Build Suggestions

Devilsgamer666's Avatar Devilsgamer6667/25/15 9:50 pm
1 emeralds 859 6
7/27/2015 7:15 pm
Devilsgamer666's Avatar Devilsgamer666
Hello to any who view this.

So I am going to build a Medieval town and I would like a suggestion of what to start on E.G: Bakery, Slums, guard house.

In addition I also Would like a suggestion of what texture pack to use, Preferably a Photo realistic, RPG, or fantasy pack.

if you feel a different pack that does not fit that list but still fits the theme would work suggest that too.

Resolution does not matter.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Devilsgamer666
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/27/2015 7:15 pm
Devilsgamer666
Thank you all for your great suggestions.

I am going to do what GerganaGZ said to do and start with the Town hall
07/27/2015 6:05 am
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Desotar
So if you build something medievil and want a lot of details snack yourself the Conquest ressource pack. With it's meta datas you have around 200 alternative textures for blocks = For example ID 30 is cobweb, 30:1 is a bottle (Which has 3 alternative textures + 2 textures for other biomes) It takes a while to get used to it but once you have it you wont ever let it go again.

Also a tipp on building. Don't get to much! If you are building alone think of something small that you can enhance with the time. If you have a plan of 50 buildings you will most likely lose interest at the 15th. So maybe first build a tavern some houses and a small market and enhance your build afterwards.

For my project I created 4 districts - Kathedral District, Mage District, Harbor District & Poor District. - Buildings: Bakeries,Blacksmiths,Taverns,General Goods, Bank, Kathedral, Castle, Ship, Market with stands, Mage Tower, Statues, Graveyard, Docks, City Walls and Towers aswell as a shipyard. Should be enough inspiration for you ^^. If not check my project site on my profile for more than only Human builds

Sorry for my bad english and the long text I hope it helps See you around and good luck on your project
07/27/2015 3:20 am
cowmanmine
When I'm building, I start with the main castle.

P.s: If you want some inspiration, look at my lets build videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9pKyaDxOc
07/27/2015 1:21 am
Level 43 : Master Musician
GerganaGZ
Why you don't start with the Town Hall, I mean..why not? And from then you can start to build first some houses, later farms, later a bakery, the market, etc.... And actually FalseKing's suggestion probably is pretty good, so try to make a city like Kings Landing..
For texture pack for medieval theme I prefer Misa's realistic texture pack (I don't know if it have updated to 1.8, but probably have for 1.7, so that is not problem)
07/25/2015 10:52 pm
Devilsgamer666
It is most assuredly a very impressive build and i thank you for informing me of it.
07/25/2015 10:24 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
FalseKing
A medieval town, you say?
I suggest looking around in Kings Landing. It's a giant recreation of a city of Game of Thrones. I suggest using a JohnSmith texture pack, that's pretty HD.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome