Bukkit Coding For Dummies

elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er8/20/14 12:24 am
1 emeralds 582 8
8/22/2014 12:26 pm
elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er
This project started out as a school project, and is tremendously growing to be a full "tutorial" on how to write Bukkit plugins. It shows everything from the basics of creating a Hello World plugin, to how to tie your plugin in with Vault. Even those who don't know Java can hopefully follow along with this tutorial. Anyways, if you missed it before, HERE'S a link to the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAB ... okPn5-5TY/

In the near future, I'm hoping to release YouTube videos to go side-by-side with the guide. Each "lesson" will have it's own dedicated video which can be watched from the tutorial itself, or on YouTube.

Also, if you're a Bukkit programmer, and would like to write content for this guide, please feel free to shoot me an email (my email is in the Google Doc).

Any feedback is much appreciated.
elfin8er
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2014 6:11 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
CanIHazBlog
Amazing tutorial!

I would love to see an intermediate level tutorial covering more advanced parts of Bukkit. An advanced tutorial would be nice to cover the NMS (net.minecraft.server) part of the server software. Personally, I spent hours and hours trying to figure out how to deal with all the packets, which in my opinion is the highlight of what you can do with the NMS API. I would love to see a tutorial for this to make future developers able to use it without having to go through the pain of learning it the hard way--via decompiling plugins that other people have made or even Bukkit itself.
08/22/2014 12:26 pm
elfin8er
I'm still adding more content to the Google Doc all of the time. I'm hoping that in the future, I'll get to some of the more advanced topics.
08/22/2014 1:24 am
elfin8er
Alright guys, just a little update, I've started creating videos to go side-by-side with the Google Doc. You can view the playlist HERE (Got more videos uploading right now). Alternatively, you can click the header of almost any section to access the video for it.
08/20/2014 11:38 am
elfin8er
Thank you very much for the feedback everybody. I'm going to try to make some videos to go side-by-side with the Google Doc shortly.
08/20/2014 8:42 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
Quanto__
Where's the like button? ;D
08/20/2014 12:34 am
Level 36 : Artisan Modder
OfficiallyPolarFluid
Bookmarked and everything, this is great! Cheers to you sir!
08/20/2014 12:32 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
This a great tutorial but for any Java newcomers such as myself it's a good idea to learn at least the basics of Java and understanding what each part of the code does before attempting to make a plugin. If you don't it can often lead to discouragement and you'll think it's too hard to learn Java.
08/20/2014 12:29 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Rainfur
Very nice explanation, good work!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome