Some Building Tips For Any Beginners
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe
Posted 07/16/12 1:22:24 am , last updated: 07/18/12 5:51:55 am
What to build?/Need Ideas?
- Look around at pictures online.
- Watch video's on YouTube of good builds.
- Look around at other builds that are on the sever.
- Think about something that you have built before, How could you improve it?
- DO NOT STEAL OTHERS BUILDS!!
Plan - Think about an overall look for you build.
This Could include:
- Textures - What blocks you will use.
- Features - Any main features that you would like to add to the build, Fountains, Towers, Courtyards/Gardens Ect.
Design - Build a 1 high block outline of your build. This layout will help you and make sure everything is looking great. Saves time when making mistakes.
Build - Build up the walls of your build.
When building the walls, try to adding the following:
- Windows - These are important as they add light and can be easily added to include more detail. Add frames using a different texture, possibly ledge.
- Outlines - Different textures to make the build more detailed. This can include corner designs, patterns and shapes on the wall.
- Wall Height - Take this into account, if not your build could end up looking distorted.
This is one of the most part of a build as you can add as heaps of detail here.
A few tricks:
- Symmetry - Make sure you roof is equal, this makes the build like everything is how it is supposed to be. You don't know how many times I have seen flat or dented looking roofs. They ain't so pretty.
- Patterns - Patterns are really useful in building a roof. This is similar to symmetry, but it differs in a few ways. Have you ever seen a tower that looks really detailed but close up its really simple, you wonder 'How?' This is because you can use a really simple pattern, the shape of the walls even and keep building up, one block at a time.
Some things to think about adding to your roof include:
- Stair - They add a lot of edges to a roof.
- Slabs - A gradual climb to the top.
- Towers- Small little towers that are not apart of the build can add a more interesting design.
Detail - Detail is the most important thing in a build, especially if your going for a higher rank.
- Slabs are very useful for detail - Place around the build for an outline, On the wall to draw attention to an area, for a side of a path.
- Trapdoors are excellent to add onto glowstone to make lanterns.
- Flowers and grass Ect. - Good for decorating gardens.
- Remember to use patterns, shapes, designs to make your build unique.
- Add as much detail as you possibly can.
- Get others Opinions/Suggestions
- Spend a good amount of time on your build.
- Add depth to walls, "Boxes are really...UGLY"
- Decorate the area - Add gardens and paths around the outside
- Look at other builds for ideas - videos, pictures and builds on the server. DO NOT STEAL
This is only a basic post to help those that need some help.
If anyone has any ideas, tips or quotes they would like me to add, send me a forum message, I would be glad to.
Special Thanks to all that contributed to the "Tips and Quote's from others:" section.
Would like to update this and make this tutorial more extensive in the future.
|Credit:||TravisBrox, Admin of CheeseCraft SMP Server. This is an outstanding post that I decided should go out to the community. I am going to take this down if Travis decides that he doesn't want it up. Thank you to him and HkDavid1008 who posted it.|
Update #2 : 07/18/2012 5:51:55 am7/18/12
Update #1 : 07/16/2012 1:29:08 am7/16/12
Join us to post comments.