Ava's Closed-map Experiment -- Minecraft in a Box

SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten10/24/14 4:24 pm
1/16/2015 5:49 am
SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten
I'm sure most of you have read about or heard about WordWork's Closed map Experiment ... If not, I recommend taking a look. The story is pretty interesting, though a lot of people have pointed out parts that seem unrealistic and it's assumed to be a hoax.

Information:

Following a post by the Minecrafter, Veznic, on another site (That won't be mentioned, due to it's x-rated nature), I decided to start up a world to reproduce this experiment.

However, we've decided to take this a bit further than what was available at the time of the original project and create our own customized map, before transporting it to a sky world. The entire map is 352x352, including the border of bedrock (and glass, to provide a better sky view), with a playable area of 350x350. The map's nether counterpart's size is a total of 102x102, with a playable area of 100x100, and has also been transported from a natural world into a sky world and surrounded with bedrock and glass.

To prevent falling into the void (and discourage breaking the glass and building a secret bunker), we've implemented a plugin, called World Border, and set the radius so that the edge lands right on the bedrock barrier. No one can leave, we will be effectively trapped.

Unlike the original, we will be taking many screenshots and may even record our progress -- And won't 'lose' them. We don't yet know how many will be recording, but we're hoping for at least two or three separate viewpoints.

Rules:

The rules of the server are very simple and basic, most of which are designed solely for the protection of the sensibilities of the younger members and their parents, as well as deterrence of any illegal activities. Any breaking of the rules will result in an immediate and permanent ban from the project and all other Ava servers.
  • Sexual comments or jokes are to be kept between those members who are 17+ (REGARDLESS of the age of consent in your country.)
  • Regardless of age; cyber-sex, sexting, or Minecraft "dating," will not be tolerated on the server, even via private messages.
  • No heavy swearing - That being said, refrain from attempting to censor your swears Doing so does not make it less vulgar. If you're going to swear, be an adult about it.
  • No unfair mods (Anything that gives you an unrealistic advantage - X-ray, flight, anti-pvp auras, full-bright, etc ... Mods such as inventory tweaks, too many items, not enough items, and others are allowed)
  • No spamming (Of any kind)
  • No constant PVP or spawn killing
  • No racism, homophobia, or bible thumping (Literally thumping people with bibles is perfectly acceptable)

---- Be aware; greiffing, raiding, and PVP are not against the rules, on the project map, so players are responsible for their own defense and offense, when faced with an enemy. ----

Our map contains:

Every game-changing biome, selected from a natural world and meshed together with World Edit:
  • Mushroom Island, for mycelium
  • Ice Spikes, for packed ice
  • Savanna, for Acacia trees
  • Sunflower Plains / Flower Forest, for dyes
  • Swamp, for lily pads and pumpkins
  • Forests, for birch trees
  • Roofed Forest, for dark oak trees
  • Mesa, for hardened clay and red sand
  • Desert, for sand and cacti
  • Ocean, for squid
  • Taiga, for spruce trees
  • Jungle, for cocoa, melons, and jungle trees
  • Nether, for nether blocks and items

Most structures, from specifically selected areas:
  • Abandoned mine shafts
  • Dungeons
  • Village
  • Nether fortress

How to get involved:

We are looking for a maximum of 32 people --The server will not be whitelisted, so anyone is able to join and chat with us -- There is a main world that is vanilla anyone is able to play on, but the experiment map will only be able to be accessed through me. -- In order to be in the experiment, you will need to at least have Skype, so that you can be added to the group conversation where we will be coordinating our play times.

The server is up and running at AvaVarldar.ddns.net:25566
(You will need the port, otherwise you'll be connected to our modded server)

Anyone interested in joining the team can leave a post here or send me a message on Skype (Skynet-Kytten), with the following information:
  • Preferred Name
  • In-game Name
  • Skype Name
  • Time Zone
  • Specific times available/not available

Currently, 16 slots have been filled.
Players Involved
SilverKytten
WellbeWelloff
SisterBrother25
stelargk
firegamer5