Battlefield 3? Y? N? (planning on getting bf3, but not sure)

Anxiety Opossum's Avatar Anxiety Opossum7/28/14 1:52 pm
7/31/2014 11:10 am
ASF's Avatar ASF
So, I enjoy playing CoD BO2, and I was thinking about getting Battlefield 3. The main things that got me hooked on the idea, were the massive maps, and vehicles, however, I also like the local multiplayer, and slightly futuristic style of BO2. Any suggestions on whether or not I should get it? If I don't I'm probably just gonna get some DLC for Black ops.

Also, I don't wanna see anyone in here just yelling, OmG, HALO is Bettur Than Blck Ops.

Oh, and if you have any suggestions, tell me.
Anxiety Opossum
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/31/2014 11:10 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I'd say get BF4 (I own it and it rocks), but for some reason, a LOT of people have problems playing that game (crashes, glitches, etc.).
You'd be better off with BF3, at least until the pile of trash that BF4 is gets fixed.
07/31/2014 11:08 am
Anxiety Opossum
I think at this point, I am just going to get some Black ops II DLC, as I prefer the faster gameplay, and abundance of players. Trolls are not a problem to me, as I have chat set to "off" at all times. On top of this, I don't really need another campaign to work through, as I'm also going to get Assassin's creed 3 (First time playing an assassin's creed game (wooo, 15 years old.)) Also, I'm interested a lot in some more zombies maps, as I'm tired of running around in Green Run.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm also getting an RC MQ-27 Dragonfire drone
07/31/2014 10:04 am
Level 1 : New Miner
testbox360
Or you could get BF4 which is better; some maps are better and worse, but bigger matches, and more guns/vehicles. But yea if your budget is low, then get BF3; only get BF4 if you have an XBOX One.
07/31/2014 4:31 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
If you are going to play battlefield like you play CoD: No.
If you are able to work in teams: Yes
07/31/2014 4:26 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
GamerAuthority
If you're getting BF3. buy it on PC. That way, you can have the best experience from it.

Because on consoles, BF3 is almost deserted with a max of 24 players(not really but compared to PC...)

On PC, BF3 is super full with 64 players. Imagine 64 players. 32 vs 32 players.

Anyways, if you buy it on Origin, add me: GamerAuthority.
07/31/2014 11:04 am
Anxiety Opossum
I would, but I have a 2009 Toshiba Laptop, with just enough capacity to run minecraft with optifine maxxed out, for 40 fps. soooooo, yea.
07/31/2014 4:17 am
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher
Jakeva
I laugh at the fact of Blacks Ops 2 being better than Battlefield. Not only do you have the trolls and kids, but you also have to deal with some $15 dlc that comes out every 3 months that adds one map. In Battlefield, there seems to be a small amount of children on it seeing as kids always think CoD's the best. Not only that, but the trolls on there are minimal. And, while you have the $15 dlc, you aren't pressured to buy it, seeing as most don't.
07/31/2014 2:10 am
Level 1 : New Miner
testbox360
Uhm...I don't mean to be a stickler, but I believe the title is "Planet Minecraft"
07/31/2014 3:42 am
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Sure, the site is titled "Planet Minecraft", but we're more than just a Minecraft community. We're a community of gamers, who aren't dedicated to only one game. Mods know that, and created an entire forum section dedicated to non-Minecraft stuff. (This thread isn't in it, but that is irrelevant. )
The site would get pretty boring pretty fast if it was jus restricted to Minecraft talk.

EDIT: Yes. Get battlefield 3. It's literally the only first person shooter that I'll sit down and play on my own time, and enjoy. It's the best first person shooter, in my opinion
07/30/2014 12:31 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
It's a good game, but it's better when you have friends that have it. Since the maps are so big, it helps to coordinate with your squad and that's much easier if you can fill a squad woth people you know and are in a voice chat with you.
07/30/2014 12:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Refined_Malachite
BF3 is pretty fun.
I like the maps over BF4 and what not.
I haven't played it in a while so I cannot say
how the community is on it right now, but it
was never great. Everyone is rather.. rude.
But it's a great game!
07/30/2014 12:18 pm
Anxiety Opossum
bump
07/30/2014 12:23 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Batman
Tabbin
Why do you keep bumping this thread? You dont need everyone on the whole of PMC to tell you to buy it.
07/30/2014 2:56 pm
Anxiety Opossum
Just looking for more variety of opinions. I only had like 3 or 4 before this.
07/29/2014 11:43 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Batman
Tabbin
How ironic, I bought BF3 2 days ago xD, i enjoy the sniping part of BF3, i say you should get it hehe
07/29/2014 11:39 am
Anxiety Opossum
bump
07/28/2014 2:21 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
I'm more of a quake styled fps person over cod and battlefield but if I were to pick then I would have to pick battlefield 3
07/28/2014 2:17 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
TheCrazyPanda
oMg, halo IS bETTUR tHAN bLCK oPS

No, but seriously, I think blacks ops 2 is better because of its game types.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome