Aren't there too many servers?

Discuss the game, stories, screenshots, videos, ideas, creations, top score!?

Post Permalink
by ReaCraft » 12/2/2012

I am mature, I don't expect to make dough (cash), but I host it from my CPU sorta cause I am cheep, don't want to BEG people for money, and don't trust my server in someone's hands
Planet Minecraft's only 10 year old Libertarian!
Level 18
Journeyman Nerd
Says: "You can never have too many (enter singular item)s unless it overflows you chests."
Minecraft: MrMinecraft2032
mc_server: ReaCraft

Post Permalink
by Ollieavfc » 12/2/2012

I agree but I own a server and I need to encourage donations to keep the server running
Level 7
Apprentice Explorer

Post Permalink
by Piranha713 » 12/2/2012

I run a feed the beast server as well, we need to encourage donations to keep it running and to keep the lag away because I pay for my server to be run, but I also encourage people to build on my server and to get friends to play with them on it.
Piranha :-)
Level 19
Journeyman Pony

Post Permalink
by 1Stingray1 » 12/2/2012

I Agree. I Run a 24/7 Server and it costs alot. I Run donations but no way expect anyone too. I have a small area you can look at but nearly everything is free. I have several worlds and i put hours of time into mine. Unfortunately people believe that because i don't 'sell ranks or staff' that its not for them and leave.

I also run my server player based so that i choose nearly nothing - the players vote for it.

As for making money - i understand i will make a huge loss but i don't care. its running a server for people to enjoy for free. If you buy minecraft - why pay on servers too?

And Factions - thats due to too many people raiding. I have a free build world too so...

It just requires someone who knows what the players want. All these owners saying they 'need donations' are trying to make money.
Level 19
Journeyman Zombie

Post Permalink
by techiechris61 » 12/2/2012

that's why I only play on whitelisted vanilla servers :D
Level 35
Artisan Modder

Post Permalink
by Chimpoid » 12/2/2012

I'm 15 and run a mature player server (No age specifications but any immaturity means removal from the server) which is a survival server kept close to vanilla, and although we try not to be annoying about it, donations are necessary in order for the server to continue running. I dont have the financial resources to be able to pay for it out of my own pocket as I had in the first months,

Editor of http://www.TheServerReview.com " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Level 5
Apprentice Crafter
Says: AWAY UNTIL 9TH AUG
Minecraft: Chimpoid
mc_server: Aeolus PVP

Post Permalink
by Koveryl » 12/2/2012

I'm actually PLANNING on making a server. Now, I'm no 20 year older, but, I know how you feel. I wrote about this kind of thing in one of my blog posts. Anyways, but yeah. It really does suck that Minecraft is now MoneyCraft, if you go on multiplayer, anyways.
Squirrels
Level 22
Expert Toast

Post Permalink
by NewSuperMario » 12/2/2012

Hmm.... I'm also 12 years old (almost, I'm 11, 11 months and 15 days old).

I actually (almost) now how to run a server. But I don't need any money and if I will make a server it won't be 24/7.

However, I'm playing on a Swedish server and there's almost no announcements there :) (But the bad thing is that there's one announcement comming up when you log in, but it won't come up announcements the whole time)

Also, on that server it's a lot of greifing as you said :cry: BUT, lucky you can protect
your house from greifers now :) (The server is owned by a 14 years old person)

On the server, you can choose if you want pvp or not. Another bad thing, is that the houses in spawn are very tiny, and it cost much money(minecraft money, not real) to buy a tiny house(like 1,000,000 and when you join the game you start with only 1,000)
:(

On the server it was factions before, but the owner removed it. (Probably because of lag and other)

Also, I know a other server. I think that that server is bad because it comes announcements the WHOLE time :(

If you count all these bad smiles and the good ones you'll see that the most servers is bad now, as you said :(

I forgot to write, I agree...
Level 18
Journeyman Dragonborn

Post Permalink
by mysticmetal » 12/2/2012

I agree with you that there are too many faction servers... I tried to make a RPG server once but the owner changed it to a faction server because he thought that it was too much work to build all the quests and stuff... He said that he wanted to get more people on the server but he didnt believe me when I said that there are millions of faction servers... I told him that you need beautiful buildings and a special thing(like quests/RPG) in your server to get people online... He said that he was owner for a long time and that he knows how to get people online. Conclusion: there are 10 players that play on the server including admin/moderators/owner/co-owner.
While when we were building the RPG server there were like 20 players online(at the same time) and the server wasn`t even finished.

So if anyone wants to build a RPG server with or without quests, I`ll be your guy to help you build it.
Level 14
Journeyman Archer

Post Permalink
by Wilson_00 » 12/2/2012

I am 12 next month but the only reason I would want to start a server is for the bukkit plugins, no donating, a simple grief proof plugin and to play with friends
Level 28
Expert Miner
Says: Hi I am Wilson and I have an addiction for minecraft and computers. :D
Minecraft: Wilson_00
mc_server: mc.mxt3.com

Post Permalink
by Chimpoid » 12/2/2012

Things to warn you of immature servers:

1. Poor spelling
2. Poor grammar
3. Overuse of emoticons:

join this servur its really good :!: :!: :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :x :shock: :| :mrgreen: :geek: 8-) :shock: :shock: :geek: :!: :!:

Editor of http://www.TheServerReview.com " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Level 5
Apprentice Crafter
Says: AWAY UNTIL 9TH AUG
Minecraft: Chimpoid
mc_server: Aeolus PVP

Post Permalink
by Gorillaz_101 » 12/2/2012

Servers need donations to keep running but many people overuse that fact. In my opinion I like PvP servers but they are going downhill with so many noobs. If you want to have an awesome server you should make an unique plugin or idea not like factions.
Join the Minecraft Got Talent by clicking the signature!
Level 1
New Miner
Says: Don't mess with the afro

Next

Return to Discussion