Community Discussion - What do you want to do with yourself?

candle_'s Avatar candle_8/23/16 9:44 pm
8/25/2016 1:11 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm's Avatar Sergeant Sarcasm
In an effort to foster more positive discussions and community interaction, I've decided to work with Chron and pretty much anyone else interested in creating weekly discussion threads. There's plenty of controversial topics which have plenty of discussion, but an equal amount of flaming and vitriol.

Remember, posting threads is simple and takes very little effort, even though it may seem a bit daunting at first. If there's a topic you're interested in or something you've been dying to discuss, post a thread! It's a great way of having interesting discussions and becoming more well-known.

This week, I'm asking what you would like to do with yourself? We all have a limited time here. We can't do everything, and all of us are motivated by, are interested in, and strive to do different things. What do you hope to achieve in your lifetime?

Chron note: Please answer seriously. The point of this thread is to be constructive, not edgy. Joking posts will be removed.
candle_
Retired Moderator
Level 42 : Master Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/25/2016 1:11 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
I'm probably going to learn more GLSL and keep pumping out code for shaders until I feel like I'm smart enough to hit up one of the higher ups at Hi-Rez and talk about job opportunities in computer graphics.
As much of a far fetched thing that seems to be, my uncle is pretty tight with the dude so I should be able to at least talk to him. And, if it doesn't work out, I would at least be able to get some information on the industry as a whole.
08/25/2016 1:03 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
I'm currently thinking about becoming a criminal defense attorney, but I'm only a sophomore in high school, so that could definitely change.
08/25/2016 12:58 pm
candle_
I don’t know what I want to do for a career but I am very interested in botanical science, especially horticulture and agronomy. Forestry and ecological sciences are also an interesting option for me. I’m very passionate and interested in all of them!

The most important thing I really want to do with my life is try to help others, even if only a bit. I have really bad self-worth issues and really, really dislike myself and I end up feeling like a burden on everyone around me. I try to be as nice as I can to others whenever possible. Small things like that can end up meaning a lot to someone.

I’d like to keep and make a few more good friends. I don’t really need romantic love. It’s not something I am particularly interested in or desperate for, or something I’d go out of the way to find, but if I happened upon it I wouldn’t mind. Platonic love is very important and more than good enough for me, personally.

I’d love to be able to learn how to create various types of art but right now I don’t really have enough time to study or practice. I am a very creative person but writing cannot express some of the things I desperately want to. Writing is also not capable of creating super cute things, and you can’t gift writing to friends.

I always feel really bad when people make me art because I can’t really return the favor except in like, terrible pixel art or a bad minecraft skin.

I’d also like to live in a natural area with lots of trees, four seasons, and some nice little towns fairly close. I cannot stand living in the city. I don’t really need a big house or anything, but I would want to completely convert the interior into something truly unique.
08/24/2016 12:50 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
08/24/2016 9:21 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
GabrielleCraft
I plan to be an extremely popular youtuber once I get an account. OtherIl be a doctor or artitect.
08/24/2016 7:53 am
Level 21 : Expert Princess
Rachel_Alucard
I am forced to be a doctor
But what I really want is to be a magical vampire witch which I already am
But srsly
I want to be a writer or an animator or a software engineer
But what I really want is to really be able to be with art but I also want to really write and just WORDS but I also want to do something about software engineering or an animator
Just basically art but in the meantime I will just relax as it will still be in a long time
To everybody
Dont give up!!
08/24/2016 4:56 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
Programming (software engineering, duh) is also an art. You have to plan/visualize program's flow, abstraction layer design, and lots of fun stuff. Yeah, and maintain stuff sometimes xD

When you programming person and artistic person, you can achieve much more and faster (if you know what you're doing), because you can write a program that can do automated tasks which will save your time, but will give you result.

P.S.: sorry for "stuffy" style of explanation
08/24/2016 12:41 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
I plan to cryo-freeze myself until the future from BTTF 2 is a reality.
08/24/2016 12:10 am
OrangeMushroom
I want to be a mushroom.

nah, i actually want to work at mojang,and help function minecraft.
OrangeMushroom but i probably wouldnt be much of a help, they would have to take the mushroom files away...
08/24/2016 12:07 am
OrangeMushroom
I want to be a mushroom.

nah, i actually want to work at mojang,and help function minecraft. but i probably wouldnt be much of a help, they would have to take the mushroom files away...
08/24/2016 12:03 am
Level 45 : Master Chef
Cheffy
Teacher, because I'd make a great 6th grade history teacher
08/23/2016 11:57 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
I plan to become either a game tester or a writer. But those are long shots for me.

If anything, I'll be a teacher.

But again, those are just speculations.
08/24/2016 1:04 am
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
rosedragon
go to flashgamelicense, you can test many games and get appreciated by developers .
08/23/2016 11:44 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Bookmarking so I can make a post tomorrow.
08/23/2016 10:23 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
rosedragon
TravisBecome a unicorn.

I plan to be a dragon, I am sorry if I ends up eating you .

Serious side, when I was a kid probably my biggest dream was being a scientist that make monsters to keep humans in check. Ya know, like guarding forests or eat soldiers, or at least become one humanity fight off instead themselves.

After a certain event, I wanted to tell my story to the whole world. Granted, I told it to many and many feels inspired, sad, relieved of it... but nowhere I can get to the 'world' I am imagining of. And I am in doubt too how would I end it. This is the story anyway: http://imgur.com/a/KgcxH

Nowadays, I have lower my expectations and I just want to make the rp server right, so I can call it my home.
08/23/2016 9:50 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
I personally want to be an author. But blogging on PMC has opened up more writing options for me, so who knows?
08/23/2016 9:46 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
Banana
Considering i'm already a junior i'm going to start there.

I am not 100% sure on my possible career choices or degrees I will pursue in college, but i've narrowed it down to either Marine Biology, or just a generic Engineering degree.

My local college that I plan on attending has an outstanding marine biology program, and pretty much guarantees a career at the aquarium located on campus. It comes with a pretty steady paycheck, especially for a (probably) single person like me. From there on I plan to scrape enough money to either move to Hawaii (I like the united states) or to the very sparsely populated lower regions of Australia, near the coast.

Of course if the marine biology plan doesn't work out, and all my other options are exhausted, ill join the military as a last resort. Considering all the benefits it's a good Plan C, at least until I can find out what I really want to do.

Maybe i'll settle down with a family, maybe I won't. Who knows.

All I know is that I have a Chemistry test tomorrow that I literally just remembered about while writing this so good bye.
08/23/2016 9:46 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
500poundsofnothing
I plan to cross the continent on a bike. After that I will probably pursue a teaching job.
08/23/2016 9:51 pm
candle_
I've always loved the idea of travelling a long distance by bike (or any light vehicle); living off of only what you need while experiencing a lot of the world and what it has to offer while remaining fairly unburdened. Getting the money to do so is a problem, though.
08/23/2016 9:45 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
Travis
Become a unicorn.

But actually, I have no idea, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome