Are you a talented writer/author? RPG Storyline needed!

jwinthepro's Avatar jwinthepro2/11/16 11:21 pm
1 emeralds 234 3
2/14/2016 8:44 pm
jwinthepro's Avatar jwinthepro
Prologue

As Emprise continually grows and rapidly expands its progress on its first major adventure/RPG map the need for those with talent in writing is progressively becoming essential as it is the core of the experience at Emprise to provide a captivating experience with consistent plot twists and realistic, yet fantastical escapes from this world to a distant time in the past to provide our players a unique experience that exceeds the standards set by our competitors. Consider Emprise a concoction of professional hospitality and intriguing entertainment. For those of you on PMC, feel free to apply in the comments below, or send me a private message and we can contact through Skype.

Job Overview

Just as the everyday author develops written material in cohesive format, we expect the author at Emprise to organize a complex and invigorating excerpt that constantly changes dialogue. Collaboration with authors is highly encouraged, as it helps conceive a more collective understanding of the story at hand. We also ask that you have an energetic, but still transformative narrative. Although this may sound confusing, we simply ask that the dialogue occasionally diverts to other settings and environments, similar to how a movie switches scenes commonly. This story doesn’t need to be brimming with an abundance of in-depth characters, but it needs to include plenty of imagery and setting descriptions.
Emprise's RPG server will be launching soon, and we need a storyline to enhance the quality of the quests and gameplay. The genre is simple: a combination of fantasy and historical fiction. Our main request is that you write the story as if it were during a medieval/feudalistic time period. Our map has a plethora of castles, dungeons, medieval towns, and other elements that increase the players’ understanding of the surroundings. Although the story needs to primarily be realistic, there can be fantasy elements incorporated. These include objects like potions, zombies, orcs, enchanted weaponry, etc. We are giving you a lot of freedom in the creation of your story so long as the story is comprehensive enough for us to implement. Nevertheless, we will try our best to direct you towards our expectations.
Don't worry, if you are accepted as an author for Emprise, you will learn more information about the story we are hoping for.

Requirements/Expectations

We ask that all of our authors devote at least one hour a week to writing for us. A decent understanding of Minecraft is rather important, as the storyline will be somewhat dependent on it. It is also appreciated that you be available via Skype so we can keep you updated with projects and other important announcements. The story needs to be at least 2000 words. That may sound like a short story, and it’d be true. The story doesn’t need to be extremely complex with character development, rhetorical devices, etc. As we only need a backdrop to operate on. Perhaps you can think of it like the summary on the back page of a book -just more lengthy; though longer stories are appreciated (and preferred).

Application Format

We’d ask you create your application similar to the example shown below:

Name:
IGN (Minecraft username, if you have one):
Skype Username:
Why should we hire you? (20+ Words):
An Example Micro-Story by You (50+ words):
jwinthepro
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect