Hi, peterod1998 here,
Lately, I've been making Abstract skins like this one
. And because Minetorials Contest is on-going I decided to make a Tutorial on it. This is my first tutorial so I hope you enjoy!
Ok, Let's get started!
Now that you have those the fun begins!
1. Open MCSkin3D, Make new skin and Fill it with whatever colour you want as your base!
2. Save and Close MCSkin3D. Open the skin file in Paint.NET. Add the other colours you want in your skin using the brush tool.
3. Go to Effects, Distort and Click on Twist.
4. Play around with the twisting effects to find the twists to suit you. e.g. the size, placing , direction etc.
5. Save and Close Paint.NET. Open MCSkin3D and import the skin. There will be some transparent parts of the skin sot we must get rid of them. First, Click the Lighten Darken tool and Darken all of the skin!
6. Secondly, Click the Dodge/Burn tool. Dodge the Image until it looks satisfactory. This has got rid of all transparent parts of the skin.
7.Add a face to suit your skin. Save and Upload to PlanetMinecraft.
Hope this Minetorial helped you! Please give me feedback and if you want more skinning tutorials Leave me a Diamond! I'm looking forward to many new abstract skins! Please send me a PM with the abstract skins you have made from my Tutorial!
Thanks for your attention!