Can someone please help me?

Mephostopheles's Avatar Mephostopheles3/26/17 8:36 pm
1 emeralds 237 4
3/26/2017 9:37 pm
Mephostopheles's Avatar Mephostopheles
So here's the deal. A few months ago, Minecraft was working fine (slow, but that's just because I have a bad computer for gaming). The problem arose when I decided to download OptiFine, because I wanted my game to look and run better. If worked fine (but slow) for about ten minutes, and then I started screwing around with the settings a bit. I don't remember what I changed, but it crashed the game. I restarted it and things were fine, and I decided not to mess with anything I didn't understand. I kept playing, but all of a sudden, it crashed again. I ignored it and kept playing but it kept crashing. Eventually I just decided that the mod was causing it, so I deleted it, but the problem kept occurring. I did some crude research and found that I should delete Minecraft and any associated files from my computer and redownload it. I did so, but it kept happening. I decided to put it off and worry about it later, but every time I've come back to it, I can't make any change. I only just now decided to ask for help. Any tips?

(If I can't fix it, then oh well. I just miss playing the game on PC. I've been restricted to Pocket Edition for like three months.)
Mephostopheles
Level 1 : New Miner