVED IT, LEAVE A FAVORITE-
-IF YOU WANT TO TELL ME SOMETHING, COMMENT-
|Tags:||Minecraft, Planet, Blog, Diamond, Favorite, Subscribe, Comment, Lag, NoLag, Free, Advanced, OpenGL, Babies, Tiger, Panda, Papa, Roach, Dubstep, Tutorial|
Update #1 : 09/21/2012 6:31:27 am9/21/12
Join us to post comments.