Blocking a player

sharyn23's Avatar sharyn2311/24/15 5:31 pm
11/27/2015 4:55 pm
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
My girls have Minecraft on their Kindles. They are playing multi-player and someone is on their world and trashing their structures. Can we block that person from their world? I do not play, so I hope I worded this right.
sharyn23
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/27/2015 4:55 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
If the server is an open server (As in you have to type in an IP to join it) who ever bought the server (Or is hosting) should have whats known as the Console, and in that you'll be able to type in /Ban (Playername)

From there whoever is greifing their buildings will never be able to ever join your girls server again.

I hope it helps

Have a nice sir, and the best of luck to you and your girls server
11/27/2015 4:09 pm
Level 22 : Expert Engineer
CaptainSonicYT
As far as I know, there is no identification thingy -- only only on the PC version because on PE you don't have to sign up.
11/24/2015 10:19 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
The issue is that on PE you can change your username, which would be an issue..
11/24/2015 10:32 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
You can also do that on PC version, but I assume the ID or whatever it is that actually identifies a player is changed as well?

Anyway, if this forum doesn't succeed in getting you an answer, try the Minecraft Forums, they have a whole community mostly separate from this one.
11/24/2015 7:13 pm
sharyn23
I think they will be able to ban the name though. Thank you for your help.
11/24/2015 7:12 pm
sharyn23
I do not think it is local, they said that the people were "speaking" spanish. I am sorry, I don't really understand alot about servers. I need the "dummies" version.
11/24/2015 7:57 pm
Level 22 : Expert Engineer
CaptainSonicYT
Speaking spanish? I know this sounds stupid, but could you get them to talk and translate it, then post it on PMC?
11/24/2015 6:46 pm
Ivain
hm, then it is indeed multiplayer not realms. I don't know a lot about pocket edition, sec while I do some research.

EDIT: Is the server they are using set to "local multiplayer" or on an actual server?

If they are on an actual server, the only thing they can do is contact the server owner or staff on them being griefed (unless they run the server themselves, which I doubt).

If they are on local multiplayer, it is likely someone using the same wifi connection or one nearby. See if any kids in the neighborhood also play minecraft pocket edition.

I do not know a lot about the pocket edition, but they should try to see who comes on to destroy their builds. If they know the persons name, it should be possible to use /ban (name) to keep them off.
11/24/2015 6:43 pm
sharyn23
I think they click "multiplayer" because they can play with each other. They are on the Minecraft Pocket Edition on their Kindle Fire
11/24/2015 5:41 pm
Ivain
If they are on a server that they own, it should be possible. Do they click the "multiplayer" tab or the "realms" tab when going into the game?
11/24/2015 5:37 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
If you mean by block they can ban the player... If they have Op or Some Perm But other than that no
11/24/2015 5:37 pm
Level 1 : New Network
JackzMC
If they are hosting the world, and they own the the server they are playing on they can type "/ban <player's name>"

If it's on a server they don't own, or is someone else's, there isn't much you can do.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome