$1300 Budget Build [SOLVED]

JacobBoucher's Avatar JacobBoucher7/4/15 9:47 pm
1 emeralds 365 9
7/5/2015 12:57 pm
53MP3RF1's Avatar 53MP3RF1
Made my own build, no longer need help
JacobBoucher
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/05/2015 8:07 am
JacobBoucher
I have upgraded the build to a 3k budget. I will never get water cooling, I used onced and hated it. I'm an air man, and I find the sound of computers comforting and I can't sleep with out.
07/05/2015 12:57 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
What sort of computer are you looking for? Are you going to use it for content creation and not so much playing games? Are you only going to play games on it? I'd like some more detail as to what you're using it for.

Build
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($899.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Silverstone SST-HE01 171.0 CFM Ball Bearing CPU Cooler ($77.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($184.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($122.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card ($649.99 @ B&H)
Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.97 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 60Hz 28.0" Monitor ($499.00 @ B&H)
Total: $2971.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-05 12:50 EDT-0400

That build should be a good $3000 bet, assuming you want to do a mix of games and content creation. The 4k monitor will allow you to edit videos and possibly play games in much higher resolution than your current ones, and you can still use those on either side of the 4k monitor. If you wait until DX12 is fully rolled out, the full advantages of AMD's architecture over nVidia's will allow the Fury X to crush all of nVidia's offerings.
07/05/2015 7:14 am
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer
championbicep
Honestly, I'd recommend for that price, I'd swap out the air cpu cooler for a closed loop water cooler such as a corsair H80 or H110i GT if the case has enough room. It will be much quieter and the cooling will be much better.

As for the SSD, you're going to want atleast 500gb (240gig minimum) even if it is just your OS drive, reason being is as it will also cache access data for your HDD and have the pagefile for your ram, it will take up quite a bit of space without the OS alone so your 120 gig easily turns into 100gig(?) with a constant heavy load (as your HDD will be parsing 90% of its information to the SSD and ram) meaning your SSD performance is going to be as fast as you're expecting or as fast as it should be.

Like you, I was running a 120gig SSD for my main partition but it very quickly becomes clear it's just not enough (even though I was using my storage drive for most of the applications and games) and as the SSD runs low on space, which it will, you'll start running into errors and crashes left right and center for your applications, even for programs installed on the HDD. One way to avoid that would be to make sure as an absolute rule of thumb to always keep atleast 8 gig free (same amount as your ram) on the SSD, which with all the workload of what you'll be doing will just become a juggling act of moving things back and forth from the HDD which is quite an inconvenience.

The other alternative would be to get a WD black drive instead of a standard high capacity HD (the seagate) as they are optimised for increased work loads so you're going to get better performance across the board if that's going to be your main storage file where you store and run most of your other applications and games.

If money isn't an issue for you, it doesn't make sense to half ass those 2 aspects (SSD and HDD) otherwise you'll inevitably find yourself buying a new SSD down the line anyway for performance as a gaming/application drive or as a bigger OS drive, so might aswell do it properly from the start.

So my advice is either get a bigger SSD, or if you're keeping the small one, swap the HDD for a WD Black HDD.

Other than that, the build is decent
07/05/2015 4:05 am
JacobBoucher
I rarely ever play minecraft, also their are no electronic stores near me. The nearest one is a 4 hour drive. I won't make any final decisions until a PC Group member hopefully Senpia Randomness tells me what to do.
07/05/2015 3:44 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Taco
cakecraft99
Nice budget build, if you gonna get a pc to only play mc just get a lower graphics card lol! and its gonna be cheaper too you dont really need a case imo
07/05/2015 4:07 am
JacobBoucher
I have enough money to afford a Black Pearl, something I really want. Money isn't an issue.
07/05/2015 3:32 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
AGearBeast
i dont understand why people buy monitors and OS's online, you can go to a electronic store spend 100 dollars on each. get them instantly and you dont have to pay for shipping, idk just my opinion.

as for the graphics card i would recommend gtx 750 if you are only going to be playing minecraft, no point of buying a 700 dollar card when you only play 1 game. if you have a wide library that are resource demanding like evolve and so on i would get the GTX 980. although the 750 is fully capable of running those games too. your choice.

as for the case unless you are cramp for space i would get a full tower case just because it would help out ventilation. your computer can get really hot if you have powerful graphics card and proper heat ventilation is always good. plus i recommend getting some good fans for the case as stocks arent always the best.
07/05/2015 7:49 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
No. You can get an OS online for $80 and a good quality monitor for $120, and most places you don't need to play for shipping.

Even more no. The 750 is a very weak GPU which won't run most games.

Gosh even more no. Mid-size ATX cases are perfect. They have amazing air flow and are amazing when it comes to size.

cakecraft99Nice budget build, if you gonna get a pc to only play mc just get a lower graphics card lol! and its gonna be cheaper too you dont really need a case imo

Where are you people getting it from that he's just playing Minecraft? You DO need a case for proper airflow and fans.
07/05/2015 1:26 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Someone I know. They have an SSD, it's faulty. It's not good. Of course this is the C drive too. When they were playing minecraft on a singleplayer world it would always crash due to chunk corruption. Thankfully the important stuff (Besides Windows) is on another drive!

Anyways! SSDs are good. I would recommend that if you want fast boot-up. Don't fill it up though. Battlefield 4 isn't good on 2 monitors! Trust me!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome