Minecraft Cake!~~Cakin Bake~~
1,247Views, 1 today
Get Embed Code
Level 21 : Expert Pixel Painter
Posted 08/16/12 6:48:43 pm , last updated: 09/16/12 5:40:40 pm
We'll be making it in a tray so where going to triple the quantity
Note these cakes are Egg free.
Note the ingredients have been tripled.
4 1/2 cups of flour.
2 1/4 cups of granulated sugar.
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
3/4 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder.
4 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
1 cup of of canola oil.
3 tablespoons of white distilled vinegar.
3 cups of cold water.
about 2 tubs of Benny crockers chocolate frosting.
depends on how thick you make it.
1 packet of Royal icing.
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C or as gas mark 4)
Place baking paper over you're tray.
2.Combine the flour. sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
3.Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
4.Add the vanilla, oil, vinegar and water. Mix until just combined.
5.Pour into your prepared tray and bake in the preheated oven.
6. Bake for at least 1 hour - check with a toothpick after 1 hour if the tooth pick comes out clean you're done.
7.Take the cake out of the oven, leave it to cool in the tray for around 20 minutes before turning it out onto a rack. .
8.When it is completely cool slice in to 2 squares, using a tape measure to make sure the cakes are both even squares of the same size. Discard trimmed bits (Freeze and make cake pops at a later date! Post to follow).
9. use your tubs of Benny Crockers chocolate frosting and cover both cakes.
10. Carefully place 1 of the cakes on top of the other cake.
11.Use a rolling pin to roll out your royal icing, reserving a small chunk. Cut the white icing into a square shape of a size to sit across the top of the cake and half way down the edges of the cake.
12. Carefully lift your icing and lay it over the top of the cake. Smooth it down the sides of the cake. Cut away any excess and with a moist finger you can smooth any cracks together.
13. With a knife, carefully slice out the edges on the sides of the white icing, to make the cake have the up and down feature, make them square not rectangular.
14. Smooth any lumps and bumps, and knead your reserved icing with red food coloring to make the red squares for the top of the cake.
15. Place carefully in your desired configuration atop the cake.
Serve & Enjoy
Congratulations on you're very own minecraft cake make sure you fill up on those Hearts!
please Comment, Diamond,Subscribe and Like!
thanks for the diamonds !!
Update #2 : 09/16/2012 9:04:31 pm9/16/12
Update #1 : 09/16/2012 5:40:40 pm9/16/12
Join us to post comments.