X-box 1

masterhand44's Avatar masterhand4412/22/14 6:40 pm
12/22/2014 11:48 pm
Ash's Avatar Ash
I am getting one for christmas. Mostly to play Minecraft
masterhand44
Level 4 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2014 11:48 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Oh my lord this is getting out of hand.

Ok. OP never asked for you to argue that PCs are better than Xboxs. This is NOT the place nor the time (and I do not want to see it again or I so swear) to be discussing this. Warnings are getting handed out. Next time, keep it to the OP and don't hijack the thread.
12/22/2014 11:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
Brothers, this is not how you spread the word of the glorious PC master race.

In no way did OP state that he planned on getting a console over a PC, that consoles were better than PCs, or that he came to the decision that he'd rather have a console than a PC. Your witch-hunting was unneeded and rather childish of you all.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love PCs as much as the next guy. I 100% agree that PCs>Consoles, consoles hold back the industry, yadda yadda yadda, however, this does not mean I will allow this kind of derailing and flaming/arguing that has happened on this thread. If someone asks for a PC build that beats the current 'next-gen' consoles, feel free to post your builds, assert the glorious PC master race, and dictate why PC>consoles. However, if the post is like this one and doesn't even mention PCs please don't derail it with your nonsense.

Locking this as this thread is long-gone. I hope you have a good time with your present, OP.
12/22/2014 11:39 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Charliecho
You can't just compare it to something like that. Only a mentally-challenged (shall not use worse words) race car driver would get a Prius to race in. So are you saying people who own consoles are mentally-challenged? Some people just prefer console gaming. Consoles do different stuff than PCs, and vice versa. Some people prefer consoles, others prefer PCs.
Stop putting words in other people's mouths. Sure it wasn't a great analogy but nowhere does it even imply anything close to that. We don't shun those who enjoy consoles, or at least we shouldn't *cough cough*. It's perfectly fine to game on whatever you want to game on. We simply just wanted to give OP another option to consider since we feel that it would be better for them.
12/22/2014 11:35 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
CreeperThad5
Anyways there are a lot of cool things that you can do on the Xbox that you cannot do on a PC.

Like what exactly?
12/22/2014 11:32 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
TheGrim123321
Guys just let him get the xbox, its his loss.
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
Sorry, back on topic. I personally think it's a waist of money to get Minecraft on a console when you already have it on PC or Mac. You should play other games. I don't s having a prequel in 2016. I doubt my laptop (which is yet better than most PCs) can run it.plan on getting an XBOX One until next Christmas because one of my favorite games i
12/22/2014 11:24 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
All this PC specs and stuff hurts my brain... >_< I always get so confused at that stuff.
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
It's not confusing at all.
Basic PC Building Logic: (Intel i3/5/7-based PC)
CPU: (Usually) Bigger Number = Better CPU
Motherboard: H87, H97 or Z87, Z79 chipset (H if locked CPU, Z if unlocked. Unlocked CPUs have a "k" at the end, Locked CPUs just have a number)
RAM: Cheapest available kit with a suitable amount (Usually 8gb)
Video Card: (Among Brands) Higher Number = Better Card
PSU: Basically anything Corsair, EVGA, or CoolerMaster
Storage: Seagate Barracuda or Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB, 2TB, 3TB)
12/22/2014 11:28 pm
TheGrim123321
Not that confusing, We explain it all at the PC information fourm. pmc-computer-building-general-information-thread-t387346.html
12/22/2014 11:18 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Slimecraft101
I am getting an Xbox One for Christmas as well. We will be known as the 'Christmas Newbs' I have no experience with console whatso ever (unless a Wii counts...). I mainly just want the Xbox so I can play Shape Up
12/22/2014 11:11 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Good lord, you people can't be serious.
Someone's happy to get an Xbox One, and all you do is rain on their parade with "omg pc iz betr".
12/22/2014 11:21 pm
Woodilicious
I'm not trying to be disrespectful in any way in my previous reply, same with this one.

But think of it this way:
Someone wants to be a race car driver.
They buy a $500,000 Prius to race with.
They're not allowed to race on a real track due to their car (for some reason).
Sad racer has to race on the street in his under-powered car.

This situation could've gone this way:
Someone wants to be a race car driver
They buy a $350,000 Lamborghini
They race on race tracks for big money, and win with their fast car
Happy racer does what he wanted to do in the beginning.

You see why everyone's saying that the OP is getting screwed? He's basically doing the first situation I just listed. I know it's the OP's money to spend, but everyone is just telling him that he's not going to get an optimal experience for the money he's spending.
12/22/2014 11:34 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
You can't just compare it to something like that. Only a mentally-challenged (shall not use worse words) race car driver would get a Prius to race in. So are you saying people who own consoles are mentally-challenged? Some people just prefer console gaming. Consoles do different stuff than PCs, and vice versa. Some people prefer consoles, others prefer PCs.
PCs giving you the "optimal experience" might not be the same for others, especially those who prefer games like Halo and Call of Duty, which are a much better experience on consoles. You one-dimensional people who praise PCs and shun everyone who doesn't are the ones who are screwed. The OP is fine. Everyone who likes consoles is fine. Everyone who likes PCs are fine. Everyone who likes both are fine. People who shove their opinions onto others and insult them, like you, ARE screwed.
12/22/2014 11:44 pm
Woodilicious
Okay let me first say that I never said anyone was mentally challenged. You're overreacting. I'm saying that in comparison, spec-to-spec, a console and a PC are like a Prius and a Lamborghini. Nowhere did I say that console-owners are retarded.

I'm also not talking about an optimal experience regarding other games. The OP wanted to play Minecraft. Nowhere did he say Halo or Call of Duty. The optimal Minecraft experience is on PC, period. Console Editions are awful compared to PC Minecraft.

We're not closed-minded people. Most of the people suggesting a PC own consoles themselves. I do too. I occasionally play Minecraft on the PS3. You're accusing me of insulting people, when I clearly stated that I mean no disrespect at all. If anyone's insulting people, it's you people who take offense to anything regarding a PC on a console thread, and scream at people who are recommending the OP to get a PC instead. Nowhere are we forcing them to get a PC. We understand that it's their money, and they can do what they want with it. We're just telling the OP that they're making a not-great choice. I mean the xbone is good for like Forza, but that one single game isn't worth getting a $400 console.
12/22/2014 11:17 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Redified
I know, at least now i know I am not the only one who feels that all of this is unnecessary. I hate it when I am excited about something and then I get put down by someone else, I hate that.
Anyways there are a lot of cool things that you can do on the Xbox that you cannot do on a PC. Plus everyone is entitled to their own opinions so please don't take what they are saying too seriously. Enjoy life, don't let people mess up a chance of happiness.
12/22/2014 11:30 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Can you please list some of these things? I know "struggling to run games 1080p 30fps" is on there but what else?
12/22/2014 11:04 pm
Woodilicious
masterhand44I am getting one for christmas. Mostly to play Minecraft

Are you serious? Are you serious right now? Minecraft on consoles is terrible.
The controls are messed up. The game is still like as basic as it was in Beta.
Minecraft is a PC game. A $200 PC could run Minecraft in the state it's in on the xbox at a higher framerate with better settings.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but seriously? You're getting a $400 console to play a game optimized for PC?
12/22/2014 10:36 pm
Halorules555
SasukeUchiha2214
halorules555
TheGrim123321
I have a pc older then that, and it runs dos.

That's because gaming consoles were different back then. Your PC is less fragile because it's less complicated then modern computers. Just because you have had something longer than something newer doesn't mean it will live longer. I know it's sounds like I'm going back on my word but computers from the 80's are more complicated than consoles from the 90's.

Um... more complicated does not mean more fragile. It might mean if you like dropkick it it'll be more fragile, but mostly that doesnt decide if its more fragile.

The more complicated the more things that can go wrong. When I say complicated I mean there are more components smaller and weaker. It does actually make it more fragile.
12/22/2014 9:51 pm
TheGrim123321
[q]
TheGrim123321
n8mo
CheesyRiceI have an Xbox One, and I really like it. Sure, it's not as powerful as a PC but it's still fun to play the games only for it like Forza. (Plus legends on Fifa)

You are the first person from the PC club that didn't recommend a build to him.
I applaud you, I hate all of these people that give part lists to people that have gotten or will be getting consoles.[/quote
And we hate you to, peasant filth.
I'm not "peasant filth" I have a PC. I just understand the appeal behind consoles. I'm also a nice person, unlike you.

Oh no im a nice person, you clearly stated you hated me first. So that kinda makes you the unnice person.
12/22/2014 9:50 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
halorules555
TheGrim123321
halorules555
It's a fact that consoles can last longer. The Nintendo 64 was made in 1996 and I just happen to have one that works.

That's because gaming consoles were different back then. Your PC is less fragile because it's less complicated then modern computers. Just because you have had something longer than something newer doesn't mean it will live longer. I know it's sounds like I'm going back on my word but computers from the 80's are more complicated than consoles from the 90's.

I wanted to avoid this thread, because we all know how it's gonna end but this, what do you even mean more complicated? And more fragile? I'm confused at what you're trying to get at.

While I agree trying to help is nice, and we all do it, some people get out of hand doing it. I'd like to point out the benefits of owning a PC over a console, but most likely OP has already gotten the gift, so too late now. But OP, I would like you to know that building a PC is very simple, and will save you money in the long run. Games are cheaper, you do not have to upgrade for every title, and you do not need to spend more than 600-700 to max out every game at 1080p.

Also guys, this is not the best place to be calling people peasants.... I'd ease back on that....
12/22/2014 9:45 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
HELLO This thread is about xbox one not a fight about console vs pc

you can recommend all you want but the OP is getting an Xbox one...Christmas is like tomorrow you cant really change presents now
12/22/2014 9:38 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
I have an Xbox One, and I really like it. Sure, it's not as powerful as a PC but it's still fun to play the games only for it like Forza. (Plus legends on Fifa)
12/22/2014 9:50 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Nor is it as powerful as the PS4. Hehehe, Xbox is the weakest right now =9
12/22/2014 10:04 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
Meh. I bought an Xbone with my brother, Mainly for Forza Horizon 2, Forza 5, and Fifa 15 (legends). I don't really play any games that you can get on PS4 the same way, so we went with Xbone.
12/22/2014 9:47 pm
TheGrim123321
And you call your self a member of the PC group. Peasant Filth. (JK I play PS3, but PC is better)
12/22/2014 9:46 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
You are the first person from the PC club that didn't recommend a build to him.
I applaud you, I hate all of these people that give part lists to people that have gotten or will be getting consoles.
12/22/2014 9:48 pm
TheGrim123321
And we hate you to, peasant filth.
12/22/2014 9:49 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
I'm not "peasant filth" I have a PC. I just understand the appeal behind consoles. I'm also a nice person, unlike you.
12/22/2014 9:38 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
halorules555
TheGrim123321
halorules555
It's a fact that consoles can last longer. The Nintendo 64 was made in 1996 and I just happen to have one that works.

Um... more complicated does not mean more fragile. It might mean if you like dropkick it it'll be more fragile, but mostly that doesnt decide if its more fragile.
12/22/2014 9:35 pm
TheGrim123321
halorules555
TheGrim123321
halorules555

Either way pc is better.
12/22/2014 9:31 pm
Halorules555
TheGrim123321
halorules555

12/22/2014 9:26 pm
TheGrim123321
Legit the first xbox has not much diffrent hard ware from the xbox one.
12/22/2014 9:22 pm
HassanPCMR
halorules555
SasukeUchiha2214Well Nintendo products are a completely different story. But with todays consoles, they wont be able to run modern games (even though games will get slowed down by console to make them run) after 3 years, and will break after 6. A pc of the same price will be able to run modern games for 5 years, wont break till 10+ years.

Modern consoles are more complicated leading them to be more fragile. But if you treat it well enough you could exceed expectations.

More complicated? Whats more complicated? The potato hardware from 2010?
12/22/2014 9:21 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Just going to put this here. Thanks Linus!

[yt]8FYyeas1Thw[/yt]
12/22/2014 9:21 pm
HassanPCMR
Also this is probably gonna get locked for "flame war" and theres a high chance that mods will get mad at us pc group people for helping someone who has been mislead and misinformed by these evil people who make potatoboxes.
12/22/2014 9:20 pm
Halorules555
SasukeUchiha2214Well Nintendo products are a completely different story. But with todays consoles, they wont be able to run modern games (even though games will get slowed down by console to make them run) after 3 years, and will break after 6. A pc of the same price will be able to run modern games for 5 years, wont break till 10+ years.

Modern consoles are more complicated leading them to be more fragile. But if you treat it well enough you could exceed expectations.
12/22/2014 9:20 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
xmx1024
http://l.shayden.co/1ABPt0D "A long guide covering the advantages of PC gaming over console gaming"
12/22/2014 9:18 pm
TheGrim123321
halorules555
David5886
Charliecho
Oh, and from experience, computers don't last as long as consoles <3

You must have a pretty bad experience. My dad has had his PC for about 8 years now and runs most games well, the more modern ones it stuggles with at low setting, I keep telling him its time to upgrade but he keeps saying he can get a couple of more years out of it, and hes probably right.

12/22/2014 9:17 pm
HassanPCMR
Well Nintendo products are a completely different story. But with todays consoles, they wont be able to run modern games (even though games will get slowed down by consoles because games will have to be runable on those potatoboxes.) after 3 years, and will break after 6. A pc of the same price will be able to run modern games for 5 years, wont break till 10+ years.
12/22/2014 9:12 pm
Halorules555
David5886
Charliecho

You must have a pretty bad experience. My dad has had his PC for about 8 years now and runs most games well, the more modern ones it stuggles with at low setting, I keep telling him its time to upgrade but he keeps saying he can get a couple of more years out of it, and hes probably right.

12/22/2014 9:05 pm
HassanPCMR
When i see all this console peasantry:

12/22/2014 9:03 pm
TheGrim123321
samus0374Ok ok ok, so what all you pc dudes are saying, is that you can build a PC thats better than the Xbox One for the same price... Tell me how running games like BF4 and COD Advanced Warfare on this amazing machine goes, i'm sure they'll work just fine.

BF4 requirments
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or better
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-Bit (with KB971512 System Update)
Video Card: 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better
Free Disk Space: 30 GB

Really the build randomess did can run this easily.
12/22/2014 9:03 pm
HassanPCMR
Actually you could run bf4 on 1000x better settings 1080p 45 fps with this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9H2rP6
12/22/2014 9:04 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
No GPU?
12/22/2014 9:05 pm
HassanPCMR
APU is in there.
12/22/2014 9:02 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
Ok ok ok, so what all you pc dudes are saying, is that you can build a PC thats better than the Xbox One for the same price... Tell me how running games like BF4 and COD Advanced Warfare on this amazing machine goes, i'm sure they'll work just fine.

P.s. I like Pcs, i just think this is pretty outrageous.
12/22/2014 9:06 pm
TheGrim123321
This is my pc build, I just ran BF4 on it, and I avreged 60fps on high settings.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Biostar B85MG Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($134.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $380.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-22 21:05 EST-0500
12/22/2014 8:36 pm
David5886
n8mo
Charliecho
TheGrim123321*throws up* You can build a pc for the same price, that is alot better.

Lol he's talking about an Xbox One, not a PC. So leave. I'm tired of going to posts about consoles and stuff just to see people telling them to get/build a PC. If they want a console, they want a console. Very different from a PC. I prefer PC, but when someone is talking about Xbox or PlayStation, I don't go out and say "g3t a pc, it b3tt3r den dat" cause not everyone wants a PC.

This.

I seriously wish that PMC would put a ban on posts slandering consoles/macs/laptops, it's getting out of hand.

No, then most people would waste money and people would be less educated on what they are getting. I find it helpful, I would just ignore them if you dont like the posts so much.
12/22/2014 8:34 pm
David5886
If he says he is getting one, Theres no point to having him build one. He is probably getting it as a gift and he found out or someone told him, I am not exactly sure but that is usually how it is in my family.
12/22/2014 8:33 pm
David5886
Charliecho

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome