Answering Pokémon Theories!

JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa8/23/16 7:38 pm
1 emeralds 2.3k 52
9/21/2016 9:03 pm
JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa
Hey guys! I've just started doing a few blogs on Pokémon theories, and it seemed to be well-received. So I started this forum so people could suggest what to theorize about. I've thought of some popular or general questions to answer in the poll above, but feel free to get creative with your ideas!

I'm also looking for ideas for a Pokémon manga called "Pokémon: Lost Civilization" From the title, you can tell it's about the ancient civilizations of the Pokémon universe. Let me know in the thread if you're interested or have a rough idea to build off of.
JediJerboa
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/21/2016 9:03 pm
JediJerboa
Hey guys! I was able to take a look at the version exclusives for Pokémon Sun and Moon, and I found some of the new abilities intriguing and worth trying out in battle. Also, some new Z-Moves have been released for Pikachu and Eevee. The Eevee Z-Move has to be my favorite as it gets a boost from all the eeveelutions to raise its stats by two stages. Also, the Ultra Beast from Pokémon Sun is now named Swole-Squito to me. Not UB-02 Absorption, just Swole-Squito.
09/19/2016 8:24 pm
JediJerboa
Hey guys! Which Pokémon do you think should get Alola Forms? Just thought I'd ask a fun question!
09/18/2016 6:36 pm
JediJerboa
I must, again, apologize for my inability to meet my deadline. I had a seizure on Thursday and my access to my computer has been somewhat limited. Everyone is just trying to keep a close watch on me, so don't worry about it too much.
09/13/2016 9:45 pm
JediJerboa
Have you seen the evolutions for Rockruff? They are truly magnificent and I love the concept behind their evolution!
09/13/2016 7:48 pm
JediJerboa
Bump. Please vote on your favorite theory, as it may be featured in my next blog!
09/12/2016 9:46 pm
JediJerboa
Alright guys! The Mega Evolution Theory is up! Hope you enjoy it!
09/12/2016 7:59 pm
JediJerboa
Hey guys! I've decided to remove Pokémon Inconsistencies and replaced it with Team Aether: The Façade of the Ultra Beasts.

Also, still looking for collaborators on Pokémon: Lost Civilization. I'm starting work on Terra Grigsby, a private investigator who specializes in strange or supernatural cases. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Again, I sincerely apologize for being so late. My schedule is a mess, with curveballs and cancellations everywhere. I hope you can forgive me, as I see how much you all enjoy these theories. I would also like to resume answering small questions about the games and anime.
09/11/2016 3:52 pm
JediJerboa
And my computer crashed, and I lost the entire thing. Just perfect. Ugh, I'll just do the Mega Evolution theory today...
09/11/2016 3:48 pm
JediJerboa
I might post part of the ghost theory/story today and finish it later in the week. I honestly like the format, but I want to make sure that my audience enjoys it as much as I do. Also, if I should make a series around Terra Grigsby, let me know, as I enjoy writing about her! If it's possible, can someone draw a picture of her with her Alolan Ninetales and her Zoroark? This would make the thumbnails a bit more true to their subject and you will get recognition for your work. I might even create a character based upon you! Also, the theory on Mega Evolution is coming tomorrow, as it is a really short theory that I can create swiftly.
09/11/2016 11:35 am
JediJerboa
Bump.
09/10/2016 11:15 pm
JediJerboa
Sorry, still a bit sick. The theory on ghosts entered into a sort of case-file/story format, so I hope you don't mind.
09/10/2016 2:18 pm
JediJerboa
I'm am resetting the votes and adding two new theory options, which are "What is Type: Null?" and "Hoopa, the Ringmaster Behind the Mirage Spots".
09/09/2016 5:55 pm
JediJerboa
Hey guys! I've finally found time to post my theories! Hurray! The Ghost Theory will go up later today, and the theory on Mega Evolution will be released tomorrow. I may start writing my theories a day or two prior to release, so I have a better chance at getting them in on time.

Also, here's a fun little question, what's the most creative and/or powerful team you've ever devised? Right now, I'm working on my Cryptozoology team with Pokémon like Lapras, Zoroark, Infernape, and Aerodactyl. I'm still working on the last two spots.
09/09/2016 10:35 pm
JediJerboa
Scratch that. Man, my luck is terrible. I did not finish the theory today because felt quite ill this evening. I have to rest, but I will do my best to have the ghost theory up by tomorrow afternoon.
09/06/2016 6:55 pm
JediJerboa
Sorry about the delays. I'm terrible with deadlines.
09/04/2016 7:03 pm
JediJerboa
Bump.
09/03/2016 7:36 pm
JediJerboa
Bump.
09/02/2016 10:59 pm
JediJerboa
Lol. I just saw Snorlax's Z-Move, Pulverizing Pancake. Just watching the footage made my day.
09/01/2016 5:51 pm
JediJerboa
Bump. Also, did anyone see the Alolan Ratatta? I swear, Truegreen7 called it! Also, it has a fabulous mustache.
08/31/2016 6:13 pm
JediJerboa
I'm currently doing a re-design for Zebstrika armor. This one is based around the Pokemon Zekrom, and after that, I will be designing armor for Rapidash based around Reshiram.
08/30/2016 8:16 pm
JediJerboa
Bump.
08/30/2016 12:14 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Stuff about Ghost in Pokemon!

Spooky, and intresting
08/29/2016 7:41 pm
JediJerboa
Anyone else interested in drawing designs for Pokemon armor?
08/29/2016 8:34 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
What do you mean by this?
08/29/2016 9:37 pm
JediJerboa
Well, it just means that you can share your ideas for different Pokémon to have armor, or design some armor for a Pokémon yourself.
08/30/2016 12:48 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
As someone who likes to draw, I'm down with this.
08/28/2016 6:51 pm
JediJerboa
I'm also answering little questions you might have about the game, like how a dragon is weak to a tiny fairy.
08/28/2016 4:36 pm
JediJerboa
I've reset the votes so I have a fair poll for the next theory. Also, a new theory has been added: N, the Zoroark.
08/29/2016 2:51 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
OH YES
08/28/2016 3:33 pm
JediJerboa
Ok! My theory on Pokéballs is finally up! I apologize again for the delay, as I got a bit busy yesterday.
08/28/2016 9:35 am
JediJerboa
Sorry I couldn't post the theory yesterday. I had some other matters to attend to and some other work as well. Don't worry, I'll do my best to get it out there today.
08/27/2016 9:59 am
JediJerboa
It seems the blog I will be releasing today is how Pokéballs work and tomorrow's blog will be Ghosts in Pokémon. If I'm lucky, I'll finish the other theories and release them through the week, but the chances of that are pretty slim.

Also, I'm still looking for interesting ideas for ancient civilizations in Pokémon, as I only have a few ideas to run on. Right now, I'm working on a Delphox that acts a sort of prophet.
08/26/2016 6:05 pm
JediJerboa
I'm taking suggestions for Pokémon armor, as I'm working armor for Mudsdale, one of the new Pokémon in the Alola region and is one of my personal favorites. If you want to see the other designs I have for Zebstrika and Rapidash, feel free to let me know. Just a warning, they are very rough.
08/25/2016 8:16 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
treehugger10
I have a theory that Klefki is was an unown that some kid thought was a key and thus Klefki was born
08/25/2016 8:27 am
Level 1 : New Miner
_Argonaut
lol wut
08/25/2016 8:02 am
Level 1 : New Miner
_Argonaut
how old is ash exactly

he's been 10 for about 18 years now
08/25/2016 7:41 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
inb4 "Ash is dead, and the whole anime series is just Ash living in purgatory" theories

JediJerboa
If you want a good Pokémon anime, I suggest watching Pokémon Origins, a retelling of the events of the original Pokémon games.

T h i s
08/25/2016 7:33 pm
JediJerboa
Most theorists would answer with a simplified version of the Comatose theory, but I will tell you that the creators of the Pokémon anime are too lazy to come up with new and exciting characters. If you want a good Pokémon anime, I suggest watching Pokémon Origins, a retelling of the events of the original Pokémon games. But if you want me to elaborate on the Comatose theory, I'll be sure to put my spin on it for you.
08/25/2016 3:45 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Explaining the physics of Pokeballs and the biology of Mega Pokemon doesn't sound particularly interesting, no offense. I would suggest going for something that uses evidence from in the game rather than real life.
Also, if you need context for the ancient Pokemon world, look at Pokemon Conquest, as well as the films for Arceus and Hoopa.
08/25/2016 7:42 pm
JediJerboa
Oddly enough, I don't use a lot of biology and stuff and rather look at the real game as well. With Pokéballs, the mechanic is never truly explained, but I formulated an educated theory on how it has to do with their DNA. As for the Mega Evolution, it sounds vaguely like Undertale, but not that much. Still based on what the game told me though.

Also, thanks for the suggestion on research. I've done a lot of looking into Pokémon Conquest, but I won't be looking at the anime. The anime tends to get their facts wrong when translating stuff from the game, so I don't see it as a reliable source. But I've still got a lot of good research on the legendaries and the Pokémon universe, so story creation is running along smoothly. I've even drawn up some designs for Pokémon armor.
08/24/2016 8:31 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
I want to see these theories first, which are:
How mega evolutions work.
How Pokeballs catch Pokemon.
08/24/2016 7:02 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
Ethereia
By the way, your avatar is so cute, JediJerboa!
08/24/2016 7:45 pm
JediJerboa
Lol thanks. I literally just stumbled across it on Google.
08/24/2016 5:28 pm
JediJerboa
Bump.
08/23/2016 9:06 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Chron
What was Nintendo/Game Freak thinking when they came up with Mega Rayquaza?

They probably wanted to see Smogon just go absolutely crazy.
08/23/2016 8:29 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Why does competitive battling suck the fun and soul out of the game? And why is it so addicting?

Why do people use Ambipom in RU?

What was Nintendo/Game Freak thinking when they came up with Mega Rayquaza?
08/23/2016 10:00 pm
JediJerboa
Even though these questions are highly opinionated, I will try and formulate an answer for you.

1. Competitive battling is not an essential part of the game, so I do not think it is sucking the life out of Pokémon. Most people dislike the new balance system that set all Pokémon's level to Level 50, however, I myself adore this system. It takes my somewhat decent battling skills to win and not just brute strength. As for why it's so addicting, I'd blame that on well-designed game mechanics and rush of winning a battle.

2. Ambipom is in the RU tier as it doesn't have many redeeming qualities, making it just sort of a "meh" Pokémon. The only abilities it has are Pickup, which allows it to randomly pick up an item while the Trainer is walking around, and Technician, that only increases the strength of moves with a base power of 50 or lower. Its stats are alright, but nothing to write home about. But at least Ambipom has a gimmick going for it.

3. As for Mega Rayquaza, he was made insanely powerful for use in the story. I mean how else are you going to deal with two destructive primal beasts? I know Smogon lost it when this Mega came on the scene, but this legendary's amazing power is allowable seeing that he is the arbiter between Groudon and Kyogre. Plus, he has a sweet Mega design on top of that, setting the standards for what a Mega should look like compared to other Megas. I'm looking at you, Mega Slowbro.

Well, I kept it short and simple, but I hope I gave you satisfactory answer to all of your questions.
08/23/2016 8:13 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
Ethereia
Really?
08/23/2016 8:08 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
Most of these have been officially answered.
08/23/2016 8:14 pm
JediJerboa
In a sense, yes, some of them have been answered, but not thoroughly explained. I intend to provide more in-depth theories to I may better understand the concepts. Such an example would be the ultimate weapon from Pokémon X and Y. We know what it does, who created it, and what destruction it caused. What we haven't answered is how it feeds off the energies of Yvetal and Xerneas, what it is built from, and if Zygarde had anything to do with stopping it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome