»|★|-=COMING SOON=-|★|=-=|★|-=τʜ∊ ʟυχ=-|★|=-=|★|-=NETWORK=-|

XxReeedxXMinecraft's Avatar XxReeedxXMinecraft8/27/14 10:34 pm
1 emeralds 236 5
10/12/2014 5:26 pm
dubbleshooter's Avatar dubbleshooter
Before I begin, I would like to formally say to all that read this post, thank you for actually taking your time to apply to be staff

PLEASE APPLY, AND WE WILL WHITELIST YOU ON THE SERVER - IT IS CURRENTLY ON A DEVELOPMENT SERVER AND WILL BE SWITCHED OVER TO THE REAL SERVER SOON
IP: 192.95.30.84:25601

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What is TheLux Network?
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

TheLux Network is not an everyday network - it's a network that is currently in development and wishes to bring a new experience to Minecraft players that they have not experienced before.

Our Current Mission Statement is:

TheLux Network is focused on maximizing Minecraft playing, and promoting new experiences for all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
How did TheLux come to be?

Well, about 2 and a half years ago, I, XxReeedxX, and a friend were thinking.... What if we brought a new focus on Minecraft games to the game itself? Well, finally we are bringing that dream to life. I am currently going to be the Owner, and that friend is still under a "look-over" for a position, as I do not feel that we should have a Co-Owner position, it just does not appeal to me.

TheLux Network Information

Warning: Get ready for some long information

=-Game modes-=

-World Craft:

World Craft, which is my original idea of a server, consists of 3 cities, all real life remakes, in which people will do everyday things that you would find in real life, such as (but not limited to: getting a job, getting paid for that job, going to college, etc.) One city, Las Vegas, will be custom made according to every single thing that you would find in Las Vegas, Nevada in the USA. The other two cities, New York and Tokyo, will also consist of most things that you find in a real life tour of them. I realize that this seems like an impossible job, as I can be realistic, but I do believe that my team can accomplish it.

-Kingdoms of Cities:

Kingdoms of Cities is a custom made game that my team and I will fit to needs that we desire and think that the MineCraft community would enjoy. In this game mode, there will also be 3 different cities, but this time with a completely different idea. Players will spawn in this world with nothing, and they have a choice of classes to choose from: Builder, Crafter, and Hunter. Each class will only have certain abilities, such as only a level 50 Hunter and above may go to the nether, and only a level 3 Crafter may craft a crafting bench. Since there are 3 cities, and 3 classes, we decided to join those ideas. Each class will be in their own city, and every now and then, the cities will go to war at a rage and will not stop until the other cities surrender.

-Ultra Hardcore:

Ultra Hardcore (UHC) was a game designed by the MindCrack Server where players join and they may either join a team or be in single groups. In this game, people play hardcore survival, where if you die, you are out of the game. HOWEVER, players can not regenerate health by just eating food, they must either travel to the nether and make a brewing stand to make health potions, or make a golden apple. I have decided that this game would be a great game in the multiplayer world, so I thought of a way that we could do this. I plan to have many different signs set up in the lobby of UHC, where people can choose which arena of UHC they would like to join. In this arena, the players (in a team or single) will try to become the last man standing. After a period of 120 minutes, all remaining living players will be teleported to a 100 x 100 arena in which the players will battle to the death with the remaining tools and armor they have.

-M.M.O.R.P.G:

In this game mode, we plan to have our own special type of twist to it where players must go around and go up to NPC's where they will get quests from them for them to go to other places in the M.M.O.R.P.G server to complete that quest in which they will get prizes after they complete them. Once they complete all quests, they will get a diamond (not for use of crafting) diamonds may be used (all throughout all servers) for players to raise up, and if they get enough they may be able to buy certain perks in each game.

=-Mini games-=

- The Lux Hunger Games: Of course, this is something that all great servers should have. However, we have not decided what yet, but my server will have a twist to our Hunger games. This information is soon to come.

- TNT Run: Players will race against time and other players to spleef around some TNT and try to save themselves from not falling into the pit of death: the void.

- Other Mini games coming soon....

=-Prison-=

-Prison: We plan to have a prison server, as it is one of the fastest growing types of servers there are. With our prison server, as all of our other games will have, it will have a twist to it. After players have went through the common D, C, B, and A, ranks, players will get a Free rank in which they will ACTUALLY be let free. Once this happens, they will be released to go out and create their own real town with the Towny plugin.

=-Survival-=

Survival: We plan to have a PURE survival world, since we find that most MineCraft players tend to like it when they play PURE survival, with no plugins. In this world, it will basically be EXACTLY like single player.... except.... well..... its multiplayer

Staff Positions Currently Filled

[Owner] XxReeedxX
[HeadAdmin] DARKNESSS88
[Admin] mudhens67890
[Admin] LTW105
[PreAdmin] SkyBeam33

Staff Positions Currently Available

MUCH MORE STAFF WILL BE ADDED AT A LATER TIME, RIGHT NOW THESE STAFF MEMBERS ARE THE FIRST TO JOIN AND HELP CREATE THE IDEA OF THE SERVER - ONCE WE SPLIT UP OUR DIFFERENT SERVERS, STAFF WILL BE SPLIT ACCORDING TO WHICH SERVER THEY PREFER THE BEST.

Helper (5) - Helpers.... well.... they help! The helper's job is mainly focused on helping the server BY helping the players on the server. By doing so, it makes sure that every player on the game will be acquired with the knowledge they need to make sure that they understand the concept and rules of the server. Helpers may not be able to "enforce" the rules, but they sure do enforce their job!

Mod (4) - Mods.... well.... yet again it is self explanatory.... They Moderate! The Mod's job is mainly focused on helping the server by enforcing the rules and by doing so will make sure that all players have a fun and great general time on the server. This staff position is one of the most IMPORTANT positions of all. It is basically the main enforcement on the server. The Helpers Help, the HeadMod Moderates Mods/Helpers and Helps admins, admins moderate the WHOLE server, and of course the headadmin/owner does everything. There is basically no time for one group to be focused on mainly just enforcement. This is exactly what Mod is for!

HeadMod (1) - Headmods... well..... this is getting annoying, I know..... it is self explanatory AGAIN.... They are the HEADS of the MODS and helpers! The Headmods are not JUST in charge of those groups, but they get to choose these groups as well. After this post, once the server is up and running, the HeadMod will have the tough job of choosing each Mod/Helper, which is a VERY important job.

PreAdmins/Admins (3) - These are the leaders of the server. They make sure that all players on the server, staff or not, are in the game (by game I mean GAME). In this position, there is no playing around. Yes, you can joke, I do not mean you can not "play around" as in you can't make a joke every once and a while (<-- Actually that would be nice if you did...), I mean it as in you can not do something that YOU feel you would not have on your own server. As I want for all my staff, treat this server like it were your own. This position requires a VERY high class application, we are not accepting any "regular" applicants, we want those that catch our eye.

Developer (2) - This rank is one of the funnest to work with, in my opinion. These people are experienced in one or more of the following: JavaScript, jQuery, Python, PHP, HTML/CSS, etc. There are 2 developers for a reason.... 1 for server development, and one for website development. However, both of them will work with each other if they wish. These developers must either provide us with some of their past work, or give us an example of something they might be able to create. MORE WILL BE ADDED LATER - KEEP UPDATED WITH THIS POST.

Builder Positions Currently Filled

[HeadBuilder] DARKNESS88

Builder Positions Currently Available

BlockMaster - This is the main builder group. In this group, you will basically do what your job entitles you to do, build! GRIEFING IS PROHIBITED, just a reminder. If you see another builder griefing, report it to a high staff member immediately. You have access to all normal Builder things (WorldEdit, Creative, etc.)

TrialBM - This is the Trial Rank for BlockMaster. You are entitled to all the same things BlockMaster is, although you do not have access to WorldEdit. Do not worry, once you are in this group, you will not be in it for long as long as you provide us with things to make sure that you deserve BlockMaster.

SeniorBM - Senior BlockMaster is ahead of BlockMaster and may start projects on the server. The other 2 ranks MAY NOT start their own projects, but build only for what a high staff member tells you to do. With Senior BlockMaster, you get to have freedom and build your own projects for the server.

Staff Applications

Helper
Click to reveal
Name:

Maturity (1/10):

Are you experienced in this rank?

Are you staff on another server?

How do you think you would be helping the server by being a helper?

What is the "Main idea" of being a helper in your eyes?

What do you think would make you a good helper?

What makes you think that you are "right" for TheLux Network's Helper team?

Describe things you believe would be nice that you could use to HELP players:

Your timezone:

More time Information (Days you will be on and won't, etc.):

If a player asks "What is the command to go back to my home?" and another helper says "This is so easy... why don't you just go look it up..." what do you say to BOTH the Helper and the player?

Mod:
Click to reveal
Name:

Maturity (1/10):

Have you ever been staff on another server?

Describe what things you believe would help you better be able to Moderate the server?

Explain the difference between a helper and a mod.

Describe why you believe you should be chosen to be mod on TheLux Network:

Explain in what ways you would best be fit to be a TheLux Network Mod:

Your timezone:

More timezone info (Days you will be on and won't):

If a player starts advertising, what do you do?

HeadMod
Click to reveal
Name:

Maturity (1/10):

Describe what things you believe would help you better be able to Moderate the server?

Explain the difference between a helper and a mod.

Describe why you believe you should be chosen to be headmod on TheLux Network:

Explain in what ways you would best be fit to be a TheLux Network HeadMod and How you think you would enforce rules between helpers and moderators:

Explain HOW you would choose Mods/Helpers when you are choosing applications:

Your timezone:

More timezone info (Days you will be on and won't):

If a player starts advertising, what do you do?

If a mod starts abusing his/her powers, what do you do?

PreAdmin/Admin
Click to reveal
Name:

Maturity (1/10):

Describe how you would make the server a better place

Explain the reason why you should become an Admin/PreAdmin

Describe the difference between what you believe a PreAdmin/Admin:

Describe your attitude towards Minecraft:

Describe your attitude towards TheLux:

If you suspect a player of hacking, but you only have that feeling, what do you do?

Banning a player on our server requires you to give a reason when you ban. What if a Mod/Admin does not do this? How would YOU punish them if it were YOUR server.

Dev:
Click to reveal
Name:

Maturity (1/10):

Are you experienced in this rank?

How do you think you would be helping the server by being a dev?

What is the "Main idea" of being a dev in your eyes?

Show work/something you THINK You could create here:

What do you think would make you a good dev?

Developers ARE NOT higher ranks than admins - you may not enforce rules on them, However, if an admin is not doing their job and is abusing, what do you do?

What makes you think that you are "right" for TheLux Network's Developer team?

What parts of the server you think you would be best at developing:

Your timezone:

More time Information (Days you will be on and won't, etc.):

If you ever need help with developing something, who do you ask? (Choose one to how you feel):
A: The Owner
B: The HeadAdmin
C: The Other Developer
D: Any Admin
E: The Internet
F: Just forget it and move on

TrialBM Application

Click to reveal
Name:

Maturity (On a scale of 1-10):

Your Type of Building:
PLEASE INCLUDE 2 SCREENSHOTS OF A BUILD

How you think you could make this server better:

If another BM starts griefing, what do you do?
XxReeedxXMinecraft
Level 3 : Apprentice Network