Cannot Play. Graphics card SUDDENLY not supported ?

etgayguy's Avatar etgayguy5/29/16 12:32 am
1 emeralds 310 6
5/30/2016 5:56 am
SamB442's Avatar SamB442
My Son has been playing Minecraft every day, until about 2 weeks ago.
Ever since we are getting the 'Lack of updated graphics drivers' error and cannot play.

I followed all the guides and searched forums, but need your help.

1. We did NO recently update to Windows 10.
2. Graphics Card Drivers are up-to-date.
3. Tried to:
- Uninstall Graphics Card and Re-Install
- Fresh Minecraft installation (moved .mincraft @ %APPDATA% first)
- Re-Install Java (desperation...)
- Uninstall latest Windows Update (dated around when the problem started)
4. Did NOT Try:
- Review Java profile arguments, for Invalid memory allocation (although didn't knowingly modify anything)
- REPLACE the Graphics Card

Link: to DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-48Cpi3hdiAS0ZMZWxvN3N0d2c
Link to Crash Report: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-48Cpi3hdiAXzJLaDRzTGVIQkU
etgayguy
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2016 5:56 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
SamB442
Apparentally microsoft now forces you to update to windows 10.
05/30/2016 5:37 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
etgayguyMy Son has been playing Minecraft every day, until about 2 weeks ago.
Ever since we are getting the 'Lack of updated graphics drivers' error and cannot play.

I followed all the guides and searched forums, but need your help.

1. We did NO recently update to Windows 10.
2. Graphics Card Drivers are up-to-date.
3. Tried to:
- Uninstall Graphics Card and Re-Install
- Fresh Minecraft installation (moved .mincraft @ %APPDATA% first)
- Re-Install Java (desperation...)
- Uninstall latest Windows Update (dated around when the problem started)
4. Did NOT Try:
- Review Java profile arguments, for Invalid memory allocation (although didn't knowingly modify anything)
- REPLACE the Graphics Card

Link: to DxDiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-48Cpi3hdiAS0ZMZWxvN3N0d2c
Link to Crash Report: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-48Cpi3hdiAXzJLaDRzTGVIQkU

does that mean you did upgrade to windows 10 or did not cos the crash report states windows 10 32bit
05/29/2016 1:56 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Did you update Minecraft around the time it started happening? One of the updates may have started using a newer version of OpenGL that your card doesn't support, which could have caused the sudden incompatibility. I'm not sure if any of the new Minecraft updates have done that, though. I would suggest instead of using the newest version of Minecraft just using 1.9.

Other things you could try are checking when your graphics card driver was last updated, and if it was around the time it started happening you may want to roll back to an earlier version. It may sound odd, but I know nVidia (from experience) is especially guilty with planned obsolescence. This would only really happen if the card was pretty old, for instance my nVidia GeForce GTX 660 has suddenly been unable to run certain features of my shaderpack after one of the updates without editing some registry keys, which I am not comfortable with. And I don't mean performance wise, it just won't load the pack. I doubt this is the case for you, but you may want to consider getting a new card if you're using an old one. You'll probably experience fewer problems if you do.
05/29/2016 1:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
Delete the 1.9 folder in the versions folder and re-download via the launcher. This may help, and if it is happening for another version, do the same thing to that version's folder. This will not cause a loss of save data, account data, server data, or anything.

Checking Java arguments might be a good idea.
05/29/2016 1:15 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
Maloy
I've had the same problem, I changed made a new 1.9 versions folder and download the files again, I put the new files in the folder I made and surprisingly enough it worked.
05/29/2016 12:47 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Cutlass70
Try playing an older version of Minecraft.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome