Android OR iPhone

DoctorCow2's Avatar DoctorCow29/22/14 3:27 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 68
10/10/2014 2:30 pm
n8mo's Avatar n8mo
Android or iPhone? Vote and tell me why.
DoctorCow2
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/10/2014 2:30 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
I prefer iPhones, I have an android (Galaxy Ace II) and it's incredibly slow, prone to viruses, and the operating system is clunky at best. Apple phones are harder to hack into, almost never run slowly, and have a very sleek operating system.

Android pros:
Customizable.
Fast (for the most part)

Andriod cons:
Virus prone.
Slow down over time.
Clunky operating system.

Apple pros:
Faster in the long run.
More secure.
Great operating system.

Apple cons:
They are proprietary.
Little to no customization.

I'm not the only one who thinks android is slow either:
Sketti1I owned both types for years, Android is very unstable. Its amazing the first few months, after that it slows down dramatically, text messages don't get sent or received as fast. Their camaras are nice, but even that doesn't even last, oh and the battery life on a android is horrid, they die withing 2-3 hours of constant use, as apple you can use it all day and yet it still has 80% battery. Apple design is better, it's a lot easier to use. Yes your more restricted but thats why apple devices run a lot faster, because you can't download crap into it. Overall I love apple more, I own a Samsung S5, I regret it so much, it's terrible. I owned a Apple iPhone 5s before hand and I miss it already.
10/10/2014 2:21 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut
I vote iPhone and I'll tell you why. Android is Linux and it's way too much to be on a phone for the average person (sometimes a bit TOO MUCH). I love Linux as my inner geek requires it nearly on a daily basis. But before you call me crazy I have a reason for this.

I don't wanna treat my phone like my other computers (I have 12 of them, a majority just runs Linux). I like to take a break and just use something that doesn't require me to mess with it, so for me I vote iPhone. Windows Phone would be even worse so this isn't my hate on Android. There are other things I can say about this but you know, generally for me iPhone.
10/10/2014 1:31 pm
Level 26 : Expert Grump
IceCream_Sundae
Blackberry.

Great security, great phone. (I find everything of the phone is good; it's fast, BBM is great, good software etc.)
09/23/2014 7:17 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
leopard783
ya know there bolth pretty similar I have no preference
09/23/2014 6:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
Creatable
I don't like either of them, that's why i had my phone custom made.
09/23/2014 6:36 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
09/23/2014 7:13 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
I just got it.
09/23/2014 5:06 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer
Sketti1
I owned both types for years, Android is very unstable. Its amazing the first few months, after that it slows down dramatically, text messages don't get sent or received as fast. Their camaras are nice, but even that doesn't even last, oh and the battery life on a android is horrid, they die withing 2-3 hours of constant use, as apple you can use it all day and yet it still has 80% battery. Apple design is better, it's a lot easier to use. Yes your more restricted but thats why apple devices run a lot faster, because you can't download crap into it. Overall I love apple more, I own a Samsung S5, I regret it so much, it's terrible. I owned a Apple iPhone 5s before hand and I miss it already.
09/23/2014 6:31 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
I got the S5 about a week ago, and I love it! Prefer it over the old IPhone 5 my mom was giving me.
09/23/2014 5:00 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Toast
potatotoes
Android because it has much more features than iphone, and the iphone chargers break very quickly.
09/23/2014 10:55 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
World of Atlas
iPhone.
09/23/2014 10:54 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Oh dear, flamewar here!
09/23/2014 10:38 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
I have an android but I am pretty indifferent tbh, with iphone vs android. I like my phone and it has lasted pretty well so far (2 years) with only one minor issue that wasn't a phone issue anyway(sd card got corrupted).
I wish I could say my laptops lasted longer :/
09/22/2014 7:38 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
Why don't you guys just decide the IPhone 4 is better than the IPhone 65+6
09/22/2014 7:44 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
it isn't, it has a smaller screen, way slower processor, etc.
09/22/2014 7:34 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
Hmm iPhone or Android I have too go with MACBOOK DUNDUNDUN!
09/22/2014 7:29 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Kahtahn
Android because, you can customize it easily even without rooting it, roms, less expensive.
09/22/2014 7:35 pm
forgot about you
You can get Roms on an iPhone, and androids aren't always less expensive.
09/22/2014 6:55 pm
David5886
DarkFadeLink
David5886
DarkFadeLink
iPhone software is not 2 years old. I Don't hate Android but To be honest There will never be a right or wrong Answer. I've owned a note 2, I liked it. It was great I loved the features and all but then soon I switched to a iPhone 5 and Absolutely loved it. Not saying The Note was bad or anything, But I just seemed to prefer the 5 and how the Appstore has better apps than Google Play but come on? Will this Argument ever lead anywhere?

Your right, iOS is not two year old software, it just adds the one or two "new" features that was already available to andriod devices like two years ago!

Some overdue updates, but well worth the wait. And iOS has had better security than Android just saying in my opinion (I owned both)

As long as you are smart online, you shouldn't have to worry about if someone has a little bit better security. I also owned both, but I am an andriod person, and always will, unless they make iOS devices cheaper, by a lot, and is able to keep up with Android. Have secure passwords, be smart with your downloads, but I think iOS doesn't allow you to download anything from the browser, which sucks, but as long as you are smart, you really dont have to worry about that little extra bit of security, I trust google, and I know that nothing is going to happen to my information.
09/22/2014 6:52 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Hydraheads
IOS has much better security.

Tell that to Jennifer Lawrence!
Nah, I guess in all it might have better security. I sure hope so considering they plan to keep banking details in future!

Edit: Actually I am not sure you can blame the IOS for that. It might have been more clouds fault.
09/22/2014 6:48 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
DarkFadeLink
David5886
DarkFadeLink
iPhone software is not 2 years old. I Don't hate Android but To be honest There will never be a right or wrong Answer. I've owned a note 2, I liked it. It was great I loved the features and all but then soon I switched to a iPhone 5 and Absolutely loved it. Not saying The Note was bad or anything, But I just seemed to prefer the 5 and how the Appstore has better apps than Google Play but come on? Will this Argument ever lead anywhere?

Your right, iOS is not two year old software, it just adds the one or two "new" features that was already available to andriod devices like two years ago!

Some overdue updates, but well worth the wait. And iOS has had better security than Android just saying in my opinion (I owned both)
09/22/2014 6:45 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Hydraheads
Ok, so first of all I will start by saying this:
Funny are the arguments made on this thread. Yes, apple is greedy. But what the heck, all the phone creators basically are a good deal. Do not talk about the money aspect, I have learned a great lesson. If you pay less, you get less.

Here are a few arguments in favor of ios. You have the right to disagree with me, but here:
1. IOS has much better security.
2. There are a few less apps. So what? They are basically all better then android.
3. IOS is FAR easier to use, don't even say accessibility, that is the opposite.
4. Better keyboard (in the new ios you can even change the keyboard.)
5. Less buttons, less confusion
6. Better app store layout.
7. Cooler exterior I guess

Downsides:
1. Less cool interior design
2. Can not play roms as easily
3. Pretty much anything other people have said, disregarding money and accessibility.

The software updates, if you think the little phone changes are bad then stock with an older iphone your ios still updates.

PMC is full of Android people, do not be swayed by numbers be swayed by arguments. And if you think theirs are better then ok.

Just know that. i have owned both, so I am not too biased.

Oh, and consider the windows phone. Microsoft just bought Minecraft.....

Lastly, easier roms?
You guys are kinda supporting shady dealings.
09/22/2014 6:37 pm
David5886
DarkFadeLink

09/22/2014 6:32 pm
DarkFadeLink
Afootpluto
Find Them Creepers
DarkFadeLink

Please tell me how this Phone is as fast as the iPhone 6? Please tell me if that Nexus 4 has a sapphire screen? Tell me if it has a 64 bit desktop class processor. Tell me if it has the most popular camera in the world. Tell me if People actually waited in lines to buy the Nexus 4. Does the Nexus 4 have andadvanced OS? You post such a sad picture without pointing out all of the features... I do not hate android It's a good OS and yeah...

The Sapphire screen doesn't make a difference. Android phones have always had great screens. As said previously, 64bit processors aren't useful in phones. Nobody cares about this "iSight" or whatever they call it, same picture resolution, nothing else matters. Yes, people waited in lines to buy it, like almost every other new piece of tech, ever. Yes, android is an advanced OS. iOS has barely changed functionally (but then again, most OS' don't change much). I don't hate apple, it's just the fact that apple can create a phone with 2 year old specs and people call it "groundbreaking". Also, as for your first post, as long as a phone can do what it's meant to, calling/texting, it doesn't really matter. I have nothing against apple, I just don't want to pay for 2 year old software. If rather pay the same or more for a more current phone.

09/22/2014 6:30 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Le kids be circle-jerking...for the millionth time this week...

Just get whatever phone suits your needs. Each phone has their ups and downs. There really is no "best" phone since everyone is different. But I got my iPhone 6 Plus and love it.
09/22/2014 6:30 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
SAMSUNG! Yay!
Did you know that Samsung also makes Military weaponry... and tanks
09/22/2014 6:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
PoshTick
I will have to go with android for the most part, but it sucks that Verizon's S4 still cannot have the bootloader unlocked. The moment my contract is up I am getting a new phone and going to T-Mobile.
09/22/2014 6:27 pm
Afootpluto
Find Them Creepers
DarkFadeLink

Please tell me how this Phone is as fast as the iPhone 6? Please tell me if that Nexus 4 has a sapphire screen? Tell me if it has a 64 bit desktop class processor. Tell me if it has the most popular camera in the world. Tell me if People actually waited in lines to buy the Nexus 4. Does the Nexus 4 have andadvanced OS? You post such a sad picture without pointing out all of the features... I do not hate android It's a good OS and yeah...

The Sapphire screen doesn't make a difference. Android phones have always had great screens. As said previously, 64bit processors aren't useful in phones. Nobody cares about this "iSight" or whatever they call it, same picture resolution, nothing else matters. Yes, people waited in lines to buy it, like almost every other new piece of tech, ever. Yes, android is an advanced OS. iOS has barely changed functionally (but then again, most OS' don't change much). I don't hate apple, it's just the fact that apple can create a phone with 2 year old specs and people call it "groundbreaking". Also, as for your first post, as long as a phone can do what it's meant to, calling/texting, it doesn't really matter. I have nothing against apple, I just don't want to pay for 2 year old software. If rather pay the same or more for a more current phone.

09/22/2014 6:24 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
DarkFadeLink

09/22/2014 6:13 pm
forgot about you
Don't you love how people bash Apple when they probably have never owned one...
I've owned an s4 and a 5s. The 5s may have been smaller, but it was hella faster and it had a much better camera, in my experiences. Trust me, I love android and apple, but apple wins me over.

tl;dr: if you've never owned one of the devices you have no right to judge how bad one is in my opinion.
09/22/2014 6:28 pm
DarkFadeLink
Truth.
09/22/2014 6:17 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I've owned both, and I mainly love Android for the immense amounts of customization without having to even root/jailbreak. The think that I love about iPhones, though, is that they're super responsive.

Oh, and Androids got that SD cart slot, which basically means a ton more storage for a lot less $$$.
09/22/2014 6:20 pm
forgot about you
True this, I loved the customization, but hated the size of the s4 T_T
And id love when or if the iPhone 7 has a SD card slot
09/22/2014 8:48 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Yeah, it definitely takes some getting used to, especially when you're going from an LG Octane to an S3. Heck, I remember wanting pants with bigger pockets because that think was ridiculous! But hey, you get used to it lol
09/22/2014 6:12 pm
David5886
One thing that I wish that apple would do, ADD A SD CARD SLOT TO THE IPHONE!!!
09/22/2014 6:14 pm
forgot about you
A lot of people do, but its apples greedy decision and the people won't change it.
09/22/2014 6:12 pm
Afootpluto
DarkFadeLink
Yes it will and It also has a brand new A8 chip which will make it A LOT better.

The main thing the 64 Bit CPU does different from a 32 bit is the 64 Bit supports more then 4 GB of RAM. And phones dont need that much RAM.
09/22/2014 6:07 pm
DarkFadeLink
Afootpluto
DarkFadeLink
Find Them CreepersAndroid. Not as ridiculously expensive (So you don't pay for a stupid apple symbol and shiny case), actually new features, more choices, better OS, the list goes on. Oh yeah, this:

Please tell me how this Phone is as fast as the iPhone 6? Please tell me if that Nexus 4 has a sapphire screen? Tell me if it has a 64 bit desktop class processor. Tell me if it has the most popular camera in the world. Tell me if People actually waited in lines to buy the Nexus 4. Does the Nexus 4 have an advanced OS? You post such a sad picture without pointing out all of the features... I do not hate android It's a good OS and yeah...

That 64-Bit CPU wont help much in performance.

Yes it will and It also has a brand new A8 chip which will make it A LOT better.
09/22/2014 6:05 pm
Afootpluto
DarkFadeLink
Find Them CreepersAndroid. Not as ridiculously expensive (So you don't pay for a stupid apple symbol and shiny case), actually new features, more choices, better OS, the list goes on. Oh yeah, this:

Please tell me how this Phone is as fast as the iPhone 6? Please tell me if that Nexus 4 has a sapphire screen? Tell me if it has a 64 bit desktop class processor. Tell me if it has the most popular camera in the world. Tell me if People actually waited in lines to buy the Nexus 4. Does the Nexus 4 have an advanced OS? You post such a sad picture without pointing out all of the features... I do not hate android It's a good OS and yeah...

That 64-Bit CPU wont help much in performance.
09/22/2014 6:05 pm
David5886
DarkFadeLink

I know people who waited in line for the Nexus 4
Yes, andriod is a pretty advanced OS
09/22/2014 6:02 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
Definitely NOT an iPhone. I hate Apple for multiple reasons:
1. Their products aren't as good as other leading competitors, yet they still charge more money than any other company they compete against.
2. Everything they produce is overpriced.
3. Everytime a new iPhone is announced, so many tweets and other stuff go out about the "hype" for the new iPhone. And every single time, once the new iPhone is released, people start tweeting about how little changes there were. EVERY SINGLE TIME A NEW IPHONE IS RELEASED, THIS CYCLE OCCURS, AND PEOPLE NEVER REALIZE THAT IT'S NEVER GOING TO CHANGE. Apple is basically releasing the same product over and over, just changing the size and maybe 1 or 2 other small features just so they can say it's "new" and make money off it.
09/22/2014 6:19 pm
forgot about you
1. Yes they are, they are in the top 5 best phones, and they are the same price with a contract.
2. Everything everyone produces is overpriced.
3. Its hyped because the iPhone is one of the most popular phone on the market. By the way, the s5 had a line and it wasn't much of a difference between the s4, because me and a friend compared them side to side. And what do you think an upgrade is? Adding a few little features and the size.

Don't hate on apple when other competitors do the same exact thing.
09/22/2014 5:57 pm
David5886
Android, I have it on everything, I tried IOS I liked it, but, I do prefer Android, its a lot better, trust me, I have owned both an IOS and an Andriod device.
09/22/2014 5:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
android personally.
09/22/2014 5:37 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
Definitely iOS
- Much more secure and doesn't require an anti-virus and includes frequent security updates
- Sleeker and nicer design
- The App Store actually checks to make sure apps don't include malware unlike the Google Play Store
- Theres not literally dozens of models that you have to choose from unlike Android, Apple only releases a new model every year (excluding this year with the 6 Plus).
- It's not very expensive if you get a 2 year contract you can get the newest models for only $100.
- Many Android users use customization as a reason to buy an Android phone when you can actually just spend 10 minutes jailbreaking your phone and you have just as much, if not more customization than on Android.
09/22/2014 5:56 pm
David5886
You dont need an Anti-Virus for anything, as long as you are smart.
Not sure about malware in Google play, but I have not gotten any from the play store, want to know where you heard that.
I love having the choice from many different phones with android, I love having more choices.
IPhone is one of the most expensive phones out there, if you dont get a contract, with a contract, it varies, but most people dont look at the price with a contract, its without one.
I can root my android in less than 10-15 min, and I have a lot more to do and customize, a lot more than an Iphone that is jailbreaked.
Plus, there are a lot of things that the IPhone doesnt have that I would like it to do like: Water resistance, when its raining and it pops out of your pocket into a big puddle, Wireless charging, I just love it, and a lot more.
09/22/2014 5:30 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Sindro
I would say iPhone, iOS is very well optimized. You can see by Anand Tech's benchmark tests (http://www.anandtech.com/show/8559/ipho ... ry-results) that the iPhone uses nearly half the hardware specs as most Android phones but still performs up to their standards. And may I quote Jony Ive, the Senior Vice President of Apple:
'The computer industry “is an industry that has become incredibly conservative from a design perspective,” he said. “It is an industry where there is an obsession about product attributes that you can measure empirically. How fast is it? How big is the hard drive? How fast is the CD? That is a very comfortable space to compete in because you can say eight is better than six.”22 But Jony offered a key insight: “It’s also very inhuman and very cold. Because of the industry’s obsession with absolutes, there has been a tendency to ignore product attributes that are difficult to measure or talk about. In that sense, the industry has missed out on the more emotive, less tangible product attributes. But to me, that is why I bought an Apple computer in the first place. That is why I came to work for Apple. It’s because I’ve always sensed that Apple had a desire to do more than the bare minimum. It wasn’t just going to do what was functionally and empirically necessary. In the early stuff, I got a sense that care was taken even on details, hard and soft, that people may never discover.'

May I add, the resale value of 'i' products is great. I recently sold my iPhone 4 for $200. Also, Apple is taking a stand against Governments trying to access all your information, as Tim Cook says in this interview with Charlie Rose [yt]Bmm5faI_mLo[/yt]
09/22/2014 5:11 pm
Level 41 : Master Toast
gltchmstr
Sony Walkman is the way to go.
09/22/2014 5:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Big_Kahuna
Iphone all the way
09/22/2014 4:59 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Where's Windows Phone?