About the minecraft EULA

Crotaz's Avatar Crotaz6/27/16 7:06 am
6/28/2016 7:53 pm
Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku
... Seriously. I see this on every single discussion talking about servers/server ranks.
They're all about how the minecraft EULA fixes ranks and makes it so ranks only give vanity items or other things that dont affect the gameplay. Well that is not the truth. i know there are a few servers that have changed their ranks to not affect gameplay but most still do. OF COURSE server owners will want money from their servers? Ok the hosting is not free but most of the money they get goes to the owner. Do u think that almost anyone just has a minecraft server so it would be fun for others? No. They want to make money off of it. Its logical. The EULA does not affect anything anymore, it was Mojangs eula but since microsoft bought minecraft and mojang the EULA is no longer valid and server owners can do anything they want with their ranks. Of course i cant say this is 100% true but if the EULA would affect something no servers would have ranks that change anything. Even mineplex and Hypixel (they seem to be the biggest minecraft servers right now) have hidden gameplay advantages like joining full servers.
Thats just the way it goes. If the EULA would be implemented fully there would be almost no Minecraft server -> not as many people would buy minecraft -> microsoft wouldnt get so much money. Microsoft is a huge company they dont want minecraft to die because almost every child has/plays minecraft. I would have thought that microsoft would implement something that gave them a portion of the money server owners make but they haven't done that yet which is a good thing(this is my opinion).
The EULA too was only created because Mojang didnt like that server owners made so much money and they didn't get any of it, even though they owned the game. So, here comes minecraft realms, the stupid server system that no one uses. If u wanted a similar server to minecraft realms you could just buy it from another host and pay way less. Sorry i got a little side tracked there but the conlusion is that the EULA wont be changing anything and propably soon the perk systems will start going back to what they used to be. I dont think that big servers that changed their ranks to vanity only will be changing back anytime soon if at all as players still buy their ranks.
Crotaz
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2016 7:53 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
CrotazBy the way what is your servers ip?

It's a heavily modded server designed for a niche group of people who enjoy a challenge and have a technical mind. If that's you, download atlauncher and search for silvania: ultimatum. IP is pre-entered in the pack.
06/27/2016 4:02 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
Crotaz
Silvania Studios
HeroMaid]
I'm exactly the same. I've ran my server for nearly 6 years now, and it costs about $70/month. I accept donations if people offer them, but I don't give out any form of reward and I've not received a donation in over a year.

That doesn't mean I self fund my server - I have a forum and that has advertising on. That advertising* covers about a third of my server cost, I pay the rest myself.

*I use AdSense and have a channel set for my forum so I see how much that in particular generates. I get a lot more from the rest of my site for mod downloads and so on, which pays the rest of my server and then pays for my car. But that's code and more complex than pressing a few buttons and running a server
I know there are people like you that run servers and dont offer ranks ans that is awesome but most servers do offer ranks. Some cheap to just pay for the hosting and some expensive ones that give money to themselves. By the way what is your servers ip?

This has been argued over and over again. It's simple A remove p2w aspects or find a source of income to find the server.

Edit: Also the only people who say their "affected" by this are servers that weren't getting donations anyways/were made only for the owner to make profit.
06/27/2016 1:28 pm
Crotaz
Silvania Studios
HeroMaid
Crotaz Do u think that almost anyone just has a minecraft server so it would be fun for others? No. They want to make money off of it. Its logical.

its Cute how you want to make a serious post but makes the mistake of adding in text speak.

and to my point I have a minecraft server which I fund myself and at no point have i asked for money to help. I am to make my server as fun as possible because that's what the game is about not draining someone else's bank account

I'm exactly the same. I've ran my server for nearly 6 years now, and it costs about $70/month. I accept donations if people offer them, but I don't give out any form of reward and I've not received a donation in over a year.

That doesn't mean I self fund my server - I have a forum and that has advertising on. That advertising* covers about a third of my server cost, I pay the rest myself.

*I use AdSense and have a channel set for my forum so I see how much that in particular generates. I get a lot more from the rest of my site for mod downloads and so on, which pays the rest of my server and then pays for my car. But that's code and more complex than pressing a few buttons and running a server
I know there are people like you that run servers and dont offer ranks ans that is awesome but most servers do offer ranks. Some cheap to just pay for the hosting and some expensive ones that give money to themselves. By the way what is your servers ip?
06/27/2016 10:50 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
HeroMaid
Crotaz Do u think that almost anyone just has a minecraft server so it would be fun for others? No. They want to make money off of it. Its logical.

its Cute how you want to make a serious post but makes the mistake of adding in text speak.

and to my point I have a minecraft server which I fund myself and at no point have i asked for money to help. I am to make my server as fun as possible because that's what the game is about not draining someone else's bank account

06/27/2016 10:40 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
mikescraft12
i have a server and part of the way around a eula is literally to put ranks in rewards chests for voting. also with contest comes ranks or chest keys. but i give the option to people who want to get a rank that they can have one. im currently on the bases of doing timed ranks. for example each week your rank would change
06/27/2016 10:22 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
HeroMaid

06/27/2016 9:56 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Crotaz
brostermedia
Crotaz Even mineplex and Hypixel (they seem to be the biggest minecraft servers right now) have hidden gameplay advantages like joining full servers.

not really gameplay changing, the eula was only enforced against PAY TO WIN. this feature is completely fine

Well you cant win if you cant play

Pay 2 Win is where you pay to get a advantage over other players. But the EULA is completely fine. All the EULA threads on this website either get locked because of flaming or not being civil.
06/27/2016 9:13 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
Crotaz
brostermedia
Crotaz Even mineplex and Hypixel (they seem to be the biggest minecraft servers right now) have hidden gameplay advantages like joining full servers.

not really gameplay changing, the eula was only enforced against PAY TO WIN. this feature is completely fine

if it's full it's full, join a different game from the hundreds of signs there are, is it that hard to think of such a simple sollution? you can't lose either when you can't join so it's not pay to win
06/27/2016 8:54 am
Crotaz
brostermedia

06/27/2016 8:36 am
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
There are tons of pointless threads like these made by people who don't know what the EULA really is or means
06/27/2016 7:59 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
I'd like to point out that Mojang being bought by Microsoft does not invalidate the EULA that you agree to by playing Minecraft, Mojang is the company which owns/creates the game and as such they are who has the power to change the EULA, Microsoft owning the company can if it were to wish to have a huge influence on the EULA but I don't see it happening as I would imagine Microsoft is intelligent enough to know that Mojang probably knows better than them regarding their game.
06/27/2016 7:46 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
jalen1563
To my knowledge the purpose of the EULA was to keep fair advantages in game after mojang had an issue after a server sold op and some little kid bought it and went around abusing his power. After the rank was taken from him without a refund because of this behaviour. his mother/father complained to mojang and thus was born the EULA. The EULA doesn't outlaw perks like sethome, kits etc, but does outlaw trading real life money directly for in game money (cough ohgaming cough) and operative status's like moderator or admin. There's many servers I've seen that are breaking the EULA (cough cough) and all players still have a pretty level advantage over eachother, but others give like moderator rank to paying people, and that's what the EULA really wants to stop. But don't take my word for it, this is just my interpretation from reading the Eula. Also mineplex still lets you join full servers, what are you talking about?
06/27/2016 7:27 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome