Can't play Minecraft

EpicOweo's Avatar EpicOweo5/29/16 4:07 pm
1 emeralds 294 3
6/5/2016 10:16 pm
13_moons's Avatar 13_moons
Hi, my friend Noah just recently emailed me saying that he can't play Minecraft because his dad upgraded his computer to Windows 10. He wanted to know any way that me and him could play Minecraft together. Do you guys have any ideas?
EpicOweo
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2016 4:23 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Have him update his video drivers, that's the most common issue that prevents people from playing after upgrading to Win10. You can have him find a tutorial, or tell him these steps. It's pretty in-depth, so I'm assuming your friend has little knowledge of computers. No offense, it's just the best way I can explain things without leaving things out and causing possible confusion.

1. In the start menu search bar, type "device manager" and click the first option that comes up. That will open a menu listing most of the components of your computer with drop down menus.

2. Click the arrow to the left of "display adapters." This will show a list of the video cards installed.

3. Click the entry that comes up under "display adapters" and on the top ribbon, click the icon that looks like a vertical rectangle with an arrow in the bottom right corner pointing up. If you hover over it, it will say "Update Driver Software" and it does exactly as it says.

4. Once you click it, let it do it's thing. The screen may black out a couple times and it may have you restart your computer, I can't quite remember. If it says that your driver software is up to date, it means that your GPU is incompatible with Windows 10 and your friend may not be able to play Minecraft until he upgrades it.

Another thing, if he has multiple entries under display adapters, have him repeat steps 3 and 4 for each entry listed. People who have multiple entries are typically people who have both a video card and an APU, and/or multiple video cards.
06/05/2016 10:16 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Archer
13_moons
i did a few things to get minecraft to work again (because i have win10 and i had the same problem), including the one that Sergeant Sarcasm suggested. i also did some other things:

1. install the Windows Offline (64-bit) version of Java

2. reinstall minecraft by re-downloading it from the minecraft website (i have a feeling this is what caused my minecraft to work again)

if you do just one of these (including checking if your drivers are outdated) and minecraft works, please tell me lol
05/29/2016 4:21 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
GoldenCreeper05Hi, my friend Noah just recently emailed me saying that he can't play Minecraft because his dad upgraded his computer to Windows 10. He wanted to know any way that me and him could play Minecraft together. Do you guys have any ideas?

You need to give us an error message he's getting. You can't just say he can't play and expect us to know exactly what you're talking about.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome