Can't believe people pay for rank on servers

TUBATUX1's Avatar TUBATUX14/9/14 9:31 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 30
8/25/2014 4:21 pm
Shacory's Avatar Shacory
Do people just enjoy the fact that they pay 100s of dollars for a rank? Whatever happened to just playing minecraft? I browse other websites of servers sometimes and see how much people are payingn {player} just upgraded from coal to iron. Wtf?! Stop paying!

On my server. The more you play. The higher you rank. Yes there is a donator rank. Only to show you decided to help keep the server running for another month. People should get together and shit down these 1,000 player servers. How do you think your a player? Your just a number. I have about 35 people total that have became a member of my server. And we all play when we can. Have fun. Talk to each other. Some of them even get married to each other! That is a community of players. Can't get that somewhere you have to pay.

Server ip: sc37.servercraft.co:11540
TUBATUX1
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/25/2014 4:21 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Mage
Shacory
Some people donate to help the server run, not to get the perks. And on the other hand, people have so much money that they don't know what to do with it so they just buy it for the perks.
08/25/2014 4:18 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
chaybobb
The EULA ended all donations. So stop worrying.
04/16/2014 12:21 am
Level 28 : Expert Engineer
Mayoz
Donations are needed for good servers to survive. Money doesn't just appear out of thin air, and if you get a successful server, it costs a ton. People always think of cost as in with money, but truth is, time is a cost as well. Successful servers not only cost in money, but they cost time too. I run many successful servers (not all in Minecraft) and server costs run about $155 per month, or more. I also have sports and school that I need to do too, and that takes time, so for people like me who do this alongside school and sports, time is a real bottleneck. I've also found that there are two main parts to succeeding in this, feature and community. So, you saying about how could you ever feel like a part of a large server or whatever, is because you don't put yourself in there to be a part of it. If servers had no community, the people who play it wouldn't talk with each other and the server would fall apart.
04/15/2014 11:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Pistol_Whip_Gaming
Its not pay to win or anything like that. If people donate to the server the server rewards them back!
04/15/2014 11:51 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
Legendary_Admin
The thing that bothers me about donor ranks is when you have to pay to have fun or to win.

That is why when we built our server, we made sure that everyone is on the same playing field. Donators have a slight advantage, but it is completely manageable for any person to keep pace. Plus, donor ranks are cheap, and the price will never change. Check it out:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/pvp-legends-semi-vanilla-smp-raid-steal-grief-godkit-pvp-t387388.html
04/15/2014 11:14 pm
TUBATUX1
Bump!
04/10/2014 12:13 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
zachward97
if servers didn't receive donations then there would be no servers there would be no amazing mini games no amazing builds/maps and alot of good youtubers wouldn't be around. the money goes towards paying coders to make great plugins or having great maps made or hiring youtubers to advertise there is so many fees that come along with managing a minecraft servers its much more then just the simple server fees i have run my server for over a year and spent maybe 10% of the donations on server fees or less but i have spent thousands on advertising and coding. You also say the server owners who spend the money on them self's are just greedy but for them its there job and not a hobby how would they be able to spend hours daily working on a server and support them selfs? with out donations minecraft would not nearly be as good as it is today so to all you donors out there Thank you!
04/10/2014 12:24 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
akwturptz
SO TRUE! I just don't think whoever made this thread gets how a server works.
04/10/2014 11:53 am
pirruccio
I still don't think that your strategy is working...
04/10/2014 8:56 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
levi8george
Also, if hypixel didn't have donations his server wouldn't be up right now. It costs about 3,000 to 5,000 dollors a month.
04/10/2014 8:57 am
akwturptz
Advice: your banner is too fast.
04/10/2014 8:53 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
levi8george
I do own a server. I am setting up Buycraft for donations. But I am not one of those guys who is like "I have buycraft and am using it for the server funds cause i am too greedy to pay with my own money" I am actually giving 75% of the money to a charity. The rest is going STRAIGHT into the server.
04/10/2014 8:48 am
akwturptz
TUBATUX1
Carbine15

So I hope you understand now that donations are not useless and for morons.
Donations are useless except for one thing... To help the owner pay for the server costs. He doesn't need it though. He wouldn't have started the server if he didn't have the money for it.

[EDIT]: Ur server is still 1.7.2, while my "paid rank" server updated almost immediately, just like other "paid rank" servers. Thats another lil difference.

Uhh. This doesn't even make a valid point. Why would you update, and possibly have to reconfigure most mods/plugins? Not to mention, some players/servers are still on 1.6.4 because they liked that version better than any others.

The server definitely would not be on if the hostee needed money. Money to keep the server on is only havlf true. If you decide that donations are going to pay for the server this month. And you'll pay for advertisements.

You seem like a person that doesn't even have a server so I don't think you should have even started this topic in the first place because you have no idea what you are talking about.
04/09/2014 4:13 pm
TUBATUX1
Carbine15

Donations are useless except for one thing... To help the owner pay for the server costs. He doesn't need it though. He wouldn't have started the server if he didn't have the money for it.

[EDIT]: Ur server is still 1.7.2, while my "paid rank" server updated almost immediately, just like other "paid rank" servers. Thats another lil difference.

Uhh. This doesn't even make a valid point. Why would you update, and possibly have to reconfigure most mods/plugins? Not to mention, some players/servers are still on 1.6.4 because they liked that version better than any others.

The server definitely would not be on if the hostee needed money. Money to keep the server on is only havlf true. If you decide that donations are going to pay for the server this month. And you'll pay for advertisements.
04/09/2014 12:52 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Carbine15
How do you suppose people keep these servers online? Do you think a 1000 player server is 20$/month (like in your case?). Servers, especially minigame servers are quite expensive and are all hosted on different servers (not worlds).

Obviously they have money to get the server hosted, otherwise they wouldn't have hosted it... Hey I'm gonna go buy server hosting for a month, and expect the next 11 months to be paid for by random minecrafters!

Thats totally your opinion, whenever someone joins my server and talks to me I react quite nicely. Players are not worthless like you try to say. They're important and they can be friends, just like your community. Ofcourse, when someone joins and asks for ranks u can guess that Owners or Moderators get annoyed.

He's not saying they're worthless? You are. And really, we are all numbers. Ask the government, especially the USA or Chinese governments.

Do u get the fact that you paid 20$ for MInecraft? And that you paid 60$ for BF, COD or whatever game? Ur thinking: "ye but thats permanent". Most of the servers stay online for a few years, and it even updates while your rank doesnt get lost. When you play COD, ur probably done with it after 3 months. So u should just see the donation as service costs, etc.

I didn't pay for Minecraft. Yes I buy games, and yes they are permanent. 10 years down the road, none of the servers online today will even be mentioned. Your money spent, gone. However, I've had the same Xbox 360 for 4 years, and some of the same games for years. You treat them right, they'll last half a lifetime.

People actually enjoy to play on servers where they can be more OP then other players, and would like to pay a little bit more then other players.

Oh yeah, I'm a 14 year old with a credit card, I'm gonna, "donate," to get fly, give, and other stupid commands, so I can pwn noobs who don't have money.

This post took me 3 minutes.
04/09/2014 12:05 pm
akwturptz
xxUnbeatablePro
akwturptz
xxUnbeatableProYou don't really get the concept of buying/donating to a server.

In your comment you said:
"People should get together and **** down these 1,000 player servers."

How do you suppose people keep these servers online? Do you think a 1000 player server is 20$/month (like in your case?). Servers, especially minigame servers are quite expensive and are all hosted on different servers (not worlds).

Then you say:
"How do you think your a player? Your just a number."

Thats totally your opinion, whenever someone joins my server and talks to me I react quite nicely. Players are not worthless like you try to say. They're important and they can be friends, just like your community. Ofcourse, when someone joins and asks for ranks u can guess that Owners or Moderators get annoyed.

Finally:
"Do people just enjoy the fact that they pay 100s of dollars for a rank?"

Do u get the fact that you paid 20$ for MInecraft? And that you paid 60$ for BF, COD or whatever game? Ur thinking: "ye but thats permanent". Most of the servers stay online for a few years, and it even updates while your rank doesnt get lost. When you play COD, ur probably done with it after 3 months. So u should just see the donation as service costs, etc.

People actually enjoy to play on servers where they can be more OP then other players, and would like to pay a little bit more then other players.

How long did you take to type this?

wasted like 5 mins at max lawl

Lol thats hilarious. We all wasted so much time on this post.
04/09/2014 11:42 am
pirruccio
I don't think the strategy works. As you can tell, most people have some commons sense..
04/09/2014 11:30 am
TUBATUX1
It's not donating if you are expecting something I return. It's shopping. Are you a certified business? No these 1,000 player severs don't come out of thin air. But if you host your own server. Have a server rack. It's very easy to host multiple ip's. When there are more than 50 players online. Everyone talking. No welcomes. How are you supposed to feel like a player? It's like trying to have a sit down conversation at a rock concert. Your opinion is not going to get across. People paying the extra for COD or BF4 is there problem. You pay. Play. Done. $60. Minecraft is. Or was the same way. Except you pay $20 and play for free. You can donate to anything. It's when you start saying "donate" $50 for these great perks like use /back command. Back? Really. Play a little more. Get the command.

Definitely when players join and say op me f**ers. That pisses everyone to high ends.

You can get more Commands than other players by playing. You can also get them by building something great. Mini games. Hungry games. All of these have brought the concept of building way down.

I'm not saying donating is useless. I'm saying paying to get commands and perks is useless. Set up tiers. Visible to players. That are obtainable without draining your wallet
04/09/2014 11:26 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
xxUnbeatablePro
akwturptz

Then you say:

Finally:

wasted like 5 mins at max lawl
04/09/2014 11:24 am
akwturptz

Then you say:

Finally:

04/09/2014 11:20 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
xxUnbeatablePro
You don't really get the concept of buying/donating to a server.

Then you say:

Finally:

04/09/2014 11:19 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Carbine15
Bump.

Buying ranks just proves you know how to use your Mom's credit card...

You shouldn't pay anything to receive some, "Special," rank. If you like the server, donate $5 or $10 to help keep it running.

Also, ranks should be given based on how you play, or even how long you play. Check out Pingcraft, a server I found today. They have a great thing going.
04/09/2014 11:19 am
akwturptz
I guess I could add something that is just to donate no perks added.
04/09/2014 11:12 am
pirruccio
I don't think you know what a bump is.. So did the strategy work? I'm interested in using your skills
04/09/2014 11:07 am
TUBATUX1
Says the guy that keeps *bumping* his posts. That's cute. How about you actually post comments relating to the topics.
04/09/2014 10:37 am
pirruccio
You're using this as an excuse to get more players lol. Nice strategy though, I think I might try it...
04/09/2014 9:49 am
TUBATUX1
But why not just say. Hey. Here is a donate button. Donate if you'd like to help keep there server running. No perks provided. Only respect. And if you do something ban able. We give you a little more leeway
04/09/2014 9:43 am
akwturptz
I also have a MineCraft server and yes I do have expensive ranks that I give them the choice to buy, but I do give them ranks if they have been players for a long time. They just like to have the choice to buy a rank.
04/09/2014 9:37 am
TUBATUX1
I'm going to try my best to bring minecraft back to just playing. Building!!! Whatever happened to that? I have creative and survival. All you need. Why the need for mini games. That's why new players can't really build. They have no practice. But I guess they can play the crap out of hunger games.
04/09/2014 9:34 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Goblin
rudeweeze
I Completely Agree whit you're opinion
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome