Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

ZaphodX's Avatar ZaphodX11/14/12 7:48 am history
1 emeralds 80.3k 1.4k
8/6/2017 8:44 pm
GrrTheCreeperGod's Avatar GrrTheCreeperGod
Before asking a forum question, first check out the faq here!

This is a thread where you can ask a quick question and get a quick answer from a more experienced user. Questions can be about PMC or Minecraft in general.

This thread is for small, quick questions - for bigger problems or questions, make a new thread on one of the help forums.

[size=150%]FAQ[/size]
Click to reveal
Q. Is Minecraft down?
A. http://help.mojang.com/

(Will add in the most commonly asked questions here)

ZaphodX
Retired Moderator
Level 40 : Master Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/06/2017 8:44 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
GrrTheCreeperGod
Hey, I want a good survival seed for Minecraft 1.12 on PC. any ideas?
08/06/2017 2:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
DiamondSlayer25
How do you make custom villager trades using commands in Pocket Edition in 1.1.4?
07/14/2017 5:04 pm
Fox_that_rox
OK I have a question, So everyone uses mediafire to share files right? So ive been wondering if it really is safe here is why

So I saw the comments on the mediafire commercial/ad/trailer and the comments said things like: "Its a virus!" "VIRUS!" you know stuff like that but then the other half LOVES it but my question is truly safe!? I hover my cursor over the downloading nervous never clicking PLEASE HELP!
07/14/2017 6:00 pm
Mogwah
Maybe you can just politely ask for an upload elsewhere, Fox~ They'll usually comply if you're super paranoid about it, and I usually am, though I usually trust the item when you see decent feedback; the virus criers are just running off of heresay usually.

Youcan'treallyblamethemthoughbutyeah
07/09/2017 3:54 pm
ReformiumMC
My ingame Tablist broke. It says {PREFIX}<name>{SUFFIX}. Please help me.
07/08/2017 8:56 am
LiztherWiz
I'm trying to make some banners for my server - all are sorted except the letter R.

I think the neatest banners all have a white border round them but for some reason I cannot use the 7th step for this letter. (or any other letter if I make a mistake and need a 7th step) neither will my minecraft accept the give command available from planet minecraft. Is there a mod which allows you to use more patterns on a banner?
Someone must be able to do it because the steps are available on this site.
07/06/2017 8:16 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
How come the rules say pixel art isn't allowed as a project, but there is a pixel art section?
07/14/2017 6:07 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
You're always welcome to PM a site mod for questions like that; you're much more likely to get an answer.

Anyway, from what I heard, the reason is that way back in the day, pixel art WAS allowed on the site, so there was a category for it. The only reason the category remains is because if it was removed, it would cause some big issues on the site.
07/14/2017 6:15 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Pretty sure it would break submissions currently categorized as pixel art if the category were to be removed. As far as I know the only solution to this would be for us to manually go to each submission in the category and move it, which wont happen as there is nearly 10,000 submissions in the category and that is a bucket of insanity.
07/06/2017 5:19 pm
Zapstone
I am looking for a server compatible mod that adds aircraft (not airships) to 1.11.2, any ideas? (Before its said, flansmod minus wont work on my server)
07/07/2017 12:25 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
you would have to wait untill mods are updated, or go back to a version that has them
07/05/2017 5:45 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
What's the best type of server?
07/05/2017 9:46 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cake
Anthousa
Depense on what you like. I rather play just normal survival.
07/04/2017 5:14 pmhistory
meduza11
Stupid question, but how do I put one than one command in one command block? And also any advice on tweaks to make MC run faster? Thanks

p.s. if anyone is looking for any kind of registered or expired .com domains with keywords you can try the website above.
07/04/2017 5:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
CoreNetwork
https://www.digminecraft.com/command_bl ... mmands.php

That has a section called, "Adding A Second Command", hope this helps
06/23/2017 3:19 am
moomintroll1
06/22/2017 6:49 pm
moomintroll1
Hello
I'm a mother of a young minecraft user (age 11). This evening he reported that he was invited to earn 100k (in game), and he had to sign something (in the game). He was then asked to TP to this persons island and told he had to give up all his island and stuff and things called Alts. He got freaked and said no. The guy began threatening him with banning. My son logged off and came and got me. We logged back into the same area and this guy did it to 4 others. My question is - why? What's going on? I have advised my son not to use this site loot.network until I can be sure what is happening.

Can anyone clue me in - even a little bit?
Thanks

M
06/22/2017 8:52 pm
Level 45 : Master Procrastinator
mincerafter42
First of all, I'm guessing this isn't the default server software, since in normal Minecraft, there isn't currency or an island ownership system. Second, Alts are Alternate accounts, which are additional accounts people buy for themselves to do things such as getting stuff done faster on servers, or recording themselves from a third-person view, or demonstrating something with more than one player, etc.
Third, I don't think anyone doing this would have the power to ban anyone on these custom servers, and if they do, there should probably be some way to report things like this to the owner. Did I help?
06/19/2017 8:55 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
TheDawnTheDusk
How do I upload a map to minecraft if it's in my applications folder?
06/19/2017 9:13 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wolf Whisperer
Myyoyo
Move the map to C:\Users\YOUR PC USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves
And then extract it.
06/11/2017 12:22 pm
eplehast
HI! i have just downloaded Mega Redstone House By Euclodies. but i dont know how to get it in to minecraft? Someone Who knows? please help!
06/22/2017 8:55 pm
mincerafter42
Extract it to your Minecraft saves directory. You can get to your saves directory by clicking "Launch options" in the launcher, then clicking the profile you want to use, then clicking the arrow to the right of "Game directory".
06/11/2017 12:04 pm
Dewi1234MC
How do you post a map on Planet MC
06/11/2017 8:09 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
You compress the map into a .zip file, then upload it to mediafire or dropbox, or a similar site. Now you go to your acount, click on projects, and then click upload new project. From there you paste the download link from the website where you uploaded your map, and edit and edit anything else you want.
06/09/2017 7:45 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
sippiboy
I replied to one of your threads asking this but in case you see this one first, I play on an SMP and if you would like to join you can, just pm me
06/09/2017 7:11 pm
Stealth_Meister
Are there any 1.12 servers out there? I am looking for one so I can do advancements without being tempted to use cheats to do it. I am not talking about servers that simply support it. I mean 1.12 servers that enable the features of 1.12 such as advancements and evokers and etc.
06/01/2017 4:58 pm
Zabe
thanks!
06/01/2017 4:54 pm
Zabe
I need help with functions, I moved mine up from pre 1 to pre 7 and changed the extension, but they still are not working
06/01/2017 4:56 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
"/" before commands is not allowed anymore, neither is "//" for comments.
04/24/2017 9:33 am
xXThaUnrealIanXx
Anyone help me with redstone that doesnt work? add me on discord ThaUnrealIan#3994
04/24/2017 8:16 am
LuukGML
I have a question. What schematic program does CreepersEdge use with his cannons? Thanks
04/17/2017 8:19 pm
5OO
I'm looking for a survival server that:

-Is semi vanilla
-Does not kick you for being afk
-Does not give rewards for voting

This is my ideal server, I've tried for a long time to find a server like this but to no success. If you know of a server like this please tell me, I'm on the verge of giving up.
05/20/2017 5:14 pm
mincerafter42
What do you mean by "semi-vanilla"? Either the server is vanilla or it isn't. If you mean modified server software that works with the vanilla game, I wouldn't consider it vanilla. Maybe you could set up your own server. That way, you can make it exactly the way you want. (but you need to buy a computer to run it on(but some computers are less than $10)if you want it to be online all the time.) (Or use some sort of server-hosting site).
03/20/2017 4:12 pm
Albinopanda124
Hi!!
I'm probably going to make a small building contest in the "Community challenges" forum. I already have everything planned, but there is still one problem... What should I use for a reward? I can't use any kind of money, that's for sure... So it needs to be something easy... I can build something, but don't know what.
Thank you everyone!!
03/20/2017 4:24 pm
Pepijn
Trophies always work, something to put on your profile.
03/13/2017 10:02 pm
xMasterCrafter
I Want To Be Able To Use Multiple Plugins In Different Worlds That Use Different Configurations Per World. Per World Plugins Segregates A Plugin To A Single World But I Want To Segregate The Plugins Files In Single Worlds And Have The Plugin Not Interfere With Other Worlds.
03/14/2017 2:01 pm
Pepijn
There used to be a plugin that would allow that (pluginsperworld) but it hasn't been updated to newer version of Minecraft in quite some time. Generally people now make multiple servers (a faction server, a minigame server, a hub server, etc.) and connect them with plugins like BungeeCord.
03/17/2017 7:07 pm
xMasterCrafter
Yes i use Per World Plugin, but what it does is singles out the plugin to one or more worlds but it does not make different configurations per world, which is what im looking for. Im looking for something that could make, for example, two faction worlds, using the same faction plugin, but each world having its own individual configuration. Say World one has Faction1002 and BigFaction02...and...World 2 has SmallFaction101 and FactionF123. If you understand what im saying.
03/13/2017 10:18 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
CaptainEvstike
Don't spam the same thing twice
03/14/2017 1:09 pm
xMasterCrafter
I Was Reexplaining The Same Thing To Him In A Different Format To Make Sure He Would Understand And If I Added His Quote To It I'm Pretty Sure You Wouldnt Have Said Anything. All I Want Is A Little Bit Of Information.
03/13/2017 1:57 pm
xMasterCrafter
I Am Looking For A Very Specific Plugin Or The Creation Of This Plugin. I Am Looking For A Plugin That Allows A Plugin To Be Used In Two Different Worlds With Two Different Configurations.

For Example:
World 1: Essentials Plugin With Kit Configuration With Kits Tools, Farming, PvP.
World 2: Essentials Plugin With Kit Configuration With Kits Donor, Archer, Hunter.

If This Plugin Doesn't Exist Could Someone Help Me Make One?
03/13/2017 2:29 pm
Pepijn
Can't you just make all the kits in both world and use world specific permissions to allow players to only access certain kits in certain worlds?
03/13/2017 9:58 pm
xMasterCrafter
Its Not Just A Kits Thing More Or Less Say I Want Two Factions Worlds, A Normal One And A Hardcore One. I Want The Plugin To Work In Both Worlds But Not Use The Same Factions Created. More Or Less I Want The Plugins To Work In Both Worlds From A Blank Slate.
03/06/2017 1:21 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
eli_epic
if i want to add mods to a adventure map im making will the mods stay on when i post it or what do i do?!?!
03/06/2017 1:49 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
[url=][/url]

between the = and ] put the link and between the ] and [ in the center put the mods name and version,,,

if any mods you use change or add mechanics or blocks the player will likely be unable to play the map properly...

or ask the mod creators if you can put their mods in the download of your map but they have to say yes... if they say no and even if they dont reply and havent been on for a long time maybe a year you still need them to say yes also take a screenshot (for me its FN+Home as the "Print Scr" aka print screen is an fn key and its on the home key not sure for you or if you have it)
03/06/2017 1:18 pm
Toby Minceraft
qwerty55 wrote:
Anyone else have problems with the new launcher?

Crashes 50% of the time - is getting fairly tedious -.-

Well, I found out something fairly good for me: when you are playing Multiplayer in a world you hosted, you quit the game and it crashes, you will notice that Minecraft auto-saved your world, and everything should be fine. I don't bother with it.
If your game crashes while on a server, you should report the bug to Mojang. Or, read this article by Skylinerw http://skylinerw.com/evaluator/.
03/05/2017 7:12 pm
MjWiz
So I've been playing this server called Stuzzcraft for 5 years, and it has gone from like 50 to around 6 people. How should the admins try to save this server and bring it back to having a community?
03/04/2017 7:38 am
Level 23 : Expert Narwhal
qwerty55
Anyone else have problems with the new launcher?

Crashes 50% of the time - is getting fairly tedious -.-
03/06/2017 11:52 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
if you have having a lot of trouble with the new launcher you can download the old one from here (windows. second one)
https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/alternative
02/05/2017 6:12 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
diamondcreeper0045
2x2, not 3x3 like the normal one. I mean like one of these:

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome