674Views, 3 today
Get Embed Code
Level 45 : Master Elf
Posted 06/07/12 11:10:54 pm
Ideas for running a dope ass successful MC server.
1) Start a token system
a) Tokens are used for promotions up to a certain rank
i) Guests need 1 to member
ii) Members need 35 more till architect
iii) Architects need 75 more till lead arch
(1) Tokens are gained by
(a) Competitions held every two weeks
(i) one winner. That winner gets one token. This promotes friendly competition as well as creates builds to be created in the server. Also as more people join more builds and more rankings based on achievement alone and not favoritism
(ii) After completion we do a video of the builds for the server promoting purposes
(b) create a task list
(i) task list says what needs to be done on the server in game such as:
1. infrastructure: spawns, roads, etc
2. needed buildings like capitols of biomes stating required buildings there
3. anything else that might need to be created in game
(c) plain old cool builds
(i) People like to build big things. If its good give the dude a token. If not tell them good job keep what they have, learn from it, and move on.
(ii) MAKE SURE YOU ARE STRICT. If its not BOOM in your face don’t give the dude a token cuz you feel bad.
(2) This token system allows for easy promotion without the promoter to have to travel as much to every building site. And requires NO questioning on how to get to these ranks.
(3) Ranking about lead artisan can only be given to a pre-existing lead artisan and is based on MODERATOR decisions. A moderator must elect a member by posting their name in a building (that can be built based on the token system as an infrastructure building) then Moderators daily duties can include checking that warp once a day to see if a name has been posted and to vote on it.
(4) Admins should be based off group decisions and can only be selected from moderators. Same voting process applies as above.
(a) Each admin should have a specific responsibility. Admin rank should be based off:
(i) What they do for the server, aka functionality. People who create truly epic masterpieces and are go to people for advice (like myself) and other reasons you may have based off in game play.
iv) The tokens will be monitored by an admin who keeps a tally chart for each player in a certain building in the Mithrinthia world. (infrastructure building)
v) Ask pizclassy on any details or questions you may have
2) Community build opportunities
a) Me being an awesome person I have about 100 ideas (literally 78 but whose counting) of projects that I can never complete on my own. Take these ideas and offer a team of 5 to create one of them
i) The team then creates it in a certain position while an admin can help with landscaping
ii) After completion we do a video of it for the server promoting purposes
iii) Give each member a token for completing the project.
(1) Larger projects may require more people and time. Either way it offers multiple opportunities to rank up and say “ hey I helped build this”
a) Make the website have all necessary explanations.
i) Rules, promotion protocals, behavious in game, skype details, maybe open a vent chat, applications for whitelist, forum etc
(1) Basically a site that lists every detail of server life and responsibilities of ranks. That way less in game questions and therefore more building
(2) Map of the freebuild and guestbuild areas to show people where things are
a) Plugins- yeah.
i) Safety- devise a way to protect builds from grief.
ii) Transportation for worlds
iii) Any other necessities
(1) Make server life fun! Encourage some horseplay and fun. But also remind members that building sick shit gets them promoted. Everyone needs a break here or there. Possibly create a realm just for messing around to keep server worlds clean
iv) Encourage pming.
(1) People that don’t pm important things don’t get answered
(2) Make sure people state AFK. Bc no one wants to be ignored
i) Make sure rank duties are stated out of game and in game. A building with rules and ranks and rank responsibilities that everyone must read is good because people can figure everything out that they have questions about.
a) These plague the server the most. To combat this, create a strict rule and punishment policy. Make sure to adhere to it strictly and do not create special situations. Ofcourse moderators and admins may have privaledges or different handling situations because of their rank.
(3) Temp banning
(5) Ban / ipban
(a) Set up what constitutes what and duration of affects. This stops people from acting out because then they cant participate in community events and therefore cant rank up.
|Tags:||Piz, Pizclassy, Elf, Server, Ideas, Starting, New, Fixing, Fix, Cool, Andy, Sucks, Balls, Thanks, Article|
Join us to post comments.