Can I use the disallowed skinning programs in a specific way

REALDogeMaster's Avatar REALDogeMaster4/25/16 1:39 pm
1 emeralds 671 6
5/7/2016 8:35 am
Myra_'s Avatar Myra_
Like have a random character on need cool shoes, and make it all white, and start from scratch or?
REALDogeMaster
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/07/2016 8:35 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Slayer_of_DragonSwagSo it is okay to use a program like skinEdit or NovaSkin if you create your skins completely from scratch and don't use the templates?

Yep. As long as you don't use any parts that weren't 100% made by you, you're good to go.
As Speedy said, if you're okay with downloading really light software, I recommend MCSkin3D. It's similar to photoshop, the layout and everything, except it's especially for skins. I love the MCSkin3D color mixer too.
05/06/2016 11:36 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Slayer_of_DragonSwag
i know that this isn't really a reply but i am very new and don't really know how to use this site( so plz give me a break o.o), so view this as an extended question to the question being asked;

So it is okay to use a program like skinEdit or NovaSkin if you create your skins completely from scratch and don't use the templates?
04/25/2016 2:27 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
Yep exactly what Zitzabis said. The rules are just (intentionally?) poorly worded. If you make the whole skin from scratch, putting down every pixel by yourself, no using premade parts, then you can use the software.

However I strongly recommend you use an image editing software. Paint.NET and GIMP are both free. MCSkin3D is also a free program made by one of our site's developers, and I find it easiest to use. It pretty much has everything you'll need when it comes to skinning.
04/25/2016 2:13 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Or you could just make a white 64x64 template in photoshop
04/25/2016 1:44 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
We ban those programs to discourage people accidentally using the part library. Most people don't understand what original content is. Provided you make the ENTIRE skin yourself, then it's perfectly alright to use their tools.
04/29/2016 3:59 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon
REALDogeMaster
Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome