Building a Gaming PC Need Help!

Xazzy215's Avatar Xazzy2158/19/14 3:39 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 78
8/20/2014 11:54 am
-Baron's Avatar -Baron
Hey guys, Xazzy here, and I have been saving up for a while, and I am going to build a high budget gaming pc! My budget is about 2500$, but I can go over if needed. Im hoping to build the best pc I can. I have never built a PC before, so I need your guys help to direct me to some parts that I need.

What is this computer going to be used for?
-Gaming, Video Editing, School Work
What is your budget?
-$2500 USD
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
-US, I have a Microcenter relatively close by.
What is included in the budget?
-Everything minus the monitor
Will you be overclocking?
-Im not sure whether overclocking is good for my build, so I need some guidance there aswell.
Will you be reusing any parts?
-Monitor
What OS do you want?
-Windows 7 or 8
Any specific case preferences?
-Preferably black, and one of the bigger ones
Any other special features that you want in the build?
-An SSD if it isn't too expensive.

I hope my answers can help you guys find the right parts for me. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help a fellow PMCer like me. One last thing. I am not sure if spending this amount of money is worth it. Should I go cheaper, or is bigger the way to go? I will be playing some of the next-gen games so I was hoping to get a desktop that could handle that while recording.
Xazzy215
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/20/2014 11:54 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
-Baron
Don't start flame wars unless you want a thread locked.

Locked.
08/20/2014 4:15 am
Level 1 : New Miner
P1ckaxe9
Hey man I'm planning on building a gaming pc too... I've done some research and this is what i came up with: pcpartpicker.com/p/3b0B3
Take a look at that. Of course you can modify it if you wand. But for me this can do everything i want and more Hope it helped...
08/20/2014 8:26 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Can you go make your own thread?
Then can you answer these questions:
Replace the italicized text with your answers.
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Size, color, etc.
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi
08/20/2014 5:07 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
There are some reasons that that build isn't good.

1st: The CPU is 3rd gen.
2nd: You don't need 16GB of RAM right now (8GB is more than enough)
3rd: The HDD is overpriced. You can get a Seagate Barracuda or Western Digital Caviar Blue for less.
4th: For a $1k build, there are better GPUs than that.
5th: You don't need that PSU. at the top right corner, you can see "Estimated Wattage: 265W" and you threw in a 750W PSU.
6th: You can get a cheaper case.
7th: The Wi-Fi adapter is overpriced.
8th: The motherboard might need a BIOS update.
9th: The motherboard doesn't have USB 3.0 ports.
08/20/2014 4:08 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Find Them Creepers
57r4d
53MP3RF1

08/19/2014 9:24 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Marvel Geek
oh hey Xazzy

sorry u were banned from the server

Reason: Inactivity

dont lock, i have just been trying to get in contact for a bit mods

...Why would you ban someone for being inactive?
08/19/2014 9:21 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Marvel Geek
Xazzy215Hey guys, Xazzy here, and I have been saving up for a while, and I am going to build a high budget gaming pc! My budget is about 2500$, but I can go over if needed. Im hoping to build the best pc I can. I have never built a PC before, so I need your guys help to direct me to some parts that I need.

-Gaming, Video Editing, School Work
What is your budget?
-$2500 USD
-US, I have a Microcenter relatively close by.
-Everything minus the monitor
-Im not sure whether overclocking is good for my build, so I need some guidance there aswell.
-Monitor
What OS do you want?
-Windows 7 or 8
-Preferably black, and one of the bigger ones
-An SSD if it isn't too expensive.

I hope my answers can help you guys find the right parts for me. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help a fellow PMCer like me. One last thing. I am not sure if spending this amount of money is worth it. Should I go cheaper, or is bigger the way to go? I will be playing some of the next-gen games so I was hoping to get a desktop that could handle that while recording.

oh hey Xazzy

sorry u were banned from the server

Reason: Inactivity

dont lock, i have just been trying to get in contact for a bit mods
08/19/2014 9:15 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Alien
Punkred
08/19/2014 9:19 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd
ColbaltHD
why are you appluading
08/19/2014 8:52 pm
ColbaltHD
57r4d
53MP3RF1

08/19/2014 8:46 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
Find Them Creepers
57r4d
53MP3RF1

^
08/19/2014 8:42 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
57r4d
53MP3RF1

08/19/2014 8:35 pm
Leeberator
Randomness3333
53MP3RF1

+1

08/19/2014 8:32 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
53MP3RF1

+1
08/19/2014 8:31 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
53MP3RF1

08/19/2014 8:20 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
Whoo. Alright.

I'm speaking directly to punkred, because I personally believe that he is purposely doing this and is trying to spread distrust in the fact that there are various people here on PMC who are genuinely interested in helping people save money by building their PCs versus buying them from a company like Alienware, DigitalStorm, iBuyPower, Revolve PC, etc.

I'll start with the first post I have seen you say on the tech and games section, on this thread.

Punkredfor 1000 you can get a new monitor, gpu, cpu and power supply. Wtf is up with all these threads where people insist on spending over 1000 on a computer or computer part. This needs to stop. Also above all things this is the last place on earth you should ever go to for help with picking out computer parts. People here are dumb as nails and you dont want to be told false information

First of all, your first statement makes no sense compared to the rest of your comment. That, and then followed up with "Wtf is up with all these threads where people insist on spending over 1000 on a computer or computer part." makes it even worse. The reason someone would ask on a forum about a computer is because they have a question about it - you don't know exactly who they are. Maybe the last time they bought a PC, it was back in the days of the Pentium 4, and they assume these crazy new parts are all hundreds, if not thousands of dollars each. You can't say that to someone if you don't know their knowledgeability about a certain subject. Finally, your last statement. "Also above all things this is the last place on earth you should ever go to for help with picking out computer parts. People here are dumb as nails and you dont want to be told false information". The people ON THIS FORUM have created a topic warranting a sticky from a mod on the site. If another mod thought that they were wrong, they would have probably unstickied it by now. It's an information topic, and I'll link you to it here.

Here's the second post you made on the same thread.

PunkredYeah because you totally need to encourage all these children to break the bank over things they wont ever take full advantage of such as 1200watt power supplies, 120hz monitors and 4 way sli titans. Might aswell add an easy bake oven while were at it and new beats by doctor derp. No matter how many people reply to these threads stating they dont need to spend so much another thread exactly the same emerges. Nobody reads here

On this thread, note immediately prior that the original poster had put in a build with one of the parts you spoke of (1200w PSU). Soon after, several people were correcting the OP and helping them to make their build better. I ended up suggesting some winning parts to the OP (an r9 290, a nice BenQ 60hz monitor, and a 500w PSU, which totaled to around $585 before rebates). However, no one ever implied that it would be necessary to spend someone's money on a 4-way SLI GTX Titan. I don't understand why you're trying to spread these lies throughout a thread when people are obviously trying to help an original poster to get the best out of their money for their budget. If you didn't have anything good to contribute to the thread in the first place, why would you contribute to it badly?

Now, your third post.

PunkredIts an over exaggeration. I would hope to think people would know i wasnt being serious but then again people still think they need an alienware to run minecraft on lowest settings.

If it's an over exaggeration, why would you say it on a help thread? You have to remember, not everyone is as knowledgeable (?) with PCs are you or I are, and so it's a bad thing to over-exaggerate to someone who may know little or nothing. Someone may very well think that you need an Alienware PC to run Minecraft on low settings - that's where you or I come in, to help correct them and set them right in their thinking - I was able to get perfectly steady games with an Intel HD 3000, so Minecraft really isn't too hard to run.

Fourth post. I'll just stop numbering them now and just start listing them and then my own rebuttals.

PunkredMuch praise to the 5 or 6. High five guys, he came into a thread looking for a graphics card but leaves with a new monitor and power supply. We nearly did it almost got him to get a new cpu. We'll just have to try again in a new thread

This is a direct insult to the people who work to help people on this forum. Just because we're trying to help someone update their PC to a modern gaming machine, doesn't mean that we're the villains. What do you mean, "We nearly did it almost got him to get a new CPU"? The OP had asked for a graphics card, and we suggested things similar to a graphics card - the monitor, the graphics card itself, and because the PSU may not be able to support the new card, a new PSU. We're trying to help people, so I don't understand why you were continuing to post in that thread. You seem like you were just trying to create a flame war. If you didn't have anything good to contribute to the thread in the first place, why would you contribute to it badly?

Punkredill just leave this here

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... g~original

Youre better off making your own decision like the guy under me has stated. Do your own research, pick the parts you feel comfortable with. What works for others isnt always the best solution for you. Nobody is going to see this computer except you and if you really want to show it off for a larger e-pen dont do it on pmc

First of all, I can't read a word of whatever that photobucket album was, and if anything, it's less reliable to trust it than the people who are in real-time on PMC, as the parts on it may not be up-to-date. Secondly, I don't understand what you meant by "Nobody is going to see this computer except you and if you really want to show it off for a larger e-pen dont do it on pmc". No one in that thread had implied that showing off a PC was going to boost an ego, and no one in the thread had implied to show off a PC in the first place. Finally, I just don't understand what you mean by "Do your own research, pick the parts you feel comfortable with. What works for others isnt always the best solution for you." We have talked together about various parts versus each other, and we have picked what are the best parts. For a higher budget (and for most budgets, unless someone doesn't intend to upgrade), Intel CPUs are going to outdo AMD's, and for GPUs, the similarly capable ones have all the same features, but AMD GPUs generally cost less. So, you won't need to spend as much money for the same performance - And besides, GameDVR, AMD's answer to Shadowplay, is now rolled out, so you won't have any trouble there, either.

Now, moving on to this thread.

Punkred
Afootpluto
No just no.
That build is terrible.

Explain?

If you had looked back a little bit, you would have seen Afoot did in fact say why the build was bad, and cite a source as to why 16GB of RAM isn't necessary for gaming (GOOD ON YOU AFOOT!!! ). I still don't understand where you come from with these posts. You seem like you know everything, but I don't see you suggesting a build, or anything of the sort. I only ever see you criticizing other peoples' builds. If you didn't have anything good to contribute to the thread in the first place, why would you contribute to it badly?

Punkred
AfootplutoYou will never need that extra stuff until a long time from now. And by then that build will be outdated.

Outdated in terms of what? Newer more overpriced parts? Im genuinely curious as to what you consider outdated

In general, when new parts come out, they originally start out priced higher than their older counterparts, but nothing about this makes them overpriced. Giving it a few months, they drop back to the same prices as their older pieces were before the new ones came out, and the older ones drop in price even lower. Give the word "overprice" a break. There's a definite value for things, and often RAM is valued somewhere between $60 and $70 for 8GB of DDR3-1600MHz RAM. Anything more is actually overpriced, and anything below is a great deal. The fact that a new product comes out doesn't mean it's "Outdated". I have an i7-4770k in my PC right now, and it probably won't need to be upgraded until Skylake (6th Generation Intel CPUs) comes out.

Punkred
KillertoadIt is terrible. A 4770k with a h87? You can't even overclock it. Why spend more, when you can't use it?

I could go on, but I'm sure you'll have something else to say, and I'll have to re explain it.

So because you cant overclock it, its terrible. I understand you pc guys loud and clear now. Guess my phenom II 955 BE non OC and HD 7950 are too outdated to play 60+ fps on maxed out games this current gen. Too outdated bro. I really do get a kick out of this community

I really don't know why you're trying to cause a flame war. It's a REALLY simple discussion, and killertoad is providing a perfect reason. Why WOULD you spend more on something you can't use? If I bought a Bugatti as a street car, I would have paid a lot more for the extra speed and horsepower, but if I only ever go about 60 miles per hour on the highway, I could have bought a Subaru and done the same, for a lot cheaper. And no, the fact you're using an older CPU and a 7950 doesn't mean your rig can't play Maxed out games. All it means is that you may not be able to max out the games that are coming out nowadays, because their increased need for more system resources.

Punkred
ColbaltHD
Ok, we are trying to help and you're being ignorant is not helping anyone. Honestly, I don't think you know what your talking about. I think this because who in there right mind matches a phenom II 955 BE with a 7950.

Ignorant? I dont think ive ever played that game. Is it on steam?

If you didn't have anything good to contribute to the thread in the first place, why would you contribute to it badly?

Punkred
ColbaltHDPlease stop being a smart donkey, we are actually trying to assist the OP, not aggravate everyone until the point to where this thread turns into a flame ware.

Who is flaming again, i just dont see it anywhere? I mean you throw around ignorant like its a piece of meat and then yell flame war. I must be missing something here. Is there another member in this chat flaming?

Punkred
KillertoadBecause you're aggravating people. You're telling false information, and trying to act like you know what you're talking about. Then arguing with others when they call out your BS.

Someone is upset i asked them to present information as to why they told another user his build was "terrible"? Also what false information is being spread and where am i arguing? I would like direct quotes please.

Punkred
ColbaltHDThis sarcasm of yours is considered arguing.

I dont remember sarcasm being considered as arguing.

If you didn't have anything good to contribute to the thread in the first place, why would you contribute to it badly?

Punkred
KillertoadHe said why, it was said twice. You can't read.

On other threads, you talking about not needing to spend so much money on stuff, after you had be proven wrong.

Punkred
I understand you pc guys loud and clear now. Guess my phenom II 955 BE non OC and HD 7950 are too outdated to play 60+ fps on maxed out games this current gen. Too outdated bro. I really do get a kick out of this community

Trying to sound like a smart butt.

Punkred

Trying to be funny I guess? I dunno.

Punkred
I really need to figure out where i can buy this game. Could you possibly help me find it at a great deal from pcpartpicker?

Once again, being "funny".

Asks for a game on a pc hardware site? Even a console person would know that's not where you get them.

You're just making yourself look stupid, and like you don't know what you're talking about.

Where am i spreading lies, arguing and flaming people here? I didnt ask for quotes relating to me being funny or stupid. Seeing as you cannot provide such evidence i will simply remove myself from this thread. A 14 year old just called me ignorant and a liar i might go commit suicide now

PunkredWhere am i spreading lies, arguing and flaming people here? I didnt ask for quotes relating to me being funny or stupid. Seeing as you cannot provide such evidence i will simply remove myself from this thread. A 14 year old just called me ignorant and a liar i might go commit suicide now

PunkredA 14 year old just called me ignorant and a liar i might go commit suicide now

Are you serious. Are you kidding me? Are you being totally serious right now? Are you taking SUICIDE as a joke? This is wrong, Punkred. I don't care who you are, I really don't care why I made this post, I honestly don't care why you're even here, but I cannot BELIEVE you would be so ignorant as to treat suicide as a trivial matter. You really, really, REALLY need to look at what you said, think about it for a long while, and figure out why it is so wrong. Suicide is killing yourself. No matter who does it, it's a sad, traumatic, and horrible business. No one should ever commit suicide, and yet it happens. And part of the reason why suicide is still a problem today is because of the same reasons that misogyny and racism and other horrible practices are still here today. People trivialize them. For example, "Go make me a sandwich, you don't belong outside of the kitchen." That's a terrible term and I would be offended and gravely angry if someone were ever to say it to me. The same goes with calling someone who is black the n word, or calling an asian person a... Well, I won't go into it. Point is, what you're doing is further perpetuating the trivialization of life-threatening (and life-ending) practices like suicide. It's bad. Please, please, I urge you to never use that phrase in a casual or trivial manner again. Thank you.
08/19/2014 8:11 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Punkred

Where am i spreading lies, arguing and flaming people here? I didnt ask for quotes relating to me being funny or stupid.

here's one.
Punkredfor 1000 you can get a new monitor, gpu, cpu and power supply. Wtf is up with all these threads where people insist on spending over 1000 on a computer or computer part. This needs to stop. Also above all things this is the last place on earth you should ever go to for help with picking out computer parts. People here are dumb as nails and you dont want to be told false information

You don't know what you're talking about. But everyone one of your quotes are you saying stuff that is stupid though, kinda hard to avoid it.

Punkred
Seeing as you cannot provide such evidence i will simply remove myself from this thread. A 14 year old just called me ignorant and a liar i might go commit suicide now

Good, no one wants you here. And yeah, because age doesn't decide how smart you are, he's obviously smarter than you. And wow, suicide is something to joke about.
08/19/2014 8:11 pm
Afootpluto
I wish this existed
08/19/2014 8:03 pm
Punkred
KillertoadHe said why, it was said twice. You can't read.

On other threads, you talking about not needing to spend so much money on stuff, after you had be proven wrong.

Punkred
I understand you pc guys loud and clear now. Guess my phenom II 955 BE non OC and HD 7950 are too outdated to play 60+ fps on maxed out games this current gen. Too outdated bro. I really do get a kick out of this community

Punkred

Punkred
I really need to figure out where i can buy this game. Could you possibly help me find it at a great deal from pcpartpicker?

Asks for a game on a pc hardware site? Even a console person would know that's not where you get them.

You're just making yourself look stupid, and like you don't know what you're talking about.

Where am i spreading lies, arguing and flaming people here? I didnt ask for quotes relating to me being funny or stupid. Seeing as you cannot provide such evidence i will simply remove myself from this thread. A 14 year old just called me ignorant and a liar i might go commit suicide now
08/19/2014 8:00 pm
Killertoad
Punkred
KillertoadBecause you're aggravating people. You're telling false information, and trying to act like you know what you're talking about. Then arguing with others when they call out your BS.

Someone is upset i asked them to present information as to why they told another user his build was "terrible"? Also what false information is being spread and where am i arguing? I would like direct quotes please.

He said why, it was said twice. You can't read.

Punkred

Punkred

Punkred

08/19/2014 7:58 pm
Punkred
ColbaltHDThis sarcasm of yours is considered arguing.

I dont remember sarcasm being considered as arguing.
08/19/2014 7:56 pm
ColbaltHD
Punkred
KillertoadIt is terrible. A 4770k with a h87? You can't even overclock it. Why spend more, when you can't use it?

I could go on, but I'm sure you'll have something else to say, and I'll have to re explain it.

So because you cant overclock it, its terrible. I understand you pc guys loud and clear now. Guess my phenom II 955 BE non OC and HD 7950 are too outdated to play 60+ fps on maxed out games this current gen. Too outdated bro. I really do get a kick out of this community

This sarcasm of yours is considered arguing.
08/19/2014 7:54 pm
Punkred

08/19/2014 7:49 pm
Killertoad
Punkred
ColbaltHDPlease stop being a smart donkey, we are actually trying to assist the OP, not aggravate everyone until the point to where this thread turns into a flame ware.

Who is flaming again, i just dont see it anywhere? I mean you throw around ignorant like its a piece of meat and then yell flame war. I must be missing something here. Is there another member in this chat flaming?

Because you're aggravating people. You're telling false information, and trying to act like you know what you're talking about. Then arguing with others when they call out your BS.
08/19/2014 7:46 pm
Punkred

08/19/2014 7:44 pm
ColbaltHD
Punkred
KillertoadYep, you can't read. Don't think he ever insisted that it was game, don't know where you got that assumption from, but then again you are spewing random things out of your mouth, so I don't see why this surprises me.

Please stop being a smart donkey, we are actually trying to assist the OP, not aggravate everyone until the point to where this thread turns into a flame ware.
08/19/2014 7:41 pm
Killertoad
Punkred
Afootpluto

Yeah man this post is completely out of line

Afootpluto
That build is terrible.

It was completely in line. He told the OP that it's a bad build. Then you get on here, not knowing what you're saying, and trying to argue with everyone.
08/19/2014 7:36 pm
Afootpluto
08/19/2014 7:39 pm
Punkred
Yeah man this post is completely out of line. Better call my goon squad to evacuate

Afootpluto
That build is terrible.
08/19/2014 7:35 pm
Punkred
KillertoadYep, you can't read. Don't think he ever insisted that it was game, don't know where you got that assumption from, but then again you are spewing random things out of your mouth, so I don't see why this surprises me.

08/19/2014 7:33 pm
Killertoad
Punkred
ColbaltHD
Ok, we are trying to help and you're being ignorant is not helping anyone. Honestly, I don't think you know what your talking about. I think this because who in there right mind matches a phenom II 955 BE with a 7950.

Yep, you can't read. Don't think he ever insisted that it was game, don't know where you got that assumption from, but then again you are spewing random things out of your mouth, so I don't see why this surprises me.
08/19/2014 7:30 pm
Punkred
ColbaltHD

08/19/2014 7:28 pm
Killertoad
Punkred

You completely took that out of context. Can you not read?

He put a overclocking CPU with a non overclocking motherboard. If you knew anything, you'd see that. Why would OP pay more just to not get to do, what the chip is designed for?

And yeah, your phenom is out dated. Anything that is old, is outdated, that's how stuff works. h/z87 is out dated. Haswell is about to be outdated. The r7/9 2xx cards, the GTX 7xx cards, are about to be outdated.
08/19/2014 7:28 pm
ColbaltHD
Punkred

08/19/2014 7:25 pm
Punkred

08/19/2014 7:21 pm
Killertoad
Punkred
Afootpluto
It is very overpriced.

I mean i wouldnt call it terrible. It gives him alot of time before he will even need to consider upgrading and its cheaper than what he asked

It is terrible. A 4770k with a h87? You can't even overclock it. Why spend more, when you can't use it?

Edit: pmc-computer-building-general-information-thread-t387346.html
08/19/2014 7:20 pm
Punkred
AfootplutoYou will never need that extra stuff until a long time from now. And by then that build will be outdated.

Outdated in terms of what? Newer more overpriced parts? Im genuinely curious as to what you consider outdated
08/19/2014 7:17 pm
Afootpluto
Punkred
Afootpluto
It is very overpriced.

I mean i wouldnt call it terrible. It gives him alot of time before he will even need to consider upgrading and its cheaper than what he asked

You will never need that extra stuff until a long time from now. And by then that build will be outdated.
08/19/2014 7:15 pm
Punkred
Afootpluto
It is very overpriced.

08/19/2014 7:14 pm
Afootpluto
Punkred
Afootpluto
Read my last post.

Doesnt exactly explain why its "terrible".

It is very overpriced.
08/19/2014 7:13 pm
Punkred
Afootpluto
Read my last post.

Doesnt exactly explain why its "terrible".
08/19/2014 7:11 pm
Afootpluto
Punkred
Afootpluto
No just no.
That build is terrible.

Explain?

Read my last post.
08/19/2014 7:10 pm
Punkred
Afootpluto
No just no.
That build is terrible.

Explain?
08/19/2014 7:09 pm
Afootpluto
Skioopcpartpicker.com/p/kZNZXL

This build will allow you to overclocking (overclocking is increasing the stock clock speed of your cpu/gpu)

You can't overclock on that MOBO
SkiooThis GPU is the fasted gaming gpu you can get.

No it is not. And you can get a R9 290X for a $100 cheaper and have the same performance.
Skioothe 4770k allows you to overclock and also has hyperthreading, which is great for video editing and games will soon be able to take advantage of the technology.

Most games today don't use more than four cores. And by the time games start to use more cores the the 4770k will be outdated.
Skioothe build also includes 16gbs of ram, tons for gaming and editing.

You don't need 16 GB of RAM for gaming.
08/19/2014 7:07 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice

This build will allow you to overclocking (overclocking is increasing the stock clock speed of your cpu/gpu)

This GPU is the fasted gaming gpu you can get.

the h80i is a great cooler.

the 4770k allows you to overclock and also has hyperthreading, which is great for video editing and games will soon be able to take advantage of the technology.

it includes windows 8.1 pro. great os.

the 840 evo is one of the fasted ssd's on the market for your os boot and games.

3 tbs of hdd is plenty.

the build also includes 16gbs of ram, tons for gaming and editing.

this build is likely overkill, yet fits in your budget leaving you about $500 for peripherals.

You cant overclock with that build and its pretty outdated. Lemme start.

1. The 4770k is now outdated. The 4790k isnt much more and provides a higher clock overclock.

2. An h87 cant overclock... and its outdated. You would need a nice z97.

3. 16gb of ram is overkill for just about anything. It wont be used here.

4. OP will probably not need a 3tb drive and even if they do that one is expensive

5. Theres really no reason to get a 780 ti when an r9 290x is cheaper and performs almost just as good. It probably have like a 3-5 frame difference at most.
08/19/2014 6:46 pm
Afootpluto

the 4770k allows you to overclock and also has hyperthreading, which is great for video editing and games will soon be able to take advantage of the technology.

the 840 evo is one of the fasted ssd's on the market for your os boot and games.

3 tbs of hdd is plenty.

this build is likely overkill, yet fits in your budget leaving you about $500 for peripherals.

No just no.
That build is terrible.
08/19/2014 6:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Skioo
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kZNZXL

3 tbs of hdd is plenty.

08/19/2014 6:10 pm
Leeberator
Yeah, the 800 series GPUs are scheduled to come out pretty soon, so I'd wait and see what happens.
08/19/2014 6:03 pm
Xazzy215
I'll keep an eye out. If waiting until 880ti coming out will drop the price of my build, then I might wait it out.
08/19/2014 6:01 pm
Xazzy215
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm still not sure between the 290 and the 780Ti. I think I will end up going with the 780ti. Do you guys think that the 880ti coming out will make the 780ti drop in price?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome