Command block not working on my 1.7.2 server

Maeghs's Avatar Maeghs5/3/15 12:19 am
1 emeralds 380 8
5/3/2015 6:25 am
61234's Avatar 61234
So I'm trying to setup some command blocks in my staff area to give me some cool stuff.
Except the only command that I've gotten to work is '/give @p steak'
I've tried copying codes straight off the internet, creating my own, and copying them straight from online command block code generators such as: http://mcstacker.bimbimma.com/

When I click the button on the command block nothing happens
The plugins my server currently has are:
Click to reveal
Citizens, WorldEdit, Iconomy, Announcer, Heads, Clearlagg, Plotme, multiverse, permissionsex, holographicDisplays, CookieMonster, mcMMO, WorldGuard, Essentials, Multiverse-portals

Please, if you know how to get them to work let me know
Maeghs
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/03/2015 6:25 am
Try replacing /give with /minecraft:give. Essentials replaces the vanilla /give with their own, so you have to use /minecraft:give instead.
05/03/2015 4:47 am
Level 1 : New Miner
GRH-Gaming-Servers
I know from previous experience that a lot of online information regarding names and enchantments in the /give command is outdated and no longer works. Keep searching for a way that works and try it through normal minecraft (like typing commands in chat) and then try it with the command block. Hope I helped.
05/03/2015 4:04 am
Maeghs
My enable-command-block option is set to true, that's one of the first things i checked.
I am trying to give myself enchanted tools and armor, so the /give command is not sufficient
05/03/2015 4:42 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Try restarting server? As when you change it from false = true you need to restart server for changes to take a place.
05/03/2015 4:28 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
You can do that with the /give command...
05/03/2015 3:08 am
Level 33 : Artisan Taco
TheAl_T
Hi.
Try opening your server.properties file (with any text editor) and make sure you have line that says:
enable-command-block=true

Hope it helps.

@GRH-Gaming-Servers , MCStacker is capable of creating a /give command, just choose it from the dropdown menu.
05/03/2015 3:17 am
GRH-Gaming-Servers
Ah yes, sorry I'm not familiar with MCStacker. I was also thinking he might have them disabled, but then it is strange that he could get the /give @p steak working.
05/03/2015 2:47 am
GRH-Gaming-Servers
When you say they don't work with other commands, what exactly do you mean? Some commands cannot be used in command blocks. If you are giving someone an item when they flick a switch, try '/give @p itemnumber'. If you need any further help for your server, you can email one of our friendly staff at mail@grhservers.com

EDIT: Just looked at that link, you really won't need to summon items, just use the /give command to put it in their inventory, if you wanted the item dropped, use a dispenser, fill it with items and put a couple of hoppers above it to keep it full. Hope I helped.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome