Anybody have an itch for writing articles?

Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox10/19/14 8:25 pm
1 emeralds 499 7
10/31/2014 10:10 pm
Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox
Hello, guys! I realize I haven't posted in quite a while, but that's because I'm in quite a phase of my life at the moment, and am starting to steadily get out of a depression I was having.

I'll just go straight to the point; I have a website called the Miuna Channel (美海ちゃんネル in Japanese, and unofficially the Miuna-chan) that has no domain; it's hosted right here on my computer and has no stable uptime, but is up for many hours a day due to my heavy usage of my computer. You can access it by connecting to my external IP (like a Minecraft server) through your browser. I won't give the IP yet for security reasons.

It's partially bilingual; mostly in English, but with Japanese as a tiny secondary language. The site is named after Miuna of Nagi no Asukara (凪のあすから), hence the various graphics around the site such as a picture of her in the homepage. I don't really intend for it to be really Japanese in any way, but Japanese speakers unfamiliar with English can at least navigate the file directories without walnut effort.

Anyways, it is largely empty but is healthily designed and ready for content to jump into the folders. Helpful notes are assigned for many of the directories, but the network itself is quite small. I haven't made really deep subcategories yet since we have no need for it. I've been planning to write articles for it, and I always had plenty of times, but I haven't got around to doing it yet. So the reason why I'm typing this massive post is to perhaps get some of you guys to write some articles first.

In the Articles section of the site, there are two categories; regulated and unregulated. Unregulated articles are generally only renamed appropriately, and then they get shoved straight into Unregulated section right after they are submitted and seen, much like the topics in these forums such as this one. Unregulated articles that are nicely laid out and designed, have pretty high-quality content and are uncontroversial typically are proofread a bit by me personally (I won't change any content, I'll just fix spelling errors and do a bit of discussion with the author) and then put in the Regulated section, a testament to the awesomeness of it.

If you write an article for me and then send it in, I'll GUARANTEE that you get full credit for it. I'll probably emphasize your name or something. Understanding and recognizing the author is crucial for understanding the opinion and ideas behind the article, and what to expect from the start. And furthermore, considering this site is not popular and network-wise stable, you'll get to keep the article and simply post it up here in PMC, for example. If you want, I can post it on my account for you (again, I'll give credit), or I can just post all the articles I receive here with credits, so that there's one account everyone can go to to find articles, and then they can click links to go to your own account and subscribe. So it's a win-win; no matter what happens to the Miuna Channel, your article will still be put to good use for your own XP and reputation. And skillz.

So what do you guys think? Articles are submitted in HTML form (I have a link to a HTML editor in the Articles section so that you don't have to do stuff manually) and then processed from there. Just send it in to my e-mail and when I see it, I'll go straight ahead and put it in the Unregulated section.

*EDIT* I'll post pictures of the site in an hour or so, after I take a shower.
Snowyfox
Level 26 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/31/2014 10:10 pm
Snowyfox
If you guys are wondering why I'm "AFK", it's because I'm coding a new game called Tamago. Once I get done with it, I'll definitely publish it, and I'll probably end up making a page for it. I still remember this thread and my site, don't worry. I'll report when there's any changes.
10/22/2014 8:12 pm
Snowyfox
Don't worry, guys, OP will deliver. Just slightly busy atm but I will get around to making an article or two.

And yes, concentrating on one topic is nice, but as a strong Internet Explorer myself, I personally have very strong distaste towards sites that are completely engrossed in one particular topic...maybe because I never really belong in one single group xD. But pretty much all of the sites I frequent showcase people from all backgrounds with varying interests, and part of the charm of many popular websites today is the fact that they are very general, and the only similarities all of parts have are few in number.

If you guys really want something to base the article on, just consider that you are writing something that won't break the Planet Minecraft rules (and is appropriate for a Planet Minecraft audience). If that is not enough, try theming things around the concepts of snow and sand (i.e. tundra and desert). But otherwise I'll still maintain my ground that the site should be general; I understand why topic-specific sites will fare better, but I won't settle for that. :p

My first article on the site will probably an explanation of one of my latest full-grown programs, a very basic visual novel engine/numbered image viewer called Hikarigetsu (光月), and some download links with manuals and the such. It'll kinda get a nice little basic Java program out to the public, and it'll also essentially throw out all the possible fancy and features an article or webpage on the site will have.
10/20/2014 4:07 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
I might be interested in writing articles even though I am already maintaining one myself. Figured I'd drop by to just say a couple of thoughts to avoid one of the downfalls that comes with journalistic webpages. While it may be great to write articles in general, you should focus on on subject at a time, say anime or possibly Japanese culture which I personally find scarce in the US (unless I'm just in a bad area for it, only manga shop I know of where I am close to me is still a mile away but they have like one shelf dedicated to the stuff, the closest, decent one being some five miles away.)

Before you should accept other people's articles, it would help greatly if you wrote a few yourself so that people know what your site is about and giving a sort of portfolio to let people who visit your site, that enjoy what they read, want to be a part of that creativity you have.

Anyway, suggestions aside, if you want me to write a piece or two for your site, I wouldn't mind talking about it. Just drop me a PM here on the site sometime, though I am limited in some knowledge as well as not bilingual.
10/19/2014 10:45 pm
Snowyfox
Also, guys, I AM aware that in my history on this site, there has been a lot of ambitious projects that I tried to start, but ended up failing. This, I promise, won't be one of them. Why? Because, well, no matter what you do, your article would end up getting used to some form (even if walnuts happen and your article is not published on the site, you can post it right here on PMC, so you'll definitely attain SOMETHING).

And I don't even mind too much if nothing is yielded and no articles are sent in; the site will still exist without any problems. This isn't an ambitious project that needs to be done; it's just a little community work to bring together some great items of beginner journalism and the such. Nothing bad will happen if this project ends up becoming nothing. And awesome stuff happens if the project does indeed succeed.
10/19/2014 10:42 pm
Snowyfox

All articles are in English (well, if you're proficient enough to pull it off in another language, go ahead, but...). And right now I don't have a particular criteria for types of articles; obviously articles promoting downright hate, or just a lot of swearing, would generally not be accepted, but otherwise pretty much any article is accepted.

Sure, if you can get the entire article into HTML format, just mail it to me at kingattk@gmail.com. But please don't do that right now at the moment; I still have some stuff to get organized with.
10/19/2014 9:52 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
I am a little confused what kind of website this is. What kind of articles are you looking for also?

I have some experience with japanese if that helps, wouldn't call myself bilingual though.
10/19/2014 9:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SisterOfTheCreeper
sounds fun! can i post an item?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome