Become a part of something epic! Server Co-owners needed!

Noctris's Avatar Noctris10/19/16 11:32 am
11/6/2016 7:27 am
Noctris's Avatar Noctris
POSITIONS RE-OPENED

Hello everyone. Due to some co-owners having RL issues I am re opening this thread. For everyone who doesnt know what happening continue reading.

Welcome to your chance to become part of an epic community project! I am in need of co-owners to make a network. This network will feature different types of game mods and game syles. You do not need to pay anything, this is my project and attempt to make something epic with the community for the community. I still haven't thought up a name for this project but it will come in time. The basic idea is to get co-owners togeher under a 1 banner, and make a network of servers for the community to enjoy and play at.

WHAT YOU GET FROM ME:

- a 1GB Minecraft server to config the plugins, setup everything, etc. (After the launch the ram is increased, this is just for setup phase)
- Multicraft access to your server (might be limited on launch because of plugin copyright protection)
- Premium plugins worth over 200$ (list will be available when we get all the co-owners)
- My help, with basically anything I can help with.
- A website for the server network - SSL Enabled
- Forums for players to communicate - SSL Enabled
- Dynmap compatibility - SSL Enabled
- Server shop with no limitations - SSL Enabled
- After server launch, your server wont have to earn a cent for the 1st 3-4 months.
- Might missed something, if you have questions ask.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:

- Server ideas and work (i need your ideas, and you will need to work on your sever, your staff is welcome)
- Good ideas that can work in the long run (Some server ideas are great, but can get borring after 1-2 weeks of game time, we need servers that stick, or are updated to keep them interesting)
- EULA Compliant server shops
- Cross server cosmetic upgrades (we will be implementing cosmetic upgrades in the shop, all servers must give their players these items)
- Teamwork (This is a community project, it requires teamwork, you will need to work with other owners and staff in order to make this happen)
- After the grace period of 3-4 months, i expect the server to earn enough money to at-least pay for itself.
- Donations from a server will be split 50-50 at the beginning, if your server is very successful i will be willing to rise this percentage to 70-30.
- Be good to people and cooperate, if you fail to do so, your spot will be replaced.
- To finish the server by March 2017.

Server Machine:

The testing servers will be on a shared hosting provider, after the servers finish we will be moving to a dedicated machine. This machine will feature the newest versions of java, the newest firewall protection and anti ddos protection.

The dream:

If this project is successful and the server earns enough, upgrades will be done, worlds expanded, more game mods added. I want to make a great network, with friendly people to enjoy and have fun with. I have always been sick of servers being full of cheaters because people wont spend money on proper anti cheat plugins. Pay to win servers are also not the way to go.

The minecraft community deserves a friendly and fun place to login and have fun! We can make this happen.

If you are interested, and have an idea, PM me with your ideas or questions. Best of luck, lets make something awesome!
Noctris
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/06/2016 7:27 am
Noctris
@tgshowers, sent PM.

More slots still opened!
11/05/2016 3:28 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
tgshowers
I am still VERY Interested. I'm sorry that I wasn't active much after you initially closed the applications, I thought I couldn't participate. I would still love to put my ideas together and be a part of this network. I'm still thinking a lot about what makes a good, fun server, but I have a pretty good Idea that I think deserves to be executed correctly.

Here is why I'm so interested: We share the same morals. Hackers deserve to be punished because to make a game mode fun, it has to be fair. Also, on the topic of being fair, I hate pay to win servers. They give overpowered advantages to those who have money, and not all of us have money. All servers should offer cosmetic only donation perks because they provide an incentive to donate, while not pressuring people to give their money.

~Tyler
11/05/2016 2:18 pm
Noctris
More spots open! read the beginning of the topic to learn more!
11/04/2016 6:31 pm
Noctris
Its now the 5th. Anyone who didnt answer may not bother answering.
11/03/2016 8:19 am
Noctris
2 day warning for everyone who didnt send an e-mail to my PM yet.

As for everyone else, is anyone still active here who signed up but didnt accept?

Now would be a good time to check in if you are still watching this thread.
10/30/2016 8:33 pm
Noctris
I will get back with more info. If some of the picked ones dont answer i will replace them. There is still a chance.
10/30/2016 4:31 pm
tgshowers
So since I wasn't accepted as a co-owner, can I still be a part of the project? Please get back to me on this because I'd still love to help out.
10/29/2016 7:28 am
Noctris
ACCEPTED CANDIDATES:

This is a preliminary list.

Tom Senpai
Rodrigofin99
TurtleBoose
Stolie46
GlydeDesigns
xXHeroReoxXx

Congratulations to the above applications, please PM me with your e-mail so I can send an invite to gitter.im

All chat regarding this project will be done over gitter.

A forum will be launched later to make this project easier. For now gitter will suffice.
10/25/2016 7:10 am
Noctris
All submissions after this post will be ignored.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and submissions. In the next few days I will go over each and every submission in detail, I will contact you through whatever method you said works for you best.

Once the Co-Owners are picked, I will see with them about getting a few more people if they are willing to help out or wor together with another co-owner on a server, to make it a joined effort.

Again thank you all for the submissions, I hope that we can truly make something epic here
10/24/2016 8:38 am
Noctris
Submissions are opened for 8 more hours. All submissions after that period (or 10PM CET) will be ignored.

If you have a plan or idea, make sure you write it before then!

Good luck!

P.S. As for all the current submissions, don't worry I am not ignoring you, I read into detail every single one of them. Like I said when I close the submissions I will pick the co-owners, and i will also invite other promising submissions into the project, if you care to help with it.
10/23/2016 7:52 pm
tgshowers
14. But don't underestimate me.

Server Idea:

My server idea is one of two things. My first idea is to re-imagine Prison, to do this I will add many plugins to make it more interesting. Whenever I play prison servers its always the same, go to a mine, get money, rankup, etc... This is not how I would run my Prison server, mine would have a bunch of cool little things such as finding random loot when mining, and an expansive cell system. Also, I wouldn't make the mines boring and square, I have something different in mind . I'm still working on that idea, but I also have another. My second idea would be a unique take on survival. I would have a custom world made (If possible) and make a few events that happen regularly. Some events may include asteroids raining down all over spawn with various loot, but the catch would be.... pvp in enabled. So it would be a high risk, high reward kind of thing. In addition, around the holidays I would make little mini games. For example, on Halloween I would make a spooky maze where you have to find all of the pumpkins to win, and you would receive a reward for doing so. Also, something I see wrong with many servers, is their shop. If I ran this survival server, I would get the shop right, that's one thing I'm sure of. These are just a few of the things I would implement upon launch, but I'm sure I'll think of more before then, and I'll add them too.

Have you ever been a server owner? (if yes how long):

Yes, I've had around 5 servers, each only lasting for a few months. I haven't had a server since like 2013, and I thought maybe I should try Co-Owning one.

Why did you shutdown your server?:

Every one of the servers I had were just used to mess around on with me and my friends. They all eventually shut down due to lack of funding, although I never implemented any ranks, so there was never an incentive to donate anyways. xD

Can you work with a team of people to bring this idea to reality?:

Yes, and I'm looking forward to doing so. I know for a fact that I couldn't make any of my ideas come to life without help, so I can't wait to find a team and get this thing rolling!

Are you willing to adapt your idea to make it better, or more Network friendly?:

Of course! I always want to improve upon my ideas, and I know how important it is to make sure a Network functions as a Network, rather than a jumble of different servers. I plan on having some sort of suggestion-system on my server, so that I can get user feedback and keep improving!

Tell me a bit about yourself:

Hey! I'm glad you asked this question, It's very important to me that we get to know each other, because we might be working together on the daily. My name is Tyler, and right now I'm in High School, and can dedicate 3-5 hours to the server every day, and much more on weekends. I live in Pacific Standard Time. Some of my hobby's include hanging out with friends, listening to music, and making an amazing Minecraft server .

Final note:

I'm 14, but you can still trust me to run a server for your network. Don't judge me based on my age, because I know I can work with a team and develop an amazing server based on one of my ideas. Lastly, thank you for taking your time to consider my application, and I hope your server prospers.

P.S: PM me for my Skype.

~Tyler
10/23/2016 5:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
magnusdk123
Hello so I have made this idea very detailed here:

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DWg ... =drive_web

I am flexible about my idea but this is fully explained version. Very well explained.

EDIT:Contact ways:
Skype(preferred):Magnusdk123
Email:Magn6942@gmail.com
Pm here
Discord:Sagestar#7147
10/23/2016 2:30 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Turtleboose

Server Idea: Multiple Survival Modes (Skygrid, Skyblock, Factions, Towny, etc..), Minigames

Have you ever been a server owner? (if yes how long): yes for a few months now, server is under development and I'm looking to add it to your network but if needed I can shut it down and work with a new one. I am a very good server owner.

Why did you shutdown your server?: It isn't shut down.

Can you work with a team of people to bring this idea to reality?: I definitely can and I've been looking for people to help me bring my idea to reality as well

Are you willing to adapt your idea to make it better, or more Network friendly?: I will always be able to accept more ideas. If it makes the server better, then I can't really disagree.

I am currently serving in the military so I am well disciplined, you can expect me to work with the team. I have lots of great ideas that I need help putting into effect so if I could get help from you guys, I could even help the rest of the network. My Skype if you need to contact me is "redneckcaboose". I look forward to a reply.
10/21/2016 1:24 pm
Noctris
Thank you everyone for their replies and applications.

The applications will stay open until Monday.

After Monday all new applications will be ignored, while I pick the most promising ideas and decide where to go next from there.

Keep the ideas coming and dont lose hope, even if your idea doesnt get picked, one of the co-owners might need your help / expertise, so there is a possiblity to work together on an even bigger team to make something truly epic for the community
10/20/2016 2:51 pm
xX_HeroReox_Xx

Server Idea:
Me and my friends have been planning to make this project for awhile now and we found a good chance to start, our developers have been working on few plugins that will give the server a one of a kind experience to any Minecraft player, we are currently planning on making a small group, our basic gamemodes will be Factions - Skyblock - Prison, we will open more later, we try to make people enjoy the environment.

Have you ever been a server owner? (if yes how long):Yes, was the owner of RisingPvP for 3-4 months

Why did you shutdown your server?: I quit Minecraft for a while

Can you work with a team of people to bring this idea to reality?: Yes,Our developers are currently working on plugins and our builders are building Warps and the Spawn for the server, we don't want to rush this because if we did players might find exploits, for example the shop exploit, [for example: buying a diamond for $100 and selling the diamond block (which is made out of 9 diamond) for $1000, players will use that exploit to get money ingame, that's why we are testing every single item in the server's shop before the release)

Are you willing to adapt your idea to make it better, or more Network friendly?: Yes, any time someone calls for me I will answer and attend to them as soon as I can. Hackers are a part of every server and come at any time, I feel as if I am mature enough to handle any kind of situation that comes towards me and capable of doing nearly any job. I respect any power given to me and will be responsible with them.
I'm also a very hard worker if you ever ask me to do something trust me it will get done. I'm not the type of person to blow something off unless I am just joking and playing around. I'm the type of person to be serious but joke around when the times right. I am ready for any challenge and this is the start of a new one. I respect each person I talk to and get to an understanding level with them I understand the problem first them jump to a solution and the solution is going to be whatever can help both or all parties the most.

I'm good at Minecraft in general, but I don't really excel at many specific aspects of the game. I'd say I'm alright at building. I'm not one of those builders that spend 20 hours on an awesome mansion, but my work is alright . I'm good with interior design, and I can make a house's inside look like a specific theme, or just fun. I'm familiar with the Factions plugin and have been playing Faction servers for a long time, so I know how to manage a faction, decide who to trust, and make sure the members don't go crazy, while improving my building skills, and self-control (not giving too many members Faction moderator because they begged for it, or not claiming too much land for a huge base.) If needed, I can learn a bit about coding plugins- I am a fast learner. I am already familiar with WorldEdit, as I have spent lots of time in Creative messing around and experimenting with //set, //undo, //up and other similar commands. I also know about the GroupManager plugin as well as WorldGuard and Essentials.

EXTRA::

More about the server:
For example picking up Staff members, the helper recommendations must be high . I devide that in four sections:

1. Doing the job without the rank.

Your in game ability to do what is expected of helpers even if you aren't the rank. This means you need to be constantly warning for rule breaking, welcoming new players and answering any and all questions as best you can. By attempting to be a helper before you have the rank it shows your dedication and seriousness. This practice will often arise unpleasant comments towards you, you need to shrug them off and not let them effect you, staff cop a shit tone of negativity daily so if by doing this you will be developing a thicker skin.

2. Your forum application.

Your app must not be vague and carelessly short. If your not willing to take the time to write it we wont take the time to read it. This being said don't write a book. If your application is rejected on the forums this may only mean you have not met the needed requirements (like the ones stated in this message) or we aren't taking staff at that time. We wanna know that your an actual human ! Tell us about you!

3. People skills

If you do not have the capacity to engage with the players in a manner that positively reflects upon the server you wont be considered. This means not starting fights, harassing/abusing etc. You are required to be mature.

4. Past server grievances or offences (bans/trouble maker etc)

While they don't dismiss your application solely because of previous 'issues' they would like you to come forward in this app if you do have any previous history. They can check so if you don't provide this info straight up it is worse for your application in the long run.

My first goal would be to help any player in need of assist, such as finding out commands, finding the website, and questions.(with applying, reporting, server ideas, etc.) I will try to assist the person as good as I can. I will of course not answer in 1-3 words, but try to make sure the player understands what I’m saying. However, I will tell him that if he needs anything else, I’d be glad to assist/help him as long as it doesn’t involve building and stuff in that section.
If I tried to help him as good as I could, and he/she didn't get an answer on their question, then I will direct them to a higher staff member, or tell them to go on the forums with it. Also I would try to welcome every time a new player joins, I will make sure that they will get a warm welcome, and a great start. I would probably also tell them to how to start off, by doing /kit and /wild. I will try to do that as long as I’m not afk

Staff members must be trained for all kinds of situations, Example: “Is Ghost Clients allowed” The answer “no” would be a bad answer. The person that asked that question needs an answer and why. Then he would understand fully, but if he does not he would probably go ahead and download a ghost client and get banned for hacking. In addition, if you have people asking many questions you do not act rude. You can tell them that they can ask again if they need any kind of help. I would not ban any person without any reason or proof, It’s not worth it to ban someone for no reason at all. Just try to follow my thoughts, if struggle to get this position on an office, you don’t go and tell everyone to screw themselves in the end of the first work day? I haven’t played for that long around 2 weeks, however I’ve worked hard to try and get fit for this staff position. I’ve said welcome for nearly everyone I see joining, and I’ve been helping so much in managing and taking screenshots of people and later get them banned banned, when no staff were online. I’ve tried so hard for this position, and I only want to help the server improve and take steps in the right direction. I don’t really want to destroy something I’ve worked that hard on obtaining.

King Regards~
~Zyelixify
10/20/2016 12:28 pm
anonpmc2255062
[deleted]
10/19/2016 7:53 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Phoenixblade1
Just a quick question, how many co-owners are you looking for? (a rough estimate is fine)

\
10/20/2016 7:00 am
Noctris
At the moment 3-5, depending on the project size, I have 32GB of ram available, so it all depends on what the servers will be and how much they are gonna eat up

If this project is a success, i will be opening up more slots as it develops
10/19/2016 6:42 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Stolie46

Server Idea:I can do creative, prison or survival.

Have you ever been a server owner? (if yes how long): About 2 years

Why did you shutdown your server?: The server didnt have a donation platform and didnt have a budget other than hosting, so it went downhill.

Can you work with a team of people to bring this idea to reality?: Yes

Are you willing to adapt your idea to make it better, or more Network friendly?: Yes, I can add things that will make my idea unique, therefore getting players to join.

Tell me a bit about yourself: I am Adam, I am 16 and I come from Australia. I can code in Java, C++, python and a few others. My strongest programming language is Java which is used to create minecraft plugins. I owned a survival server for 1 year, then changed it to prison. I am experienced in survival and prison.

I understand what you expect from me and I can get to those standards

EDIT: If you do not like my first ideas, I have an idea to make a text-based adventure game within minecraft, I have the skills and knowledge to make this. I think all networks need the basic gamemodes such as prison though.

email me on adamholder01@outlook.com then I will give you my skype details
10/19/2016 4:44 pm
cccmdm
Is there a rank like manager or server manager you think I can apply for.
10/19/2016 4:58 pm
Noctris
After co owners are decided, im pretty sure they will need help with things like this. For now no, but if you want to follow up on development i will post a public link for the forums so people can view the progress.
10/19/2016 12:40 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Phoenixblade1

Server Idea: Nations, basically towny rp server with four major nations which will be run by myself and 3 admins, Each nation will have several "clans" or Houses which will have specific jobs within the nation like farming or Military. Each Nation will have a capital and several city's, minor nations can be created in a forum by a player applying. war can be declared between nations in forums. the goal of the server would be to create an intimate server with lore and just fun.

Have you ever been a server owner? (if yes how long): no (this is going to hurt my application a bit)

Why did you shutdown your server?: N/A

Can you work with a team of people to bring this idea to reality?: I believe I can

Are you willing to adapt your idea to make it better, or more Network friendly?: Certainly, my idea is rather loose right now and could easily be adapted

Tell me a bit about yourself: lets see, I'm rather creative, I'm currently in a program where I'm taking college classes along side of my high school classes, I love fencing, I've been playing Minecraft for years and have been a moderator and admin on a couple servers, though most of them have shut down now do to lack of players. I know some basic java coding, if I have the opportunity to learn something I am eager to do so.

Contact Information:
Best would be my phone number, I can give you that on request in pm or skype
Next best would be my skype: Live:moore21jamin
10/19/2016 12:04 pm
GlydeDesignsHD

Server Idea: Factions, Creative Plots, Kit PvP, Splegg.

Have you ever been a server owner? (if yes how long):
Yes for two months then the server started to go downhill and was not getting enough donations.

Why did you shutdown your server?: Lack of funds.

Can you work with a team of people to bring this idea to reality?: Indeed

Are you willing to adapt your idea to make it better, or more Network friendly?: absolutely

Tell me a bit about yourself: My name is Aaron and I am 17 years of age. I have been playing Minecraft since 2013 (1.6). I am familiar with many plugins and know how to use them as well am I a very friendly person. i also do GFX/VFX
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome