Atlas: A new multiplayer experience

Constance's Avatar Constance1/31/15 10:43 pm
1 emeralds 344 5
3/1/2015 5:13 pm
tonymans's Avatar tonymans

Introduction
Minecraft: one of the most popular sandbox games in the world, allows us to submerge ourselves in a virtually endless block-filled world. In a society where thousands of replicated servers exist, new ideas are crucial for prosperity. That is where Atlas began. How can Minecraft be used as something more than a game? How can we tie it into other areas of our day?

Considering the majority of Minecraft players are under 18 years old, developing a fully-functional educational platform for Minecraft could not only have a substantial benefit to educational institutions, but it could also help improve our community as a whole.

The Goal
The Atlas project's goal is to develop an innovative educational Minecraft platform designed for both the public and educational institutions. This would allow a wide array of players to join, giving everyone the opportunity to work together and achieve more in an engaging way.

Atlas' critical thinking question is: How can Minecraft be used as an educational tool that cultivates strategic thinking in an engaging way?

Join Atlas
If you're interested, we'd love to have you become part of our team! Please reply with the application below, filled out as requested.

Minecraft Username:

Do you have a Skype account?:

Do you have a Google account?:

Have you ever participated in a Minecraft server? If so, what type of participation occurred?:

What type of "rank" or position are you looking to have at Atlas?:

How long have you been playing Minecraft?:

What timezone are you in?

Atlas is an organization that values community and being part of the team. Describe a time that you worked to help another individual feel "part of the group.":

What would a friend or family member say about your computer/electronic device usage, and your efficiency on a computer/electronic device?:

Atlas wants to make all users feel welcome. Do you think digital citizenship is important? Why or why not?:

Atlas will include users from a variety of age groups. Is it important to treat everyone equally or different? Why or why not?:

Method of contact:

Thank you; we look forward to working together!
Constance
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2015 5:13 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
tonymans
Minecraft Username: turtle_beach_24

Do you have a Skype account?: I do not. Sorry.

Do you have a Google account?: Yes I do.

Have you ever participated in a Minecraft server? If so, what type of participation occurred?: No I have not. It would be an honor to be part of the staff.

What type of "rank" or position are you looking to have at Atlas?: Mod but no higher then an Admin.

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 9 Months.

What timezone are you in?: Mountain time zone. (Texas)

Atlas is an organization that values community and being part of the team. Describe a time that you worked to help another individual feel "part of the group.": My friend when we were playing skyblock, fell and lost all his stuff. An auction was going on and I was able to get several buckets. I gave some to other people, since we had alot of them.

What would a friend or family member say about your computer/electronic device usage, and your efficiency on a computer/electronic device?: I can be on everyday but not really saturday or sunday. If it's saturday, I can stay up at night and watch around of anyone at all would be playing. Week days I usually play for about 2-2:30 minutes every day.

Atlas wants to make all users feel welcome. Do you think digital citizenship is important? Why or why not?: It is important because if the staff is friendly, they can spread it to friends and other friends and how nice the staff is.

Atlas will include users from a variety of age groups. Is it important to treat everyone equally or different? Why or why not?: It is very important because parents can watch their children playing and if they swear or be mean in any way, the child could lose it's time playing minecraft. Older people like 12+ can play without parents watching and they can use huge language and get themselves banned or something.

Method of contact: Email: anthonym1229@ymail.com, anthonymgreen3@gmail.com
02/01/2015 4:47 pm
Constance
IateBarrys
Application
Minecraft Username: IateBarrys :p

Do you have a Skype account?: Already have Brock added

Do you have a Google account?: Of Course

Have you ever participated in a Minecraft server? If so, what type of participation occurred?: I did, I was a Moderator for about 2 months, then was promoted to admin for about 3 months, then gained the position Head - Admin for about 6 months before the server was no longer active.

What type of "rank" or position are you looking to have at Atlas?: Whatever you have open, as Brock knows, I'm pretty good all around

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Been playing Minecraft for about 2-3 years.

What timezone are you in? Central

Atlas is an organization that values community and being part of the team. Describe a time that you worked to help another individual feel "part of the group.":

What would a friend or family member say about your computer/electronic device usage, and your efficiency on a computer/electronic device?: Its okay. If your asking how much im on my laptop, it'd be around 5-7 hours a day.

Atlas wants to make all users feel welcome. Do you think digital citizenship is important? Why or why not?: Yes, because if someone joins, they want to be welcomed, and greeted, they don't want to come to a server and feel like they are just another player.

Atlas will include users from a variety of age groups. Is it important to treat everyone equally or different? Why or why not?: Treat everyone the same, if not you will gain a bad rep. You want to be someone they like to see whether your an admin, or moderator, or just a VIP, you want to be someone the players like, and respect.

Method of contact: Either Skype, Email, or Phone. I will direct message my contact info.

To whom it may concern,
Thank you for applying. We'd love to have you become part of the Atlas team. We'll be in contact soon!
02/01/2015 12:57 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
IateBarrys
Minecraft Username: IateBarrys :p

Do you have a Skype account?: Already have Brock added

Do you have a Google account?: Of Course

Have you ever participated in a Minecraft server? If so, what type of participation occurred?: I did, I was a Moderator for about 2 months, then was promoted to admin for about 3 months, then gained the position Head - Admin for about 6 months before the server was no longer active.

What type of "rank" or position are you looking to have at Atlas?: Whatever you have open, as Brock knows, I'm pretty good all around

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Been playing Minecraft for about 2-3 years.

What timezone are you in? Central

What would a friend or family member say about your computer/electronic device usage, and your efficiency on a computer/electronic device?: Its okay. If your asking how much im on my laptop, it'd be around 5-7 hours a day.

Atlas wants to make all users feel welcome. Do you think digital citizenship is important? Why or why not?: Yes, because if someone joins, they want to be welcomed, and greeted, they don't want to come to a server and feel like they are just another player.

Atlas will include users from a variety of age groups. Is it important to treat everyone equally or different? Why or why not?: Treat everyone the same, if not you will gain a bad rep. You want to be someone they like to see whether your an admin, or moderator, or just a VIP, you want to be someone the players like, and respect.

Method of contact: Either Skype, Email, or Phone. I will direct message my contact info.
01/31/2015 10:52 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
philpres2
Application
Minecraft Username: Epixpenguin

Do you have a Skype account?: I do have a Skype account. I will private message an Atlas member the account information if I am accepted.

Do you have a Google account?: I do have a Google account. Again, I will private message an Atlas member if accpted.

Have you ever participated in a Minecraft server? If so, what type of participation occurred?: I currently play on a server that I have the rank of 'ChatMod' which allows me to mute and kick players. I have been playing on the server for a very long time, and most players can trust me.

What type of "rank" or position are you looking to have at Atlas?: I am looking for a developer rank or creative thinking rank. I can develop plugins and a decent level, and I'm always thinking of new ideas.

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: I have been playing Minecraft for two years now.

What timezone are you in? I live in the Central/Standard timezome.

---
Atlas is an organization that values community and being part of the team. Describe a time that you worked to help another individual feel "part of the group.": Maybe a month ago, in a group project for a server API, we had a group member leave. I've asked why the member left, and generally helped the member get back into the group, and feel happy. If someone doesn't feel apart of Atlas, I would try and include them in more activities.

What would a friend or family member say about your computer/electronic device usage, and your efficiency on a computer/electronic device?: A friend or family member would say my interest in electronic devices is great. I have a really high interest in them, and basically how they work, along with most other objects. Many say I'm very efficient with my electronic devices, due to my typing and programming abilities.

Atlas wants to make all users feel welcome. Do you think digital citizenship is important? Why or why not?: It is significant to have all users feel welcome so they feel apart of the server, not just 'another player'.

Atlas will include users from a variety of age groups. Is it important to treat everyone equally or different? Why or why not?: It is important to treat everyone equal, because you have to think of what would think of what it would be to be in the players position. Giving players advantages or disadvantages seems as an unfair decision, and discrimination would never be allowed.

Method of contact: I prefer to be contacted by my Skype.
02/01/2015 11:34 am
Constance
To whom it may concern,
Thank you for applying. We'd love to have you become part of the Atlas team. We'll privately message you the details to getting in contact with us!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome