Cant motivate my self to study?

DailyTuber's Avatar DailyTuber10/8/15 4:09 am
10/9/2015 4:03 am
Lucy_the_Cow's Avatar Lucy_the_Cow
So yeah title says it all, I just somehow cant. Any tips on how to do so or am I doomed for eternity to be interested only in video and animation making as well as games?
DailyTuber
Level 33 : Artisan Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/09/2015 4:03 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
I find I work best while listening to music, but that mightn't work for you. Also, perhaps write a list of things you need to do and prioritise them in order of when they are due/should be completed.
10/09/2015 2:54 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
I don't mean to kick you while you're down, but logging onto a Minecraft website and browsing the forums isn't helping much either.

I have the same habit. I'll wait until the hour before my PreCalc class starts to do the homework. I highly recommend that you find a day where you can do all of your work, with reasonable time to spare, and get an on again off again system going. Lay out each category of your work in the morning, start easy, and reward yourself with exact time lengths of doing fun things.

Ergo, 1 hour of English 12, then 1 hour of Skyrim, then one hour of Physics. Rinse and repeat.
10/09/2015 2:45 am
DailyTuber
Thank you all guys for suggestions! I hope I can solve this out as I got few F,s(1 in my country, lowest grade you can get) already and need to correct them.
10/08/2015 11:05 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Take the distractions out of the equation. I find not studying at home is way easier. Go to a library or a park to study rather than studying at home. You'll get more done.
10/08/2015 7:38 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
I'm the opposite. I can't study in a public setting, I usually try and study away from my phone and computer though. I think you ought to try that out OP.
10/08/2015 10:43 am
Level 1 : New Miner
VoltNetwork
Just think about the outcome if you do good at school.
10/08/2015 9:24 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Just remember how important things like math will be later in life, so it's important to learn them now.
10/08/2015 10:38 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Yeah cause I use the Quadratic equation on a daily basis....
its definitely useful if you go into science or engineering, for IT jobs as well, but math won't be essential in everyone's path, only Arithmetic will be, and thats not taught past elementary school.
However, due to the influence of current education, a diploma is still essential for a lot of things, and some countries (like mine) insist that you keep trying to get a diploma until you're 21.

OP, are you in secondary or tertiary education right now? I'm not certain anymore.
I can't really offer much more advice except to promise yourself a reward for each piece of boring work you do.
Say, you finish an important assignment, then you can use your savings to buy that headset you always wanted, or whatever else applies. that managed to just barely drag me through.
10/08/2015 7:50 am
DailyTuber
When I say "study" I mean when it comes to school. I just cant find Math and school subjects interesting, rather I would work on my game or play around with animation program and similar things, learn things not related to school.
10/08/2015 7:52 am
Ivain
I can definitely understand that feeling. How many years left?
The problem is that if you don't finish school at a high enough level, you won't be able to study animation or game design, and would need to make it on your own
10/08/2015 8:25 am
DailyTuber
1 and a half years left. I go to school about IT technologies BUT, I don't like it but neither do I have any other school that's similar to the video editing and animations. In our school we have "raw" programming and everything tied to it which is really (for me) boring. While we did HTML, webdesign I was interested but programming, I cant get interested no matter what I do.
10/08/2015 7:44 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
[yt]ZXsQAXx_ao0[/yt] /\ well he will motivate you do it.

If your trying to make a game just take some tips from the internet
10/08/2015 6:54 am
Ivain
What, specifically, are you trying to study?
Since your main interests are animating and making games, try to relate whatever you're trying to study to that.
If its Math, try thinking of how you could use those formulas and techniques could be used in a game.

If its geography, think of how you would use it to design terrain
History can be used as inspiration for lore
Languages can be used to voice animations and game characters in a more realistic way.

Physics can be used for, well, the physics of a game
Chemistry can be used for designing effects (this is far-fetched but I have to think of something )
Biology can be used to design strange creatures and plants and characters for games.

I think those were most of it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome