Minecraft Pre-release review and info
238,315Views, 17 today
Get Embed Code
Level 71 : Legendary Warrior
Posted 09/22/11 9:29:27 am , last updated: 08/09/12 5:26:48 pm
- Zombies, skeletons and zombie pigmen have enchanted armor and weapons.
- Villagers turn into zombies when killed by a zombie.
- Villagers trading has been changed: Villagers will not like you if you hurt them and like you if you trade with them more. By doing different trades with the villager can cause them to restock old sold-out trades.
- Large trees now generate their branches with rotated logs
- Chatting should now work ok even if the server is lagging
- F3 now shows your feet and your head level
- Logs are now rotatable
- Creepers now do more damage, but the damage scales depending on your difficulty. Creepers on hard mode can reduce you to 2 hearts with full diamond armour.
- Explosions now give knockback
- Reduced XP from furnaces
- Lots of bugfixes and optimisation
- Further optimisation to try to reduce the increased resource requirements
- Changes to fix bugs with pistons. However this unfortunately seems to change the way they act and will break some piston systems :/
- Boats now drop boats when broken
- Signs stack to 16 and the recipe now makes 3 signs instead of 1 (Awesome!)
- Addition of Multiplayer options and interface for single player worlds.
- Pigs now drop 1 - 3 pork instead of 0 - 2
- Finally there are 4 types of wooden stairs.
- If you start drowning, the damage no longer prevents you from reaching the surface
- Villagers now run out of resources and eventually remove their trades as they run out.
- Single player servers are now in their first (buggy) working version. Invite a player to your single player world using /publish
- Ender chests in SMP now have an inventoryÂ per player
- Levers can be placed attached to the bottom of a block
- Loads of little bugfixes
- Lv 17 and above enchantments are now slightly less linear again (higher levels are harder)
- Mining ores gives 3 times less XP
- Tripwire is now triggered by any entity, including arrows. Also the maximum tripwire distance is now 40 blocks.
- Boats are now faster and easier to control
- You can now see other players breaking blocks in SMP.
- You can now see enchanted items in SMP
- Numerous bugfixes / gameplay tweaks
- Can now make a block of emerald
- Creative inventory has been rejuggled and improved a bit, including naming different wood blocks to their respective wood type, armor, potions and crafting as well as a delete button
- Pausing in single player works again :D
- Various small changes and fixes including minor terrain generation changes
- Improvements to placing half slabs
- Rain drips through leaves
- Smelting with a lava bucket doesn't use up the bucket anymore
- A few terrain changes
- Sandstone stairs
- Various minor fixes/changes
- Cocoa beans are now easier to obtain, they have been added to jungle biomes. Good for cookies!
- The sandstone blocks have been named 'Chiseled Sandstone' and 'Smooth Sandstone'.
- There is now the option to generate worlds as a 'large biome' type. This spreads outs the biomes quite a bit and stops those weird areas where you have 4 or 5 biomes converging at one point.
- Wooden tools can be burnt in furnaces
- Villagers now spawn random types
- Updates and bug fixes
- Wood half slabs are now in colours - good for designing builds!
- Some bug fixes, including the creative pick-block crashes
- Other secret stuff...
- And of course, Editable books!
- Added a free demo mode (not enabled yet)
- Added randomly generated treasure chests option
- Added option to use singleplayer commands
- Some tweaks and fixes
1.3 pre-release 1 features:
- Shift clicking is added to brewing stands and armor.
- Dropped items merge into a stack - prevents lag from excess entity rendering.
- In creative right-clicking a cart will give it the equivalent of coal
- Dispensers have been upgraded: they can now dispense carts and boats into the object rather than a floating item.
- Various creative inventory changes: blocks with different damage values dont stack, clicking a new block gives you the new block rather than deleting the current one :/
- Middle clicking in creative mode allows you to 'pick block' you are looking at and get it in your hand.
- Mob eggs now spawn babiesÂ
- Creative-picking reeds, redstone blocks or signs doesn't give you the item
- Creative-picking the extended part of a piston or the Ender dragon crashes the game
- Changing GUI scale crashes the game
- Updating a gravity-affected block which should fall crashes the game
Older 1.2 Pre-releases
- Can now shift click into furnaces (something I've wanted for ages!)
- Direct connect now remembers the last IP you connected with
- A few improvements to cats- more demanding, but don't sit on your chests as much
- Right clicking tnt with flint and steel now sets it off, like the old school punch tnt method used to.
- A whole load of new bug and exploit fixes, including some of those horrific lighting bugs >.>
- Few new tweaks to the F3 debug screen
- FPS on menu screens is now limited to 250 FPSÂ
- Chat historyÂ
- Changes to catsÂ
- Very sexy new decorative blocks
|Tags:||Art, Prerelease, Pre, Release, Minecraft, Beta, Server, Jar, Beta 19, New, Article, Snowman, Snow, Herobrine, Golem, Mooshroom, Blaze, NPC, Biome, Glass, Bottle, Hardcore, Breed, Breeding, Dragon, Ender, Portal, Stronghold|
Note: Showing last 25 of 37 logs.
Update #37 : 08/09/2012 5:26:48 pm8/09/12
Update #36 : 07/27/2012 6:38:47 am7/27/12
Update #35 : 07/25/2012 7:12:56 pm7/25/12
Update #34 : 07/05/2012 2:41:13 pm7/05/12
Update #33 : 06/27/2012 5:47:28 pm6/27/12
Update #32 : 06/21/2012 6:21:12 pm6/21/12
Update #31 : 06/17/2012 8:32:27 am6/17/12
Update #30 : 06/07/2012 6:53:06 pm6/07/12
Update #29 : 05/31/2012 1:25:07 pm5/31/12
Update #28 : 05/25/2012 11:05:01 am5/25/12
Update #27 : 05/24/2012 12:52:05 pm5/24/12
Update #26 : 05/10/2012 1:02:50 pm5/10/12
Update #25 : 05/05/2012 7:14:59 am5/05/12
Update #24 : 04/26/2012 4:07:12 pm4/26/12
Update #23 : 04/19/2012 2:22:12 pm4/19/12
Update #22 : 04/13/2012 11:57:44 am4/13/12
Update #21 : 03/30/2012 10:34:39 am3/30/12
Update #20 : 03/23/2012 12:53:34 pm3/23/12
Update #19 : 02/29/2012 4:18:46 pm2/29/12
Update #18 : 02/23/2012 5:29:22 pm2/23/12
Update #17 : 02/15/2012 5:27:21 pm2/15/12
Update #16 : 02/09/2012 6:49:52 am2/09/12
Update #15 : 02/02/2012 5:32:28 pm2/02/12
Update #14 : 01/26/2012 10:47:32 am1/26/12
Update #13 : 01/19/2012 10:58:45 am1/19/12
Join us to post comments.