BlitherSkink and the Overly Ambitious Medieval City Project

BlitherSkink's Avatar BlitherSkink8/21/14 3:30 am
1 emeralds 625 1
8/21/2014 3:36 am
BlitherSkink's Avatar BlitherSkink
Well howdy there, you lovely Minecrafters.

I'm a fresh Minecraft noob, barely 2 and a half weeks old. And I've opted to make my first build ever an enormous medieval city, 'cos I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'd really love some feedback and any helpful tips and tricks you may have, it'd be a huge help.. I'm wanting to improve to the level of some of you guys and guyesses.

So, here's a few shots of the work so far. Apologies in advance if I mess up the posting!

Here's my (finally) complete castle from the front:

From the rear:

And a few interior shots. This thing is huge.. There's everything from a library to a dozen guestrooms to a theatre to a ballroom to stables to barracks.. etc etc.

In addition to the rooms, there's a chapel with an organ that plays Beethoven's Fur Elise when a button is pressed, a working portcullis, and various hidden doorways and passages using redstone (which, apparently, is what I've been missing in my life).

Comments and crit very welcome!

Wishing you all lots of blocks and kittens,
Skink x
BlitherSkink
Level 1 : New Miner