Bioshock mod development post.

sigurd4's Avatar sigurd45/20/14 12:25 pm
1 emeralds 10.9k 204
9/28/2014 9:37 pm
TheMightyWaffle's Avatar TheMightyWaffle
i've spendt a lot of time learning to program. now i think im finally ready for java. cant wait to work more on this. someone will know where this is from:

so excited to upload this when its ready!
sigurd4
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/28/2014 5:30 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NonExistingName
Damn. What happened to sigurd? Is he dead? Or just in a comma?
09/28/2014 9:37 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
TheMightyWaffle
i dont know, ill check.

hmmm....
nope, he is not in that comma.
08/29/2014 2:59 pm
sigurd4
new update! mostly bug fixes, though i added the infusions from and the shields mechanic from bioshock infinite and tweaked the amount of bullets reloaded per reload for the pistol so that you dont have to tap R too much. enjoy!
08/18/2014 3:33 am
sigurd4
New update released yesterday! Didnt have time to write it here when i uploaded it. Includes tommy guns, improvements to bullets, improvements to plasmids and an ingame guide. http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/bioshock-mod/
08/14/2014 3:14 pm
sigurd4
lol i didnt realize that i dont need to restart the client if you run it in debug mode. good to know. i might, after request, make the weapons have a better rotation now, since i can so easily test it, now. debug mode saves so much time!
08/13/2014 4:13 pm
sigurd4
i've pretty much finished the machine gun. now i only have the model left. mehhhh.....
08/13/2014 3:11 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Fox
sirtoalikan
Awesome!
08/13/2014 9:49 am
NonExistingName
Also, sigurd, I have a few small suggestions. When the Murder of Crows is used, black smoke particles could accompany the crows, like feathers, to give more of an effect and make the attack look more "dense".
08/13/2014 10:20 am
sigurd4
it allready does. it just wasnt shown in the video, cause joe had disabled particle effects.
08/13/2014 3:05 pm
NonExistingName
Ah ok. Didn't know.
I had a buttload of ideas to share, but I forgot most...
08/12/2014 4:28 pm
sigurd4
wwooooooaaaaaaat!!!?? thats amazing! omg i cant believe it got reviewed by someone that well known. i dont know what to say. adding the video to the post asap. holy shit this is insane!!!! i dont even know...
08/11/2014 4:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Monolithv+
yeah i saw that they didn't really do it justice though, he couldn't get half of the things to even work but i suppose any exposure is better than none.
08/12/2014 4:31 pm
sigurd4
after watching the video i totally agree with you. i made a comment there about all th estuff that didnt work there. i might suggest checking it out. i dont blame him though, since there's a very small amount of documentation. i should maybe add a book or something ingame, i think.
08/11/2014 3:28 pm
NonExistingName
DUDE

ATLANTICRAFT MADE A REVIEW ON YOUR MOD DDDD.

In case you are wondering they are one of the biggest MC youtubers out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YvIaOpgAro
08/08/2014 3:42 am
sigurd4
Will be gone for a while and progress on the mod will pause until then. This is the last time i'll get acces to wifi for like, six days or so. Don't worry about me. I'm fine.
08/04/2014 8:18 am
sigurd4
new update is out! i tried to make some kind of indicator for how much ammo you have and what type of ammo, but i failed horribly, so i'll wait with that till the next update. for now, enjoy: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/bioshock-mod/
08/03/2014 8:45 pm
Monolithv+
yeah i definitely think its number 2, i do see a shadow now that i look again. i think i have an idea of what the mystery addition is but i think ill keep my guess to myself for now lol! cant wait to see what you add next!
08/03/2014 2:43 pm
sigurd4
I fixed the reloading problem and i have made something very cool too, but that will be a surprise untile the next update is out. All i can say is, uhh idk. Its a new item, and it does something, but is purely easthethic. Unless you count the fact that it can be informative. Its also something useable for adventure maps. Noone understands what im talking about, right...? Or..?
08/03/2014 7:57 am
sigurd4
the reason the splicers dont appear is either:
1. you are playing on peaceful
or 2. they are there, but you cant see them, cause the texture is not working (in that case you should see a shadow there)
and yes, a am aware of the but about the plasmids. i think its because its stored as a clientside variable cause i didnt know how to send packets and i couldnt use up all the datawatcher slots. (but i recently learned that, so i could potentially fix that bug in this version) and, yes i will probably add the dril land the rivet gun. i know i said a wouldnt in the early stage of this mod, but after playing bioshock 2 for the first time i hanged my mind.
08/01/2014 1:13 pm
Monolithv+
wow this mod is quickly becoming my favorite, a few issues i've noticed are that when i try to summon in a splicer nothing happens and i hear a zombie sound and also the plasmids work but when i close mine craft and open it again the plasmid vile is back to its original jar and the syringe bugs out and wont shoot up again. and just curious do you plan on adding a drill and rivet gun cause i think that would top this mod off.
08/01/2014 4:18 am
sigurd4
the shotgun is done! pictures:

these are the only problems left before i upload the new version:
1. when mobs take damage from bullets they get invulnerable for a shotrt time, just like with any other damage. i need to find a way to ingore it for the multiple shots from the shotgun to deal more damage per shot that hits the target. problem solved! one more to go!
2. i changed the way reloading works but i cant get it to function properly. oh well. i'll just nom an oreo or something. its my birthday after all. done and done! Now i hust need to have an indication in the hud for what type of ammo is used. And while im at it, why not just make an eve bar and an ammo indicator too?
07/31/2014 11:38 am
sigurd4
shotguns confirmed.
07/30/2014 5:14 pm
sigurd4
new update with diving suits and pistol improvements including more ammo types!
07/30/2014 5:49 pm
NonExistingName
Awesome!
07/28/2014 9:20 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
freechat
Uhhhh. I dunno XD
07/28/2014 6:47 pm
sigurd4
its about bioshock.
07/28/2014 9:13 am
sigurd4
i also made a logo, now that i got the info file working!
07/28/2014 8:14 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
yodasogreen
Its bioshock
07/27/2014 4:35 pm
sigurd4
here's a little sneak peek for the next update:

anyone have any idea what i'm making? hope my hint is not too obvious.
07/27/2014 6:30 pm
NonExistingName
*massive gasp*
:O

is it...

the player Big Daddy GUI? It's gotta be it! But, if I had any tip (in case it is it) you should make it less intrusive for the FOV. Maybe it'll look different once in the game tho. Who knows?
07/28/2014 5:53 am
sigurd4
yup. right now im just working on a simple diving suit, but i am planning on making the rosie, the alpha series, the lancer and the rumbler suits be wearable. (not the bouncer, because of how heavy the armour is and how in order to work the peson inside it must have their organs grafted into the suit, it just wouldnt be possible to just wear it like a normal diving suit) maybe addining the rivet gun and the hand-held drill as weapons.diving suits will allow the user to walk on the bottom of the sea as if it was on the surface (be able to run, jump ect, but not swim upwards that well), but makes the user really heavy, slower, and more vulnerable to fall damage. and, yes, the hud underlay might be a little obstructuve, but its supposed to be like that. i havent actually gotten it to work yet, so i dont know how it will turn out ingame, but i might change it based on how it turns out. also, this:
07/24/2014 5:56 pm
sigurd4
update done! i had a hard time porting it to 1.7.10, but it works perfectly now. also made ironsides and return to sender be able to catch arrows. neat! http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/bioshock-mod
07/23/2014 7:34 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Shirotsuchi
Verynice job, I can see a multitude of applications that he can be used in!
07/23/2014 7:27 pm
sigurd4
The return to sender vigor is now made! There will be a new update tomorrow, since its way too late now and im tired. I really hope there arent too many bugs, cause its difficult for me to test it since it requires two computers to work. Makes me think i should probably make turrets or something soon. Hmmm.
07/21/2014 4:46 pm
sigurd4
A new update is out for the BIOSHOCK mod. Enjoy! This one is mostly focused on sounds and visuals and will include the awesome stuff found in one of my recent posts on this thread (the one i posted before i went traveling). Thats mostly the big addition but i have also added some extra effects to bullets and changed the physics for the bullets a little bit, too. Its still a little buggy, though, so watch out!
http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/bioshock-mod/
07/19/2014 3:08 pm
sigurd4
i'm back home. new version might be coming out tomorrow!
07/09/2014 8:03 am
sigurd4
i will be away some more, but here are some pictures from the upcoming update (will upload it when i get home again):
Click to reveal
cyclone trap:

enrage:

electro-bolt:

hypnotize big daddy:

incinerate!:

insect swarm:

security bullseye:

sonic boom, target dummy, telekinesis & ironsides (when not activated):

winter blast:

rescue little sister:

old man winter:

peeping tom:

bucking bronco:

charge:

devil's kiss:

ironsides (active):

murder of crows (yes, thats supposed to be a crow egg):

possession:

return to sender:

shock jockey:

undertow:

the arm uses the texture of your skin and some of the plasmids glow in the dark

07/09/2014 12:35 pm
NonExistingName
This is so awesome!!! The mod will be AMAZING when its done (it already is, actually). You bet your ass you're gonna be a PMC celebrity after this!
07/09/2014 7:21 pm
sigurd4
Thank you. I took a look at the whats hot tab for mods and found the bioshock mod there. (Not the first page of course, but i didnt have to go that far to find it) making something that people like is so much fun.
07/05/2014 7:57 pm
sigurd4
07/06/2014 3:58 pm
NonExistingName
yaaaaaaaaaaayyy
06/25/2014 10:13 am
sigurd4
news: i will be gone from now to sunday, so i wont be able to work on the mod. i would like to upload the update im working on, but it is just full of bugs and i dont have much time to build it before i leave. until then!
06/24/2014 4:25 pm
NonExistingName
I have an idea for Bucking Bronko! When an enemy is hit by it, it teleports them a couple of blocks above ground to an invisible block with the same ability as spider webs, so they are suspended above ground. At the same time it deals a mining fatigue effect to "slow" down the player or mob. Huh?
06/25/2014 9:10 am
sigurd4
that could work, but it would be easier i reckon to just hold them up in the air without the cobweb.
06/23/2014 3:41 pm
sigurd4
i am happy to announce that that the enrage plasmid works like a dream! this is how it works: when you throw it on a mob it deals 0 damage to it and tells it that the attack came from a random nearby mob, which makes it attack that mob. also ltos of changes and improvements for the big daddy coming in the next update. still need a lot of polishing though.

here is the plasmid in action:

i think it might be my favorite plasmid yet. (not in the bioshock game, but in this mod)
06/23/2014 7:37 pm
NonExistingName
That is... actually really clever! Do they kill themselves when it wears off?
06/24/2014 1:50 pm
sigurd4
no. i dont think they do that in the game, or am i wrong? it would be a bit difficult too, i reckon. i guess i could add a new potion effect or something to do it, idk...
06/21/2014 4:03 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
fase
#Plugins are way better.
06/21/2014 4:41 pm
sigurd4
nhaaa. i dont know about you, but i like being able to change both server-side stuff and client-side stuff... the cool thing with bukkit plugins is that they dont require the client to install the mod, so i can kind of see your point there, but i stll prefer mods.
06/21/2014 3:42 pm
sigurd4
lol. making model animations is a huge pain in the butt:

oh gosh what have i created!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome