Can someone mentor me???

Peytibug10's Avatar Peytibug108/24/15 1:14 pm
8/29/2015 4:57 pm
xC17's Avatar xC17
Hi I'm Peytibug. I have realized that I'm really not good at building someone helped me a bit, I improved just a bit. That made me realize I wanted someone to teach me how to be better. The spoiler below shows what I can do right now. The first person that replies to this or messages me over Skype will become my mentor (If they want to) My IGN: PeytiBug. My Skype: Peytibug10

Click to reveal
Peytibug10
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/29/2015 4:57 pm
Level 29 : Expert Warrior
xC17
Hello, I am Custom, leader of ArzoCraft buildteam and I was informally wondering if you would like to take the role of builder and see how we build our structures and projects

https://www.youtube.com/user/arzocraft
08/29/2015 4:52 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Not to put your attempt to help down or anything, Dudamesh, but that treehouse is still not exactly a good example. It looks more like the kind of thing you'd make in survival, if quite fancy for that.
It definitely has nice elements (like the lamp and all), but the main reason it looks good are your shaders. Its mostly made up out of interior techniques, so I think its best if I show a bit of exterior.

I made a small treehouse a while ago, in about 20 minutes (speedbuild challenge). It was constructed in a way that could actually hold together in reality. The only thing it lacks is interior, mostly because there was barely any space for that (let alone time).

http://imgur.com/a/bBIuB#7

Also, Cyber_Pinks link seems very helpful for a beginning builder. Its good enough that I've bookmarked it to spam around the web to any beginning builders.
08/29/2015 4:42 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Dudamesh
You're Building looks "too much blocks", sometimes we can go on the plain side like Pure Oak planks or Pure White Stained clay, but you don't have to go all 'Circus' and build a building with different types of blocks.

The Stairs look way to plain, and while the tree looks good, the branch also looks plain

If you're trying to build a Tree House, why is there no Interior?
as you may or may not know, Interiors are Just as important as Exteriors
that is unless, you're specializing in Exterior stuff

Don't use Blocks that are meant to be on the interior on the exterior like Bookshelves and Noteblocks

Try to make things more realistic, the Stairs are way too unrealistic, try ladders.
also in real life, the House must not be bigger than the tree/leaves itself, leaves alone can't support that big-a-house IRL

I'll Edit this with a thing I did on my own and you can compare, not saying i'm better of course but just a sample.

*Edit:

Here's my Tree House and Tree. that of course, I made.

1. Nighttime Pictures

Nighttime Full back view

2. Raining Pictures

Raining Full Back view

Raining Full Front view

Raining Top floors view

Raining All floors view

Raining Bottom Interior floor view

Raining Middle floor Interior view

3. Daytime Pictures

Daytime Full Back view

Daytime Blacksmith Floor view
08/29/2015 4:11 am
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
zain
Just Try to copy real buildings then you will become better
08/29/2015 4:01 am
Level 1 : New Miner
d0ggeh
-Don't put interior blocks out on the exterior (you wouldn't be able to get to those bookshelves and noteblocks out on the sides)
-If you're going for a treehouse, don't build stairs that you wouldn't see a real life treehouse using (try ladders or stairs that go around the tree trunk)
-You shouldn't make the actual building larger than the clump of leaves the tree is holding up
-IRL, leaves wouldn't be able to hold up that large house
-You could try adding some leaves ontop of the house to almost "blend" it in with the tree (but you know, don't make it look super unnatural)
-Try to use blocks that would look nice with the type of tree it's on
08/24/2015 2:08 pm
Peytibug10
Lol XD
08/24/2015 2:07 pm
Dragonman3880
I will take that mentoring. I need training aswell!
08/24/2015 1:58 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Network
MyZia
Hi Peytibug! Im more of a survival builder. I deal with a lot of shapes, and try to integrate a great build out of them. Here are a few of my builds. If you want, I can teach you a lot about details! I can help with flooring, walls, shapes, detail, vehicles, as well as modern and older styled builds. The first image is a screenshot of a Japanese styled restaurant I made on my SMP server.
http://i.imgur.com/LtcVdPi.png
(Inside of resturaunt)
http://i.imgur.com/BnvfNKE.png
(Older log cabin)
http://i.imgur.com/fJjI3jb.png
(Couldnt post as [img] because picture was too big.
08/24/2015 1:57 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
craftergurl
I would be happy to assign one of my top builders to mentor you on my server catscraft.net ask for me Megan I am the owner. My head builder professionally worked on mineplex and the hive untill he volunteered to build for us.
08/24/2015 2:04 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
> "Professional"
> On PMC
^ A tribute to a fallen brother

But anyway, @OP, you cant simply be taught how to build well, you have to learn how to do it through trial and error, getting feedback from other people on your builds, and using that feedback to better yourself.
08/24/2015 1:53 pm
Dragonman3880
Sent it, go ahead and reply then i will get you started.
08/24/2015 1:48 pm
Dragonman3880
Alright I will send you the details in PM.
08/24/2015 1:42 pm
Peytibug10
I am definitely interested.
08/24/2015 1:39 pm
Dragonman3880
I'd be happy to help you. But I am not very good, but I still have skills. Let me know if you are interested. I have a private server with plugins such as essentials, worldedit, multiworld, and voxel sniper.
08/24/2015 1:30 pm
Peytibug10
Okay.

Does anyone wish to mentor me till the thirtieth?
08/24/2015 1:27 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Here is the thing: I am currently on holiday and since it is self-hosted it is offline. I will be returning on the 30th and the server will be on at around 13:00 (British time). The IP is: avronaworld.servegame.com
08/24/2015 1:23 pm
Peytibug10
I would love that!
You can Message me the IP over Skype or just tell me here.
08/24/2015 1:22 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
I own a small a small server. Me and my staff could teach you by building stuff for the server with you.
08/24/2015 1:19 pm
Peytibug10
Thanks but I wish to be better.
08/24/2015 1:18 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
Akeustlom
Thats a better build than anything I've ever done
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com