Apple VS Android

Dragonition's Avatar Dragonition5/5/15 1:18 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 26
5/6/2015 9:59 am
anonpmc1231920's Avatar anonpmc1231920
Okay, today, I decided to post a Topic about Apple VS Android.

I, personally, prefer Android. I think it is friendlier and easier to get the grips with. I also like the adverts for Android

What do you prefer? Give me your reasons why!
Dragonition
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/06/2015 9:59 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
05/06/2015 8:03 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
A calculator is a computer. It's all the same stuff, just used for different purposes.

MP3 players existed before the iPod, for instance the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archos_Juk ... 0_and_6000 There were several before this, as well. iPod is just a tweak of an existing concept.

You're also clearly insane if you think that the Apple II was the first "practical" computer. "Practical" meant something completely different back then, too. Systems were being used in all sorts of places before Apple had their grips on the market.

Glad to see Android getting the respect it deserves, though.
05/05/2015 11:40 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
I'm a fan of jailbroken iOS myself. Generally only use the jailbreak for a few super useful things, such as being able to send iMessages from my browser on my Windows machine.

I pretty much agree with what Woody said, there's really not much of any difference for the average consumer, at all. I don't really have a preference between the two, but due to me owning an iTouch for a long time before actually having a phone, I'm neck deep in the Apple ecosystem.
05/05/2015 10:08 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Not again, not this, not now! It's too late, isn't it? I'm going to keep looking back 40 pages later as people keep arguing senselessly and trying to force their opinions upon each other.

EDIT: Anyway, I prefer Android. Also, I saw someone earlier say Hearthstone, and yes, Hearthstone best game 2000 second decade.
05/05/2015 9:57 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Procrastinator
Rakqoi
First of all, let me remind all of you posting things such as "A flame war is coming" or popcorn that these types of replies are NOT allowed. They do not add to the discussion, they are not creative or funny, and worst of all, they are the best way to incite a flame war. Please do not continue making those types of replies on potentially controversial topics.

Secondly, please try your hardest to keep the discussion civil and reasonable. Respect other people's opinions, and do not aim insults or degrading statements at ANY other users for any reason no matter how misinformed they may be.

I'm not closing the thread yet or handing out bans unless it degrades further, so consider this your one and only warning. Keep it civil.

Carry on as normal.
05/05/2015 7:57 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Geek
GamerGeeked
05/05/2015 6:12 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
A phone is a phone. No one is going to be running graphically intense games on them. There are no exclusive content features that make an OS a clear winner.

Both OSs are modern. Both of them are user-friendly. Both of them are customizable.
It's not like the hardware matters in them. There isn't an infinitely large number of exclusives on one platform that make them as different as Windows and OS X.

The best phone Operating System is the one that best-suits the needs of a particular user.
05/05/2015 6:19 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
Woody, your first part is wrong.

Hearthstone.

I agree with everything else
05/05/2015 6:12 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
I prefer Android, I can customize it a lot, and there is a lot more functionality.
Android is more easier to play around with, mess with settings, and do more.

iOS is very basic, looks nice and is mostly for the average consumer. an Advanced user probably wouldnt want iOS if they plan to dink around with it and do crazy advanced stuff.

I wouldn't mind having an iOS device, but I would go to Android first,

plus change the title to iOS vs Android.
05/05/2015 6:09 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
I just prefer Android for many reasons.
05/05/2015 4:41 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Did Android ever have this guy on their side?
l
V

No. Did they make the first practical computer?

No. Did Android make the first MP3 player?

No. So Apple is better, since they introduced new technologies that Android is ripping off.
05/05/2015 7:59 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Computers have little to nothing to do with phones, two completely different kinds of technology.
05/06/2015 3:02 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
PHONES ARE COMPUTERS.
If it has an input/output system with storage and process, it is a computer. A raspberry pi is a computer, right? It's just a phone motherboard with better I/O!
05/05/2015 10:06 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
05/05/2015 11:27 pm
forgot about you
^ Not really
compare a phone to a touch screen laptop for say: CPU, GPU, RAM,built in screen, storage, attachable keyboard, built in os, headphone/microphone port, charging port, battery...
mmm...
05/05/2015 4:53 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Apple didn't make the first practical computer either... (http://www.computerhistory.org/revoluti ... ers/17/297)
We got this:

Here's an MP3 player that came before the iPod: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/10 ... p3_player/

Apple have ripped people's ideas off for a while now. Sure, they've done cool stuff but now, nothing they make is new, unfortunately...

Please at least do SOME research before making a post, because someone will just do it for you
05/05/2015 4:51 pm
forgot about you
1. Android has had people as good as him.

2. Android is an OS, therefore they have never made a computer.

3. Android has never made an MP3 Player, and again, android is an OS

before you join this thread fanboying it up, educate yourself.
05/05/2015 4:17 pm
forgot about you
There hasnt been 3000+ of these threads?

iOS.

I can think of tons of reasons why, but why bother, we are on a gaming site. Obviously 80% of people here will vote for Android.

Also, please change it to iOS vs. Android. Apple is a brand. Android is an OS.

To the guy above: does the carbon copy of a skinny iPhone 4S (Galaxy S6) have an SD card? No. Do not generalize when it is not true.
05/05/2015 4:33 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
I honestly don't see how the S6 copied the 4S, but Apple have coped stuff from others. Like, none of their 'new and innovative' features and products are new or innovative.
05/05/2015 4:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
"Good Artists copy, Great ones steal."-Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso AKA Picasso.

Now, that being said, i use both Android and iOS. (I have an iPad, and use a Galaxy S6 (Yes, I got one. i love it.).) aand use them frequently, so for me it's:

05/05/2015 4:39 pm
forgot about you
We are comparing phones here, mate. The iPhone (not iOS) has had its own original ideas since the 4S. Also it may seem like they copy Android, and the other way around. Almost everyone knows they will do anything to get money even if it DOES have to do with stealing ideas.

EDIT
S6: Glass back and front, circularish home button, squarer shape, aluminum sides, no SD card slot, no removable back cover
i4S: Glass back and front, circlular home button, square shape, aluminum sides, no SD card slot, no removable back cover

Thats the perfect example. They took an old design from apple and turned into something with minimal changes (screen, camera, etc.)
And yes I am aware apple copies too.
05/05/2015 4:29 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
In all honesty, most android devices allow SD cards, very few, like maybe 5 total don't allow it.

I prefer a clean version of android, as it's fast, smooth, and looks good. Plus you get a slew of customization options, which iOS lacks. If you compare Samsung to IPhones, then it's obviously IPhone, but IPhone vs LG G3, the G3 is miles ahead.

But then you get into opinions, about which OS is better for you. Which opinions are like butt-holes, everyone has one.
05/05/2015 4:36 pm
forgot about you
People say that iOS is locked up because it doesnt have options that literally nobody will never use on an Android device. It is like that because it is stock customized on peoples feedback who own iPhones.

Even if you wanted those options, you could jailbreak and turn your iPhone into pretty much an android.

Also who wouldnt prefer stock Android? Compare stock TouchWiz to it. 10x faster and TouchWiz eliminates 1 or 2 options.

I agree. LG G3 is fantastic.
05/05/2015 2:06 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Mayor_Mike
I prefer Android, but I'm not saying iOS is bad at all. It depends on who you are.

A simple rundown I always use is: Do you want a device that works, no screwing around really needed? iOS. Do you like or even want to mess around with more advanced things, and potentially "fix" things? Android.

All in perspective. Others may see it differently.
05/05/2015 1:39 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
CascadianX
As an Android Developer, I personally love Android Phones. I owned an iPhone all the way until the iPhone 4S and started realizing that the ability to customize and be different from other iPhones was virtually impossible. I bought my first Android Phone and started developing apps. I've published two apps and a working on a second one. Developers fee's are a lot less using Android.

As a user, I love the ability to download apps that are not on the Google Play Store. I love the ability to choose themes and modify my device to be my own.
05/05/2015 1:32 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
OreoVal
I like both, I wish someone would combine them, honestly.
Apple has a cleaner design, and I feel like there are a lot of Apple-exclusive apps, but the same could be said for Android, since you can't download some apps that you can on Android on Apple. I feel like it's maybe a little easier to customize Android, too. I also like that iTunes and Apple are connected so my music is right there, unlike it wold be with Android (do they make an iTunes app for Android, or is it just whatever the Android music app is?)
I've had both Android and Apple devices, and can't pick a favorite, but I probably would have gotten my latest device from Android (solely because I'd never had experience with Apple), if they'd had a pocket-size tablet (not phone, mind you) to compete with the iPod touch.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome