BovinusMC | Seeking builders & staff!

BovinusMC Network's Avatar BovinusMC Network5/28/17 3:00 pm
6/1/2017 8:09 am
XxReeedxXMinecraft's Avatar XxReeedxXMinecraft
BovinusMC is a relatively new but established server that is still seeking some talented and unique staff and builders to help enforce rules and create new community areas to help lighten the burden on current staff so that we can focus on server development, plug-in configuration, and advertising.

We are looking for mature staff, your age will not matter as long as you are okay with acronyms like 'wtf' or 'lmfao' and you can handle seeing people bypass the swear filter. Grammar and spelling will matter, so put in some effort!

Additionally, BovinusMC is seeking experienced builders who are able to build in a group or independently. Our current preferred style for spawn and builds would be a medieval feel, a lot with wool flags, stone bricks and oak logs, not currently looking for modern or futuristic builds currently.

Of course we will be checking into previous history as to ensure the amount of potential griefers who receive permissions will be lowered.

Staff and BuilderApplication Format
Click to reveal
IGN:
Discord:
Why are you qualified to be a staff member/builder on BovinusMC?
What are some skills you have that make you a better candidate?
When can you be online playing BovinusMC?
[Staff Only] How would you deal with 2 people arguing in the main chat?
[Staff Only]How would you deal with a hacker you have found?
[Builders Only] What styles are you most skilled at building (give 3)?
[Builders Only] Please provide 3 screenshots of builds you have made (in any mode)..
BovinusMC Network
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/01/2017 8:09 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
XxReeedxXMinecraft
05/31/2017 6:00 pm
BovinusMC Network
XxReeedxXMinecraft
XxReeedxX's Application for Staff

IGN:
XxReeedxX

Country/Timezone:
USA/EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Discord:
Reed#3306

Why are you qualified to be a staff member/builder on BovinusMC?
Well, if you were to look at my previous applications you can see that I have been on many servers before and have a history that not very many other candidates have. I can build, though I wouldn't think of myself as a qualified "builder." I can manage players, whether I'm a Helper, Pre-Mod or whatever the lowest rank is, or Admin because I try to establish a fun-yet-stern character. I know when a good time is to shut up and sit down and also a good time to stand up and speak my mind. I could list out all of the ranks that I have been on servers, but that would take me forever to find and it would just be easier for you to look at my previous applications via my PMC profile. I could, however, give you some estimates (please note they may be 1-2 off because of it being almost a year since I have applied on PMC, I found a server I thought would last me forever and it didn't due to it shutting down).

Co-Owner - 3
Head-Admin - 5
Developer - 3
Admin - 6 or 7
Pre-Admin - 1
Head-Mod - 1
Mod - 5
Pre-Mod - 2

What are some skills you have that make you a better candidate?
Some skills that would best make me a better candidate are as follows:

- Hard Working
- Easy to get along with
- I'm fairly mature, yet I know when it's time to have fun
- I can think of ideas easily and constantly want the server to update with the latest of plugins
- I have been a developer in the past, so I know how to work with plugins well
- I'm not one of those staff members that wants to act like a regular player. I like to constantly help with the server and help to make the server I am staff on the best server possible.
- I am a Photographer and work with Photoshop a lot, so I could do some Graphic Design if needed (minor)
- I am moderate at building, but wouldn't be classified as a "builder"

When can you be online playing BovinusMC?
Pretty much an average amount of play time. Please note I am still in school, and I also run my own Photography business and real life comes first, ya know? But I will make priorities for when there is a special event on the server (i.e. Staff Meetings, etc.)

[Staff Only] How would you deal with 2 people arguing in the main chat?
Well, first I would warn them both and tell them to handle it in ./msg. If they were to continue to argue, I would message them both personally and tell them to quit or I will mute them. Then finally, if the argument proceeds in main chat, I would mute them.

Also, if they did move their argument to ./msg, and using socialspy I see that the argument proceeds past what it should (i.e. causing emotional harm, etc.) I would personally speak with the culprit and issue him due process of punishment.

[Staff Only]How would you deal with a hacker you have found?
Well, first of all I would never "assume" a player is hacking by word of another or just by what I see in their inventory. I would investigate and try to see if they have simply just found a glitch in our plugins/the game, or if they truly are hacking. Then I would confront the player on the issue and see if they will deny the fact of having the hacks in the first place. On this notion, if I have decided beyond a shadow of a doubt that the player is truly a hacker, then I would temp-ban them (if I have the ability to) for 3-5 days until I were to talk to someone of a higher rank and explain the problem (unless I'm like an Admin or something then I'll take the job into my own hands and either temp-ban them for 10 days if it is a minor hack, or permanently ban them for a major one, depending on what the "staff handbook" (or whatever your rules are) says).

Thank you for this opportunity! ~ XxReeedxX

This is a brilliant application, I would greatly support having you on the staff team. I have sent you a friend request on Discord for further communication.
05/30/2017 7:45 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
XxReeedxXMinecraft
05/30/2017 2:15 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Sir_Rysik
IGN:
Sir_Rysik

Country/Timezone:
US / EST

Discord:
Sir_Rysik

Why are you qualified to be a staff member/builder on BovinusMC?:
-About a year or two ago I used to run a server with a friend. It only lasted about 9 months but in that time I had the chance to build the spawn and a few other places within the server. It also gave me a good opportunity to learn the ropes of being an admin. Eventually we shut it down as we started to see that the server wasn't turning out as expected.
-I also used to be an admin for two years on an old server.

What are some skills you have that make you a better candidate?:
-I personally have around 6+ years of experience with building and about 1 year of moderating within the game.
-Multilingual (English, Spanish)

When can you be online playing BovinusMC?:
Weekdays (excluding Thursday) from around 9 AM- 5 PM

[Builders Only] What styles are you most skilled at building (give 3)?:
In Order
-Medieval
-Ultra Modern
-Fantasy

[Builders Only] Please provide 3 screenshots of builds you have made (in any mode):
-Blacksmith

-Manor

-Stables (Interior)

Thank you for the chance to join your crew!
05/30/2017 6:42 pm
BovinusMC Network
Really like the build, I would love to have you on the team. However in order to contact you I need the 4-number sequence after your Discord name, (for example Bob#1234).
05/30/2017 6:46 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Sir_Rysik
Sorry about that I am actually new to using Discord.
05/29/2017 1:32 pm
BovinusMC Network
thehugemuffinIGN: Thehugemuffin

Country/Timezone: U.S., Central.

Discord: Thehugemuffin #9781

Why are you qualified to be a staff member/builder on BovinusMC? I've been a staff member on dozens of servers for over 3 years, and have more experience then most people could advocate for. I've used this to learn from past mistakes, forging my patience, yet ability to promote a positive environment. I fit the description of
talented and unique staff and builders to help enforce rules and create new community areas to help lighten the burden on current staff
perfectly, because all I know is making it easier for my staff mates, and fellow players, while still executing the rules and boundaries.

What are some skills you have that make you a better candidate? My wide array of experience in being: Admin (Twice), Head-Admin (Twice), Co-Owner (Once), Owner (Once, that was a train wreck because of a lack of funding and support 3 years ago), Moderator/Assistant-Moderator (Once), Builder (Twice), Developer/Plugin-Manager (Twice or so), all put my far ahead of the competition because not only do I know all the basics of commands and duties, but I've learned and perfected things most of the people applying haven't, and I'd love an opportunity to showcase that.

When can you be online playing BovinusMC? Monday-Friday (CT): 8:00AM-4:00PM. Saturday-Sunday (CT): 8:00AM-12:00PM (This can vary).

[Staff Only] How would you deal with 2 people arguing in the main chat? Firstly, both of these scenarios rely on context, so I'll give a generic outline for the following. To begin with, I'd let the conversation continue for a minute, while I analyze what the two players are arguing about (is it spam, is it appropriate/not insulting, etc.). If it happens to be one of those things, and not a light, friendly skirmish, I'd reason with them specifically to what they're fighting about. This would involve creating a solution to the argument, but, if that's not possible, I'd issue a warning to both of them/the instigator. If they continue, warn again, with a stern mute threaten, and then execute the mute for a set amount of time (again, context is important.)

[Staff Only]How would you deal with a hacker you have found? I'd pull out Fraps/take screenshots of any type of evidence I could acquire on the hacker. I'd make 100% sure, that what I've identified is hacking, so as to not wrongfully ban. Depending on my discretion, I would ban this player/give the evidence to someone above me and let them handle it.

Thanks for considering me!

Accepted, I have sent you a friend request on Discord
05/29/2017 1:00 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
thehugemuffin
IGN: Thehugemuffin

Country/Timezone: U.S., Central.

Discord: Thehugemuffin #9781

Why are you qualified to be a staff member/builder on BovinusMC? I've been a staff member on dozens of servers for over 3 years, and have more experience then most people could advocate for. I've used this to learn from past mistakes, forging my patience, yet ability to promote a positive environment. I fit the description of
talented and unique staff and builders to help enforce rules and create new community areas to help lighten the burden on current staff
perfectly, because all I know is making it easier for my staff mates, and fellow players, while still executing the rules and boundaries.

What are some skills you have that make you a better candidate? My wide array of experience in being: Admin (Twice), Head-Admin (Twice), Co-Owner (Once), Owner (Once, that was a train wreck because of a lack of funding and support 3 years ago), Moderator/Assistant-Moderator (Once), Builder (Twice), Developer/Plugin-Manager (Twice or so), all put my far ahead of the competition because not only do I know all the basics of commands and duties, but I've learned and perfected things most of the people applying haven't, and I'd love an opportunity to showcase that.

When can you be online playing BovinusMC? Monday-Friday (CT): 8:00AM-4:00PM. Saturday-Sunday (CT): 8:00AM-12:00PM (This can vary).

[Staff Only] How would you deal with 2 people arguing in the main chat? Firstly, both of these scenarios rely on context, so I'll give a generic outline for the following. To begin with, I'd let the conversation continue for a minute, while I analyze what the two players are arguing about (is it spam, is it appropriate/not insulting, etc.). If it happens to be one of those things, and not a light, friendly skirmish, I'd reason with them specifically to what they're fighting about. This would involve creating a solution to the argument, but, if that's not possible, I'd issue a warning to both of them/the instigator. If they continue, warn again, with a stern mute threaten, and then execute the mute for a set amount of time (again, context is important.)

[Staff Only]How would you deal with a hacker you have found? I'd pull out Fraps/take screenshots of any type of evidence I could acquire on the hacker. I'd make 100% sure, that what I've identified is hacking, so as to not wrongfully ban. Depending on my discretion, I would ban this player/give the evidence to someone above me and let them handle it.

Thanks for considering me!
05/28/2017 11:56 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
ImmortalEren
IGN: ImmortalEren
Country/Timezone: USA, EST
Discord: ImmortalEren#0657
Why are you qualified to be a staff member/builder on BovinusMC? : I've staffed and owned plenty of servers in the four or five years that I've played this game, so I have plenty of experience when it comes to working with others as staff on a server.
What are some skills you have that make you a better candidate? : Management, good at socializing, friendliness, patience, experience.
When can you be online playing BovinusMC? : At least once a day, just about everyday.
[Staff Only] How would you deal with 2 people arguing in the main chat? Warn, Warn, mute if they ignore the second warning
[Staff Only]How would you deal with a hacker you have found? Record evidence, ban if I have the authority. If not, give the evidence over to someone who can.
05/29/2017 1:31 pm
BovinusMC Network
Denied, not enough detail to determine how you'd act as a staff member, if you wish you may re-apply in 1 week's time.
05/28/2017 11:00 pm
BovinusMC Network
Update: Forums and forum ranks set up!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome