Can anyone explain Mini-Moderating?

Vigri's Avatar Vigri7/29/15 7:17 am
7/29/2015 9:18 am
Vigri's Avatar Vigri
Hey all, Liam here and I have really hated the fact that you cannot mini-moderate. Staff may find it impersonating; but I find it really helpful by being a network Owner.

What is the reason of this thread? I was wondering if anyone could explain what is so bad about mini-moderating, I find it so irritating that I see this and users getting punishments about it, but I don't actually know the both good side, and the bad side about it.

Here is an example (Sorry if this is also against the rules) but I wanted to show an example of what I mean by the term "mini-moderating"

Example
Sorry MissMarifire

TL;DR (too long didn't read) I don't know what the bad thing about mini-modding is and would like it being explained.
Vigri
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/29/2015 9:15 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
/lock

i luv minimodding
07/29/2015 9:18 am
Vigri
minimodz!!!

- Seriously though can a staff member lock this? Haha.

Oh and thank you for whoever does.
07/29/2015 8:43 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
First of all we don't like users placing themselves above each other by assuming they have the authority to moderate each other.
Mainly we don't allow it because it is highly possible that the person doing the mini-modding gets it wrong (Yes, in this case they may be right but it is easier to have a blanket ban than a case by case basis) and this can cause extra work for moderators.

Also, it's not the users job to moderate, that is for the moderators.
07/29/2015 9:05 am
Vigri
True, but it can be still helpful. Why not make it allowed, but if abused publicly on the forums then you can get banned/punished?
07/29/2015 9:11 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
Because then not only do we have the posts that being mini-modded to moderated we would also have the person abusing it to moderate.
As a side note, flaming would be more common if this were allowed as, like I said, the users doing the mini-modding don't actually have any authority so users are more likely to react volatilely with them.

The report function is there for a reason, it easier and causes less problems.
07/29/2015 9:11 am
Vigri
I see, thank you also for clearing this topic up for me.
07/29/2015 8:23 am
Level 37 : Artisan Explorer
TastyYoghurt
Pretty funny how apparently "don't change the topic" counts as flaming. Or maybe the mod was talking about some actual flaming that was going on elsewhere in the thread? We will never know!

Generally, mini-modding is seen as a bad thing because it can turn into bossing people around/pretending to have an authority over everyone else. If some random person decides to try doing a mod's job, there's no guarantee they'll know what they'll be doing. Mods can be trusted to do what they do because they are (at least in theory) supposed to be reasonable and knowledgeable, you can't be sure about a random forum member trying to act like a mod.
07/29/2015 8:42 am
Vigri
Ah! Thanks for clearing this up for me!
07/29/2015 8:00 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
It is better to just report and to leave it alone, because mini-modding will potentially change the topic/flame. Not really sure on that but that's how I've viewed it.
does this count as minimodding
07/29/2015 8:10 am
Vigri
./ben Namez minimodz u deserv ben
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome